What's new

Ben Affleck cast as the new Batman in Man of Steel 2

wee tee

Noob

I hate how he rushes out the smoke = sign of a bad actor I guess ;)

And The Town, I dunno, wasn't that impressed tbh. Since I haven't seen Argo I resent my judgement, but didn't like that Supes actor either. They all (Bale included) lack the certain charme Reeves or Keaton brought on the screen imho. But what do I know.

JLG

Noob
I've never understood DC's decision for a large, physically-imposing Batman. In the comics, he's listed as 210 pounds (95.5 kg), so he would be a pretty big guy since he's supposed to have a very solid body. People underestimate what that would look like because we're used to seeing average or even fat bodies, which are not that big at 210 pounds.

Go to a gym and find someone who is a SOLID 210, and I guarantee he will have broad shoulders, heavy legs and/or a thick chest. He would not necessarily look like a bodybuilder, but he would definitely be thick. Now can you imagine someone like that trying to swing from rooftop to rooftop or even doing simple cartwheels, rolls and spins as part of their martial arts? Even if they could do that, they'd be out of breath very fast. There is a reason why Heavyweight class fighters gas out (i.e. fatigue) fast in fights, but they are also exciting to watch because of their knockout power.

As for Ben Affleck, well, he's also between 6'3" and 6'4", so he's even bigger than Henry Cavill, who plays Superman. It might look a bit odd if Batman is literally looking DOWN at Superman.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So Justin Bieber is a good singer ?.. what a logic.
He apparently is. Dont hate ;)
I mean seriously guys you can hate as much as you want, its just your opinion.
Justin bieber a bad singer? Maybe but he seems to do something right for the millions of fans he got.

Oh well haters gonna hate and opinions are opinions.

KCJ506

Noob
As for Ben Affleck, well, he's also between 6'3" and 6'4", so he's even bigger than Henry Cavill, who plays Superman. It might look a bit odd if Batman is literally looking DOWN at Superman.
They could have Cavill wear platform shoes. Hugh Jackman and James Marsden are both 6'2" and in the X-men films they had Marsden wear platform shoes to make him look taller.

And they're always finding ways to make Tom Cruise look taller in his movies.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Justin bieber a bad singer? Maybe but he seems to do something right for the millions of fans he got.

That's what I'm saying, you may be a star for nothing, because your relationship, or bullshit (reality show). Being rich doesn't mean you are skilled, especially in 2013.. I just wanted it to be clear. I actually don't give a fuck about Afflek being batman.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
That's what I'm saying, you may be a star for nothing, because your relationship, or bullshit (reality show). Being rich doesn't mean you are skilled, especially in 2013..
Sadly enough its true. But this is something that happens way before 2013 ;)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
for me the only issue I have is that Daredevil is now Batman ?

othewise Ben can do the job as Bruce no problem

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I've never understood DC's decision for a large, physically-imposing Batman. In the comics, he's listed as 210 pounds (95.5 kg), so he would be a pretty big guy since he's supposed to have a very solid body. People underestimate what that would look like because we're used to seeing average or even fat bodies, which are not that big at 210 pounds.

Go to a gym and find someone who is a SOLID 210, and I guarantee he will have broad shoulders, heavy legs and/or a thick chest. He would not necessarily look like a bodybuilder, but he would definitely be thick. Now can you imagine someone like that trying to swing from rooftop to rooftop or even doing simple cartwheels, rolls and spins as part of their martial arts? Even if they could do that, they'd be out of breath very fast. There is a reason why Heavyweight class fighters gas out (i.e. fatigue) fast in fights, but they are also exciting to watch because of their knockout power.

Personally I think Batman SHOULD look down on Superman.

why? Because Batmans power and strength and speed comes not from his alien DNA, but by his frame, muscles, and size. So it makes sense for Batman to be bigger. Im sorry, but Bale was WAY too small as Batman, not only is he way to short, but I could one-hand any punch he threw at me, and that is wrong.

As for speed and endurance, those MMA fighters have some great endurance. So do these offensive linemen who are 100 pounds heavier and 5 inches taller than Batman. So add that with Bruces training and supplements and its moderately realistic. Moderately.

But yeah, I weigh 183, and a people ALWAYS guess my weight wrong, nobody knows what people who lift weigh.

I cant wait to see what Affleck [who will have like 6-7 months to workout with the best trainers in the world with the best supplements using the Human Growth Hormone ] will look like in the movie. 6 foot 3 or 4, and huge, and he looks GREAT in the cowl. Im excited.

[also, Wonder Woman should be at the same height as Superman, as shes only a few inches shorter and her heals are at least a few inches]

They could have Cavill wear platform shoes. Hugh Jackman and James Marsden are both 6'2" and in the X-men films they had Marsden wear platform shoes to make him look taller.

And they're always finding ways to make Tom Cruise look taller in his movies.

James Marsden is NOT 6 foot 2, hes a few inches shorter than I am. Hes like average height.

Reactions: JLG

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”

"They told me there was nothin' out there, nothin' ta fear. But dat night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse'a somethin'. I've looked for it eva since. I went round da world, searched in all the shadows. And there is somethin' out there in the darkness, somethin' terrifyin', somethin' dat will not stop until it gets revenge... Me."

JLG

Noob
James Marsden is NOT 6 foot 2, hes a few inches shorter than I am. Hes like average height.
All I know is Brandon Routh absolutely dwarfed James Marsden in Superman Returns. Hey, that gives me a thought: Do you guys think James Marsden could play a superhero, maybe a reboot of Green Lantern or Blue Beetle?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
All I know is Brandon Routh absolutely dwarfed James Marsden in Superman Returns. Hey, that gives me a thought: Do you guys think James Marsden could play a superhero, maybe a reboot of Green Lantern or Blue Beetle?
Brandon Routh was like 6 foot 3 or 4, and then they cast the midget Henry Cavill to play Superman.

I could see James Marsden as The Riddler or Cyclops.

Iron Angel

Brandon Routh was like 6 foot 3 or 4, and then they cast the midget Henry Cavill to play Superman.

I could see James Marsden as The Riddler or Cyclops.
He's only two inches shorter =/ And looked more like Superman and less like a Christopher Reeve doppleganger.

Also...THIS=
I hope they keep some stubble in this BatmanSuperman movie.

Kinda like the new Batman Arkham Origins game. I like a lil scruffy Batman.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
He's only two inches shorter =/ And looked more like Superman and less like a Christopher Reeve doppleganger.

Also...THIS=
I 100% agree that Henry was a better Superman than Brandon. Brandon was a better Clark though... but we will have to wait to see till next film if Henry gets to actually play Clark at all to make a final judgement. Its too bad for Routh, he coulda been great if the movie and costume were better. Kind of like a Daredevil/Affleck situation for me, nay?

The Man of Steel suit is perfect. The Superman Returns outfit was meh, not terrible but meh. Hopefully they dont fuck up the Batsuit... but going from Man of Steel suit I have faith for sure.

Just hopefully they dont fall in love with random pieces of armor or full bodyarmor suits like the Nolan movies and before.

Iron Angel

I 100% agree that Henry was a better Superman than Brandon. Brandon was a better Clark though... but we will have to wait to see till next film if Henry gets to actually play Clark at all to make a final judgement. Its too bad for Routh, he coulda been great if the movie and costume were better. Kind of like a Daredevil/Affleck situation for me, nay?

The Man of Steel suit is perfect. The Superman Returns outfit was meh, not terrible but meh. Hopefully they dont fuck up the Batsuit... but going from Man of Steel suit I have faith for sure.

Just hopefully they dont fall in love with random pieces of armor or full bodyarmor suits like the Nolan movies and before.
I don't necessarily think that Henry was any worse at Clark than Brandon was, but, I do think that he was Superman throughout the movie more...Brandon was essentially a copy/paste of Christopher Reeve performance (not that Brandon is a bad actor) it just wasn't his own performance I felt like. I think, if they allow him to in the sequel, we'll see Henry get some Clark acting done.

I agree with the suit, nuff' said lol

I have no qualms with Nolan's version of Batman. I understood that it was not supposed to be a Batman from the comics, it was realisitic and relevant and made sense. I hope that in the Superman vs Batman movie, the suit makes sense. I am excited to see Batfleck's performance. I do hope that they permit themselves to get a little more "out there" regarding how Batman deals with things and what he faces...Man of Steel set the stage of a balance of realistic and fantasy. I loved Man of Steel, it's my fav movie of all time because it's everything I've wanted in a superhero film all rolled up into one. But I hope the next one exceeds that for me. lol

EDIT: FYI, I want Michael Fassbender to shave his head and play Lex Luthor...screw the X-Men films lol

My prediction: Affleck will give a merely serviceable performance, not great job being Batman just like Bale and fanboys will run out of the theater screaming "SEE! IT WAS LIKE HEATH ALL OVER AGAIN! IN SNYDER AND AFFLECK WE TRUST!"

When in reality, Ledger was a different class of actor entirely that was put down by foolish homophobes, which is funny because these same fans love how Scott Snyder in the comics has made Joker hilariously gay for Batman now, no subtext about it anymore.