What's new

Before MK9 can evolve any further, It's time to admit the truth..

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Damn I was just joking lol, I don't know shit about either characters. But to hear Kenshi vs. Kano is a 10-0 at highest level is crazy. I can see it though.
Yea. Its an impossible match up. Unless someone knows something i don't about kano, which is unlikely.

Kabal, on the other hand, totally manageable.. As far as super shitty matchups go.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Both the player and the character matter. That's why so many of the top players choose top 10 characters...because by being one of the best players in the scene and using one of the best characters in the game, it gives them the best opportunity to win. If the character didn't matter, than why doesn't REO go in a tourney with CSZ and win? Why are so many people picking up Kabal and Lao then? It's like if a pretty good driver in an Aventador and Michael Schumacher in a Prius raced for 1 lap around the Nurburgring. You think Schumacher's experience is going to overcome that fact that he's driving that POS? No.

I don't know what kind of fantasy world people think we live in. If you're an American born into a wealthy family, you will very likely be more successful than a Kazakh who comes from a poor family and works harder than you. If you want to be a professional basketball player, you have a higher chance of making it if you're 6'8'' and pretty good than if you're 5'4'' and excellent. If you're a decent tennis player whose dad is Roger Federer, you have a way higher chance of going pro than someone better than you who has no famous family members. And if you play Kabal and train pretty hard, you're more likely to succeed than a Stryker player who trains extremely hard. It's not just one thing that matters here people...this is just the way life works. Is it right? No. Is it fair? Of course not. But it's the truth.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Both the player and the character matter. That's why so many of the top players choose top 10 characters...because by being one of the best players in the scene and using one of the best characters in the game, it gives them the best opportunity to win. If the character didn't matter, than why doesn't REO go in a tourney with CSZ and win? Why are so many people picking up Kabal and Lao then? It's like if a pretty good driver in an Aventador and Michael Schumacher in a Prius raced for 1 lap around the Nurburgring. You think Schumacher's experience is going to overcome that fact that he's driving that POS? No.

I don't know what kind of fantasy world people think we live in. If you're an American born into a wealthy family, you will very likely be more successful than an Kazakh who comes from a poor family and works harder than you. If you want to be a professional basketball player, you have a higher chance of making it if you're 6'8'' and pretty good than if you're 5'4'' and excellent. If you're a decent player whose dad is Roger Federer, you have a way higher chance of going pro than someone better than you who has no famous family members. And if you play Kabal and train pretty hard, you're more likely to succeed than a Stryker player who trains extremely hard. It's not just one thing that matters here people...this is just the way life works. Is it right? No. Is it fair? Of course not. But it's the truth.
this is flawless...

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.

I don't know what kind of fantasy world people think we live in. If you're an American born into a wealthy family, you will very likely be more successful than a Kazakh who comes from a poor family and works harder than you. If you want to be a professional basketball player, you have a higher chance of making it if you're 6'8'' and pretty good than if you're 5'4'' and excellent. If you're a decent tennis player whose dad is Roger Federer, you have a way higher chance of going pro than someone better than you who has no famous family members. And if you play Kabal and train pretty hard, you're more likely to succeed than a Stryker player who trains extremely hard. It's not just one thing that matters here people...this is just the way life works. Is it right? No. Is it fair? Of course not. But it's the truth.
i guess ill use ermac and lose sometimes because i feel im an underdog who doesn't want to give in to those who are stronger, he represents me. fuck being top tier, im a full-time underdog.
I know their are others who feel as strongly as i do on this issue....
there was once a great martial artist who said "i could go out there and do a lot of fancy moves, but that wouldnt be true to myself, martial arts is honestly expressing ones self."
so to all who go and pick a top tier player just so you can win, do you feel true to yourself? is that really you? if it is go for it... but sometimes there are more important things than winning.

Justice

Noob
There are IN FACT 1-9 and 2-8 mu's in MK9. Its time to STOP with the bullshit of "the worst a mu is in MK9 is 3-7".

The sooner the community admits the truth, the faster the game moves forward and mu charts can become more accurate with less MU Police involvement.
I wan't gonna post this but fuck it....

I'll agree to this if you agree to personally see to it that every person who has ever posted a MU chart is banned from all MK websites for life.

Deal?

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
I think if the tournament rules stated you had to play with the same character throughout the entire competition... MUs would be a more defining element of the game. However, they are still very important and cause you to choose your team wisely. As much as I would love to play CSZ in every match..... there are some High-level Kitanas out there ready to cool me off with some fan-action. I think this community needs to be more accepting that bad MUs exist, but that doesn't mean you have to focus on them. Identify them, accept them, move on. I agree that 80% of the community doesn't properly acknowledge them.... unless of course they lose due to one.... heheheheh.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Kenshi went 25-0 against Jade last night...so yeah there are terrible MUs but there are a lot of variables to take into account before calling MUs 1-9 or 2-8

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Denzell I agree that almost all of Sub's bad mu's are winnable to at least some extent, even the 3-7 ones. The only exception is Kenshi, that mu is near unwinnable.

most of them involve the low tiers vs top tiers. Kabal and Kenshi cause the majority of the 2-8 and 1-9 mu's.
I completely agree that sub vs kenshi is near to mission impossible lmao

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
i guess ill use ermac and lose sometimes because i feel im an underdog who doesn't want to give in to those who are stronger, he represents me. fuck being top tier, im a full-time underdog.
I know their are others who feel as strongly as i do on this issue....
there was once a great martial artist who said "i could go out there and do a lot of fancy moves, but that wouldnt be true to myself, martial arts is honestly expressing ones self."
so to all who go and pick a top tier player just so you can win, do you feel true to yourself? is that really you? if it is go for it... but sometimes there are more important things than winning.
i use sub and he's near the bottom most would say.that's all skill if you use sub and win get top 8. only few subs have done it.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i use sub and he's near the bottom most would say.that's all skill if you use sub and win get top 8. only few subs have done it.
exactly i have more respect for you, tom, zaf, tetra spirit, and slips for just playing a bad matchup as well as you could and losing than i do for people who win tourney's. keep up the work!

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
wait isn't your name tom that match is a 5-5 for sub imo brady?