What's new

Best Characters-Tier list prediction

Best character in the near future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Please- I want to like Bane.. I do... But the only thinking involved is "WHY does my charge go full screen?!" Underrated? I don't think so.. He is a grappler, plain and simple.. And not a great one at that. Placing him slightly below the pack of mediocrity.. Sorry.
Only thinking about charge and not even knowing its purpose
Pretends to know anything worth a damn about Bane

Sound logic.

Lol Superman is not broken. He's pretty good but not TOO good. He's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal, which makes sense. He can zone a bit, he can rush down a bit, he can mixup a bit, he can control the air a bit. But he has weaknesses.

Pretty much any special he does is full combo punishable outside of Breath on block. Flying Punch. Low Scoop. Point blank Heat VIsions, air or otherwise. Air Ground Smash. RIsing Grab.

F23~Breath isn't nearly as dirty as people think it is.

His crossup potential is virtually nonexistent.

His air dash can be AAd pretty easily.

He does fairly medium damage without meter unless cornered. MB Breath is pretty much required for 30+ percent, even with trait.

He doesn't have any TRUE 50/50 low/overhead game.

Superman is part fish, part dirt. He's a mudfish.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Only thinking about charge and not even knowing its purpose
Pretends to know anything worth a damn about Bane

Sound logic.
Bane is what he is.. A no depth grappler. His week 1 tech will be his week 100 tech, there is no nut to crack here.

Sound logic

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
bane is what gief wishes he was. The pressure he can put on you is flat out stupid. I think you will see it one day
If he can ever get in. Bane needs a buff, I used him and it doesn't matter how many 50/50s he has if he doesn't have a good way to get in on alot of matchups.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Bane is what he is.. A no depth grappler. His week 1 tech will be his week 100 tech, there is no nut to crack here.

Sound logic
I like you man, and most of your posts, but that is so far from true. Maybe your average Bane player online does the same 3 moves over and over but no, Bane is going to surprise so many people in the future

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lol Superman is not broken. He's pretty good but not TOO good. He's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal, which makes sense. He can zone a bit, he can rush down a bit, he can mixup a bit, he can control the air a bit. But he has weaknesses.

Pretty much any special he does is full combo punishable outside of Breath on block. Flying Punch. Low Scoop. Point blank Heat VIsions, air or otherwise. Air Ground Smash. RIsing Grab.

F23~Breath isn't nearly as dirty as people think it is.

His crossup potential is virtually nonexistent.

His air dash can be AAd pretty easily.

He does fairly medium damage without meter unless cornered. MB Breath is pretty much required for 30+ percent, even with trait.

He doesn't have any TRUE 50/50 low/overhead game.

Superman is part fish, part dirt. He's a mudfish.

He has airdash setups on knockdowns that you cant wakeup and cant backdash out of.
He has crossups.
His airdash can't be AA'd easily by WWs D2, and her D2 is pretty much a phantom hitbox (cause it can AA Doomsdays JD3 easily)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If he can ever get in. Bane needs a buff, I used him and it doesn't matter how many 50/50s he has if he doesn't have a good way to get in on alot of matchups.
Just because you used him and couldn't get in doesn't mean NRS needs to give him a buff. If he gets buffs he'll be overpowering and people will cry. A good bane player who properly uses Venom is a nightmare for many players and Bane has no matchups he cannot win

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Just because you used him and couldn't get in doesn't mean NRS needs to give him a buff. If he gets buffs he'll be overpowering and people will cry. A good bane player who properly uses Venom is a nightmare for many players and Bane has no matchups he cannot win
I'm not saying he needs a big buff, just a small change to help him get in on people like Supes that body him for free. I didn't drop Bane because I was bad with Bane, I dropped him because Grundy is the better grappler to deal with match-ups Bane has a really hard time with due to, you guessed it, ways to get in. Grundy has moves and tactics that let him get in on good zoning players, 60% off one bar, and the same Mix-up potential.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm not saying he needs a big buff, just a small change to help him get in on people like Supes that body him for free. I didn't drop Bane because I was bad with Bane, I dropped him because Grundy is the better grappler to deal with match-ups Bane has a really hard time with due to, you guessed it, ways to get in. Grundy has moves and tactics that let him get in on good zoning players, 60% off one bar, and the same Mix-up potential.
Grundy is the better grappler.......in your opinion. And that's cool. He might be easier to play also, that's fine too. But I'm pretty confident most bane players feel he really doesn't need anything to get in minus good old fashioned patience. This is a fast game but you don't always need to play fast to win. Once Bane gets in he's hard to get out (assuming the Bane knows what he's doing). He's far from low tier w/no horrible matchups

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Grundy is the better grappler.......in your opinion. And that's cool. He might be easier to play also, that's fine too. But I'm pretty confident most bane players feel he really doesn't need anything to get in minus good old fashioned patience
No one said he's easier to play, you just made that up. I gave my reasons why I think Grundy is better and you just reply with "well Bane is better just cause" and don't give me any reason, as I did to you. Thanks guy.

Really? I've heard more people say that he needs small changes than those that say he's fine.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I like you man, and most of your posts, but that is so far from true. Maybe your average Bane player online does the same 3 moves over and over but no, Bane is going to surprise so many people in the future
I agree with you as far as the online component.. But following that logic, Bane catches people sleeping when someone who knows how to man him jumps in the saddle. And slowly as more people begin to get better with him, he will be exposed.. Much like how Doomsday stock went down. Week 1 DD was a nightmare.. Not so much anymore- and again, this is not a professional aspect, but the aspect of the character as played by ALL his players at all levels.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
No one said he's easier to play, you just made that up. I gave my reasons why I think Grundy is better and you just reply with "well Bane is better just cause" and don't give me any reason, as I did to you. Thanks guy.

Really? I've heard more people say that he needs small changes than those that say he's fine.
Your right, you didn't say he's easier, that's just the general consensus I see on the boards, so my bad, I shouldn't have generalized cause I really don't like it done to me so I shouldn't do it.

Overall, I feel his up close game is unmatched. His D1 is very underrated and sets up many command throw setups. He ends combos w/command throw which you cannot tech and are very close to him. Venom has armor on a normal, somewhat fast (and safe and plus frames) overhead, plus his other specials and most importantly, command grab. Venom IMO is what puts him over the top but IMO, you have to be really smart on how you use it. If Venom had zero drawbacks, he would be a really screwed up char cause people would abuse it all day. He has lows that give frame adv on block AND hit. I feel he is very much like Cage where he truly does have the ability to stay in your zipcode, move in and enjoy life there

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I agree with you as far as the online component.. But following that logic, Bane catches people sleeping when someone who knows how to man him jumps in the saddle. And slowly as more people begin to get better with him, he will be exposed.. Much like how Doomsday stock went down. Week 1 DD was a nightmare.. Not so much anymore- and again, this is not a professional aspect, but the aspect of the character as played by ALL his players at all levels.
DD is not safe, at all. Bane is plus frame from his best moves up close, not the same. I broke a little down in my post above

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Overall, I feel his up close game is unmatched. His D1 is very underrated and sets up many command throw setups. He ends combos w/command throw which you cannot tech and are very close to him. Venom has armor on a normal, somewhat fast (and safe and plus frames) overhead, plus his other specials and most importantly, command grab. Venom IMO is what puts him over the top but IMO, you have to be really smart on how you use it. If Venom had zero drawbacks, he would be a really screwed up char cause people would abuse it all day. He has lows that give frame adv on block AND hit. I feel he is very much like Cage where he truly does have the ability to stay in your zipcode, move in and enjoy life there
And that's the problem right there. Yes, Bane is ridiculous up close, that's why I mained him, but against match-ups like Supes, Cyborg etc. he has a really tough time getting in so that he can do that. I'm not saying that they should give him huge buffs, just a small tweak to help him get close to these characters. Bane is fine, by no means garbage, but he suffers from the classic grappler syndrome.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
And that's the problem right there. Yes, Bane is ridiculous up close, that's why I mained him, but against match-ups like Supes, Cyborg etc. he has a really tough time getting in so that he can do that. I'm not saying that they should give him huge buffs, just a small tweak to help him get close to these characters. Bane is fine, by no means garbage, but he suffers from the classic grappler syndrome.
The armor on his Venom allows him to work his way in little by little. Level 3 will make his F2Down, the normal overhead, have armor as well. It just takes time, and it's very annoying to deal w/, but I personally really like him the way he is and over time when people learn how to deal w/all the crazy zoning going on right now (remember Ermac was top tier in MK9 when it came out), in time I think Bane goes up to at least upper mid. He's a far superior Zangief

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Mostly on the ground, in the fetal position, crying for buffs...
Wait for it guys, soon..

He was born a Top-tier
other chars merely adopted it

You think Bat-trait is your ally. But you merely adopted the Top-tiers; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see My potential until I was a played character, by then it was nothing to me but BROKEN!

...soon

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
The armor on his Venom allows him to work his way in little by little. Level 3 will make his F2Down, the normal overhead, have armor as well. It just takes time, and it's very annoying to deal w/, but I personally really like him the way he is and over time when people learn how to deal w/all the crazy zoning going on right now (remember Ermac was top tier in MK9 when it came out), in time I think Bane goes up to at least upper mid. He's a far superior Zangief
What is armor going to do against Supes trait and cyborgs ianb along with the fact that he can grapple away from the charge on reaction?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
What is armor going to do against Supes trait and cyborgs ianb along with the fact that he can grapple away from the charge on reaction?
Bane has hard matchups. I truly think every char in this game has hard matchups, but under a really smart player (remember last week everybody thought Sinestro was crap, then Pig of the Huts busts out some sick hidden tech nobody knew about) will do a lot of damage w/him. I think he has too many positive tools and if we are basing matchups on Superman then everybody is bad

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Bane has hard matchups. I truly think every char in this game has hard matchups, but under a really smart player (remember last week everybody thought Sinestro was crap, then Pig of the Huts busts out some sick hidden tech nobody knew about) will do a lot of damage w/him. I think he has too many positive tools and if we are basing matchups on Superman then everybody is bad
And that's the reason Bane needs a slight buff to help him get in. It's not okay for a fighting game to have match-ups that are terrible. Tekken, GGAC, BBCP, and I think King of fighters XIII, have all achieved a state where any character can be be used in any match-up without it being heavily in ones favor. NRS should be tweaking the game so that it can get to the point where one can use whoever they want, at a high level, without having to worry about horrible match-ups and having to counterpick.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
And that's the reason Bane needs a slight buff to help him get in. It's not okay for a fighting game to have match-ups that are terrible. Tekken, GGAC, BBCP, and I think King of fighters XIII, have all achieved a state where any character can be be used in any match-up without it being heavily in ones favor. NRS should be tweaking the game so that it can get to the point where one can use whoever they want, at a high level, without having to worry about horrible match-ups and having to counterpick.
True, but compared to other matchups in other games, I really don't think he can't get in on people. Yes, it will require an annoying amount of patience and you really have to watch for mistakes but it can be done. It's not like Honda vs Seth in SSF4 or Sim vs Gief. I get what your saying though, but the buff would have to be minor to keep him balanced IMO. A big buff to get in and everybody drops Grundy IMO

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
But...but.....he has losing matchups. Th.....that must make him low tier.

You know what, how about you guys go play MK9 where characters would have NO FAVORABLE MATCHUPS and then complain about how bad bane is. Even if he was the worst character in the game(lolworthy claim imo), he is way better than sheeva or knao was in mk9.

No, you need to learn how to walk/armor your way in and learn the movement of the game. Instead of asking for buffs get in the lab and figure it out, people bitched about catwoman being killed by zoners and werent even using her completely safe forward advancing b3. As for bane he has armored charge and a dash that almost covers the entire screen. All that being said if he still has a bad matchup, play someone else. None of those games you listed play anything like injustice so it is illogical to hold it to those same standards. Not to mention stage transitions and interactables can make a horrible matchup easier.