What's new

Guide - Cassie Cage Beginner's Guide/FAQ to Cassie Cage - Run Combos, Which Variation, and More!

Notez4

Noob
Hollywood version + breakdown of timing
Hey i was messing around with the option select in your Hollywood video and figured out that there is no need for the second 2+4 at all!
The inputs would be F3 DB2+4 F

On block the full string comes out without the second 2+4. i can only get this to work pressing Forward. any other direction so far does not work.

delbuster

hungry
you can actually do F3, db2 plink 4, then any direction.

the video stuff was just what i came up with at the time. i'll update the videos though as i have slightly more reliable stuff to do so.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey i was messing around with the option select in your Hollywood video and figured out that there is no need for the second 2+4 at all!
The inputs would be F3 DB2+4 F

On block the full string comes out without the second 2+4. i can only get this to work pressing Forward. any other direction so far does not work.
It should work for back as well. And you can plink the 24 or 23, you don't have to press them simultaneously.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
you can actually do F3, db2 plink 4, then any direction.

the video stuff was just what i came up with at the time. i'll update the videos though as i have slightly more reliable stuff to do so.
You must be doing this on arcade stick. Been trying it with a controller. Feels weird

Reauxbot

I'm doing it on a controller. Feels ok for me hahaha.
But how low and consistant are you with it?
I use the dpad. Tried the game with the analog. Didnt work with specials too well.
For some reason i thought we were speaking about tbe damn iags.

But yea. Im still having a bit of a struggle regardless

Last edited:

delbuster

hungry
im on pad too. 2 to 3 is a bit wacky, so i actually use 1 to 3 in spec ops for american way hehheh.

2 to 4 is easy in hollywood tho

delbuster

hungry
some button combinations may be harder on a controller. the window itself seems pretty big.

in the end there is no wrong way to do it as long as you do it heh

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
ok, right, but i'm still not seeing a solution to a -9 projectile on hit

ugh into the garbage cassie goes

Reauxbot

ok, right, but i'm still not seeing a solution to a -9 projectile on hit

ugh into the garbage cassie goes
Doesnt Mileena have this same issue?
I dont ever use gunshots close though.
Either way i dont get negative on hit.
Mileenas on hit negativity is unpunishable, maybe Cassies is too.

rubberbuns8002

Come with me if you want to lose
I'm trying to practice execution of B1,2 - flipkick - B1,2 - flipkick in the corner. I've spent over an hour on this and I can't get it consistently. Most of the time the second flipkick doesn't come out. Sometimes the D on the second flipkick (DB2) doesn't register in the inputs. Sometimes the inputs are completely perfect but still no second flipkick. Sometimes everything comes out. I'm at the place now where I think the second B1,2 - flipkick has to delayed till the opponent is at a certain height on the way down. Is this in my head, am I doing something wrong? Can anyone perform this three times in a row? Is there a certain input shortcut I should be using? I'm also thinking maybe it's cancelling out as an option select but I don't understand option selects well enough to make that judgement. I'm on PS4 w/ input shortcuts, negative edge, and alt controls turned off.

Last edited:

delbuster

hungry
if your down and back inputs are clean, you are either
a) not dialing the string into special fast enough or
b) dialing the string into special fast enough but inputting extra directions before the flip kick comes out. this negates the special move input.

if the b1 hits and the 2 followup misses, you are initiating the b1 too early.
you do have to wait a little bit for this combo.

---------
added a section about instant air guns.
updated video on how to do F3 option select

i prefer pressing 2 then 3, rather than 2+3 because you really don't want to accidentally press 3 first

Last edited:
I picked up Cassie today after mastering Kitana (also made waves with scorpion, erron, raiden and kenshi). I have to say after about two hours of messing around i found her to be pleasantly fun in rushdown situations (Using brawler).

Again though stringing combos will take me a couple of days to nail down, i find myself struggling with the run combos, further to that i drop the flip kicks due to mistake cancellations. But i think this is down to a tired mind and hand cramp from repetitive combos.

i feel like 80% of the time i keep coming short after runs. Excuse me if ive missed any previous posts on run combos, but if anyone could enlighten me how to best execute them consistently with cassie id be very grateful.

delbuster

hungry
there's an entire section dedicated to the run combo in the first post. it does deal with coming short after runs. let me know if you have problems not detailed in that section

For the run, input forward forward block (and hold block) DURING the flip kick and then return the stick to neutral while HOLDING BLOCK (you do NOT need to keep holding forward).
i usually hit ff,block (without holding block) coming to the end , or at the end of the flip kick. I get there most of the time but fudge up the end of the combo.

for instance i feel ill hit B1 after the run but nothing after that as im too far from the falling opponent.

delbuster

hungry
you can input run, hold block, and return the stick to neutral. cassie will run immediately after the flip kick. then you can b1 whenever you want.

delbuster

hungry
it is not a great zoning tool but it is a set of 2 quick projectiles

not plus on block.

also the projectiles are high and fast, so ducking under them, then moving forward, is pretty easy.

Reauxbot

They should givr her the Harley Quin gun walk ability :joker:
She has two straps. Why not?

delbuster

hungry
instant air guns is more like an anti zoning check, and it helps with meter build. you do it preemptively and it beats a lot of projectiles. at full screen you can just do it i believe, and you'll be pretty safe outside of teleports. but midrange, it's a lot riskier