What's new

Best Characters-Tier list prediction

Best character in the near future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
But...but.....he has losing matchups. Th.....that must make him low tier.

You know what, how about you guys go play MK9 where characters would have NO FAVORABLE MATCHUPS and then complain about how bad bane is. Even if he was the worst character in the game(lolworthy claim imo), he is way better than sheeva or knao was in mk9.
Not sure what kind of people you are playing using Bane but he is nowhere close to being bottom tier or worst in the game. You'll see more and more top players at majors using him when they understand counter-zoning. He's a nightmare in the right hands

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
but the buff would have to be minor to keep him balanced IMO. A big buff to get in and everybody drops Grundy IMO
That's all I'm saying, and want. I also don't believe he needs anything huge. Also the truth behind that last statement made me laugh.

Wait, can you provide a link to Pig playing last week?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Not sure what kind of people you are playing using Bane but he is nowhere close to being bottom tier or worst in the game. You'll see more and more top players at majors using him when they understand counter-zoning. He's a nightmare in the right hands
You must have missed where I said "lolworthy claim imo"

But yeah I am agreeing with you.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
But...but.....he has losing matchups. Th.....that must make him low tier.

You know what, how about you guys go play MK9 where characters would have NO FAVORABLE MATCHUPS and then complain about how bad bane is. Even if he was the worst character in the game(lolworthy claim imo), he is way better than sheeva or knao was in mk9.
So because MK9 had terrible balance that makes it okay for people to have bad match-ups in other games?
What kind of logic...?

Zoidberg747

So because MK9 had terrible balance that makes it okay for people to have bad match-ups in other games?
What kind of logic...?
Read the edit. By your logic since those 4 games dont have bad matchups, even though they play nothing like injustice, that NRS should be held to that same standard. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that transitions/interactables make bad matchups better in some cases. ]

The MK9 comparison was just laughing at you for complaining about 1 bad matchup. People in MK9 dealt with like 20+ and still did well in tournaments. If you are already complaining week 3 about a MU then you are not putting in the time. Get in the lab and figure it out, because I guarantee you that some of these "bad" matchups will end up being completely the opposite of what we thought they were in the near future.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Read the edit. By your logic since those 4 games dont have bad matchups, even though they play nothing like injustice, that NRS should be held to that same standard. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that transitions/interactables make bad matchups better in some cases. ]

The MK9 comparison was just laughing at you for complaining about 1 bad matchup. People in MK9 dealt with like 20+ and still did well in tournaments. If you are already complaining week 3 about a MU then you are not putting in the time. Get in the lab and figure it out, because I guarantee you that some of these "bad" matchups will end up being completely the opposite of what we thought they were in the near future.
I'm not the only one who didn't understand your first post;) But thank you for clarifying

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That's all I'm saying, and want. I also don't believe he needs anything huge. Also the truth behind that last statement made me laugh.

Wait, can you provide a link to Pig playing last week?
I don't think a vid is up but based on what everybody is saying (he's actually made a really good informative post in the sinestro thread explaining the tech) he's the new flavor of the week (sinestro).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane doesn't need buffs. He can get in on everybody bar Cyborg because of his block infinite with simple walking, dashing, and good old-fashioned armor.

Has an absurd rushdown game and an even more insane corner one where he can knock you down and armor your wake-up, get rid of even level 3 debuffs in combo, end in command grab, and start the whole armored pressure over again.

He's good, but he simply gets outclassed by a few characters. That's how fighting games tend to work.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
So because Injustice isn't like those games it shouldn't be expected to become balanced? What kind of stupid...?

Those interactables will only work on certain stages, if you're able to select them. There also the fact that they don't magically fix bad match-ups.
1. I'm not complaining about any one match up, what are you reading? I'm simple saying that it wouldn't hurt for Bane to get a slight tweak to help him in certain matches. Bane has bad match-ups, this is a fact.
2. Why would I go into the lab with Bane when I don't use him?
3. MK9 having shit balance doesn't mean it's ok for another game to not be as balanced as it can potentially be. Also what do you mean people dealt with 20+ bad matchups in MK9? We saw a select few characters winning majors over and over again.

I can't even laugh at how ridiculous your points are right now.

So because Injustice isn't like those games it shouldn't be expected to become balanced? What kind of stupid...?

Those interactables will only work on certain stages, if you're able to select them. There also the fact that they don't magically fix bad match-ups.

1. I'm not complaining about any one match up, what are you reading? I'm simple saying that it wouldn't hurt for Bane to get a slight tweak to help him in certain matches. Bane has bad match-ups, this is a fact.
3. MK9 having shit balance doesn't mean it's ok for another game to not be as balanced as it can potentially be. Also what do you mean people dealt with 20+ bad matchups in MK9? We saw a select few characters winning majors over and over again.

if you don't use bane then you shouldnt be talking about him and his match ups and whether he needs tweaks or not. especially this early in the game. js

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Bane doesn't need buffs.

He's good, but he simply gets outclassed by a few characters. That's how fighting games tend to work.
I don't get it, is this some kind of MK player logic? A character shouldn't be clearly outclassed by another.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't get it, is this some kind of MK player logic? A character shouldn't be clearly outclassed by another.
It's not bad. He has no match-ups worse than maybe 4-6. That's pretty good for a grappler in a game where almost everyone can zone.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
if you don't use bane then you shouldnt be talking about him and his match ups and whether he needs tweaks or not. especially this early in the game. js
One doesn't need to use a character to know that there are others that simply outclass said character, and that's wrong.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Every character is outclassed by another character in some way. Even superman.

Hell, bane outclasses superman in his own way. Whats superman going to do to wake-up against us?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Every character is outclassed by another character in some way. Even superman.

Hell, bane outclasses superman in his own way. Whats superman going to do to wake-up against us?
He's going to take a big metal boot in the ass, that's what he's gonna do. :mad:

Zoidberg747

1. You were specifically complaining about cyborg
2. Why are you complaining if you DONT EVEN USE HIM
3. Wrong. Off the top of my head we have seen: Shang, Sektor, Smoke, Kabal, Kenshi, KL, Cyrax, and to top it all off someone got top 16 with Kano(i.e worst character in the game)

And also yes, you cannot hold injustice to the same standard as those games. This game is about BS. Almost everyone has some BS, although it may not work against others BS. But the problem is if you buff bane for one matchup then he could then be a bad matchup for someone else, and then people like you would want their character buffed. It is a cycle.

Also I can definitely laugh at your points

Reactions: RYX

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think it was pretty fucked up in some aspects. LBSH there were some things that just needed to be taken out. Right now, at least, Injustice doesn't have that issue save for a few block infinites.
The most popular games in the world have obvious tiers. Even going back as far as SF2 all the way to UMVC3. Perfectly balanced games is not what sells otherwise everybody would be playing Virtua Fighter where tiers really don't factor in that much. Games can have tiers but unwinnable match ups are different

Too early to tell. Nothing looks so broken that there's an obvious top and there's certainly a few people who can compete for it.

On the other end, i don't think anyone has been shown to be completely shutdown yet. There are some worrysome matchups(lex strikes me as one i'm keeping an eye on) but right now nothing that screams unwinnable or too disadvantaged. Sometimes characters have bad mathcups, and sometimes a few characters aren't viable, but it's early in the games life, and right now i've seen nothing that cements the idea that you can't win with anyone.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The most popular games in the world have obvious tiers. Even going back as far as SF2 all the way to UMVC3. Perfectly balanced games is not what sells otherwise everybody would be playing Virtua Fighter where tiers really don't factor in that much. Games can have tiers but unwinnable match ups are different
I wasn't talking about tiers, those exist of course. But c'mon. Cyrax and Smoke having 100% resets?(I won't even go into Cyrax in general) The top ten just being a step above the mid tiers and a mile over the lows who are just pathetic with some of their shit?

Injustice doesn't have that, yet at least. I don't want it to be that kind of balanced but there needs to be a point where people shouldn't have something if it breaks the rules of the game or otherwise affects it negatively.