What's new

Guide - Cassie Cage Beginner's Guide/FAQ to Cassie Cage - Run Combos, Which Variation, and More!

@delbuster Thanks! One more question- is there any way to safely confirm off a low attack during her Hollywood vortex? From what I see, d+f1 isn't safe unless you burn an EX meter. So basically its safe for her to go for the over head, but you take a risk going low?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Im not sure if im doing the vortex correctly myself. Ive finally settled Cassie as a main. But that was her brawler class.
During lunch i was using Hollywood. Everytime i nutpunched someone they managed to eithet throw me out of it or just d.1 or d.3 me out...
Im guessing its the ex version i should be using huh? Or is online just fucking me?

@delbuster Thanks! One more question- is there any way to safely confirm off a low attack during her Hollywood vortex? From what I see, d+f1 isn't safe unless you burn an EX meter. So basically its safe for her to go for the over head, but you take a risk going low?
It's best to try to hit confirm on the second hit and cancel it into the flipkick.

The overhead is a risk as well. The f33 string is -7 if you're using the OS.

So basically both options are a risk unless you use the EX flipkick, which very few can punish

rubberbuns8002

Come with me if you want to lose
How do you stop slasher Jason when he does his armor walk? He can still run very fast, has good dash, and walk speed. And great range. He seems unstoppable when he armor walks - run/dashes - F2. The F2 can't be jumped over. I'm not saying he's OP but I do think he has stupid balance in that variation. It seems like the only option is to take his easy 37%+ punishes. He doesn't even have a cool down. Yeah you get a free punish assuming he didn't hardknock you across the screen but thats not a good trade. The only thing I have so far is EX glow kick, but the timing has to be perfect and the window is small, because he can still knock you out of it with the F2

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
How do you stop slasher Jason when he does his armor walk? He can still run very fast, has good dash, and walk speed. And great range. He seems unstoppable when he armor walks - run/dashes - F2. The F2 can't be jumped over. I'm not saying he's OP but I do think he has stupid balance in that variation. It seems like the only option is to take his easy 37%+ punishes. He doesn't even have a cool down. Yeah you get a free punish assuming he didn't hardknock you across the screen but thats not a good trade
Can't he just be jumped over? He can't really do much about that.

How do you stop slasher Jason when he does his armor walk? He can still run very fast, has good dash, and walk speed. And great range. He seems unstoppable when he armor walks - run/dashes - F2. The F2 can't be jumped over. I'm not saying he's OP but I do think he has stupid balance in that variation. It seems like the only option is to take his easy 37%+ punishes. He doesn't even have a cool down. Yeah you get a free punish assuming he didn't hardknock you across the screen but thats not a good trade
I haven't really fought too many Jasons yet.

How about EX guns? Multiple hits... not sure if he can walk through that.

Nope he has infinite armor till it times out
Well I'd probably do as much damage as I can while he's walking towards me (with EX or normal gun), then just get ready for his followup.

Does he have high/low mixups? Or is he one of those characters where it's better to block low/high 90% of the time?

rubberbuns8002

Well I'd probably do as much damage as I can while he's walking towards me (with EX or normal gun), then just get ready for his followup.

Does he have high/low mixups? Or is he one of those characters where it's better to block low/high 90% of the time?
He has one low/high mixup, a few overhead strings, no low strings I think, command grabs, and a lot of low and overhead normals with really good range in slasher, he also has advancing normals

Last edited:
He has one low/high mixup, a few overhead strings, no low strings I think, command grabs, and a lot of low and overhead normals with really good range in slasher, he also has advancing normals
Are any of his low/overheard normals reactable? Do they lead to any damaging combos?

I know he has the one low into overhead. Might be best to just block low against him.

Like I said before though, my Jason experience is very little. So far it's from just some dude in ranked who kept doing that low into overhead haha.

rubberbuns8002

His low normals are fairly quick, overheads slow. I've come to the conclusion that you can't escape him (doing a super armor run in F2) unless you get a lucky EX glow kick to armor through. The window is so small it's hard. I guess only teleport characters would have a shot at escaping him. Pretty stupid, at that point it's not about outplaying the opponent, it's about taking a punish trade.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Inexperienced Jason's are going to just throw the armor out there and come in. Need to learn his damaging strings and see what your current Jason likes to do. Block through the armor- and punish his sleep. Good Jason's will armor with full meter- and look to avoid the sleep by hitting the X-ray.. Anticipate and again- punish. When he goes armor- best to turtle up and focus on defense.

Last edited:
Um I'm doing f3, db2+4 and pressing forward on the dpad. It's working but, I only get f34 to come out on both hit and block. Am I doing something wrong

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I'm 100% Hollywood with Cassie.

Off the f3/df1/b12 flipkick starters, I stick with just run b12~nutpunch for an ender. Personally I'm still not used to 212, seems unreliable for me at least.

For midscreen punishes up close I like 21u4 b12~flipkick run f34~nutpunch. If your opponent whiffs something far away or does something unsafe and you're in range, stick with the b12 starter to punish. Not sure what the best 5f punishers for Brawler/SpecOps are but I'm sure there's some nice ones in the combo thread somewhere.

Also really nice guide @delbuster
Wait, seriously? I can't get the f34 nut punch to land mid screen. that sounds amazing..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Um I'm doing f3, db2+4 and pressing forward on the dpad. It's working but, I only get f34 to come out on both hit and block. Am I doing something wrong
You're pressing the last forward too early. You have to delay it slightly. Practice trying to delay it as much as possible with the opponent blocking and still getting the f34 to come out. Then set them to no blocking and try and input the forward as quickly as possible with the flipkick still coming out. That window between the two timings is where you have to input the final forward.

N-Zalo

Noob
Is there any chance that buffering the run with the "holding block" method may delay it a bit??
I mean, in general if you input an action at the exact frame window it comes out faster than if you keep smashing the inputs. Could this be the case?
I'm having problems with the b1,2,db2 - run - 2,1,2 - b1,2,(x) combo, if I buffer the run I can't connect the 2,1,2 string (at best I get 2,1). But if I run pressing f,f,block in the exact moment, time windows seems to stretch and I can do de 2,1,2 with no problem.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Is there any chance that buffering the run with the "holding block" method may delay it a bit??
I mean, in general if you input an action at the exact frame window it comes out faster than if you keep smashing the inputs. Could this be the case?
I'm having problems with the b1,2,db2 - run - 2,1,2 - b1,2,(x) combo, if I buffer the run I can't connect the 2,1,2 string (at best I get 2,1). But if I run pressing f,f,block in the exact moment, time windows seems to stretch and I can do de 2,1,2 with no problem.
If you buffer it, you get it to come out on the first frame. If you're getting the 21 to hit, but not the 212, it actually means you're inputting the 212 too early hahaha.

N-Zalo

Noob
If you buffer it, you get it to come out on the first frame. If you're getting the 21 to hit, but not the 212, it actually means you're inputting the 212 too early hahaha.
It means I'm doing it to early in space, if I wait for her to do half step more, the first 2 misses over.
It's just an observation, perhaps (and most probable) my timing is wrong. Just wanted to check if anyone had the same problem.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It means I'm doing it to early in space, if I wait for her to do half step more, the first 2 misses over.
It's just an observation, perhaps (and most probable) my timing is wrong. Just wanted to check if anyone had the same problem.
Yeah, it's weird timing aye. Ahh well, just practise is all there is to it I guess.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
My bad I had the notation wrong. It should be:

21u4 <slight walk forward> f34~flipkick run~b12~nutpunch

Does 35%.
i can't remember right now but I think F24? nut punch ender is 38%

also i think you can squeeze in a F2 between 21u4 and F34