What's new

Before MK9 can evolve any further, It's time to admit the truth..

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
There are a lot of 8-2s in this game but I think only Kabal/Kenshi have them in their favor. 9-1 is debatable. Probably only a few MUs that are that bad.
Sub vs Kenshi a 9-1?

Death

Noob
8:2 match ups have existed in this game since day one and still exist to this day. Kabal and Kenshi are responsible for the vast majority of them.
Mainly because they beat majority of the cast from every part of the screen.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Not going to say who to avoid causing problems but there was someone who beat someone recently and the person who lost made SOOOOO MANY FUCKING EXECUSES for why they lost to this player. They did not give the player any props or say they got outplayed or anything. Just generic shit and I wanted to say something but id rather just avoid causing issues. Be salty for 5 minutes then say ggs.

Edit: Quoted the wrong post but whatever
lol it's meeee

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Can everyone finally realize 3-7 is a bad MU and 4-6 is unfavorable?

I hate it when people say "X character wins/loses 6-4" and everyone flips out.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Is there really that big of difference between 7-3 and 8-2? They're both really difficult. I see a big difference between 5-5, 6-4, and 7-3, but not 8-2 and 9-1
Well obviously it is matchup dependant, but I see it as 46 you may have to make one more read. 37 you have to take risks but if you are right you will be successful. 8 2 means you can be risky and guess right but your opponent still has to mess up for you to win most of the time

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Well obviously it is matchup dependant, but I see it as 46 you may have to make one more read. 37 you have to take risks but if you are right you will be successful. 8 2 means you can be risky and guess right but your opponent still has to mess up for you to win most of the time
Well I see 7-3, 8-2, and 9-1 all about the same

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Well I see 7-3, 8-2, and 9-1 all about the same
I think once it gets to 82 it doesn't really matter in tournament play. But there is a big difference in 73 to 82 imo. I would play a 37 in tournament but I would switch for a 28, which is why I am playing Sonya now instead of cage

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Kabal vs CSZ: 9-1
Scorpion vs Sheeva 8-2
Kabal vs Kano 9-1
Smoke vs Freddy 8-2
Kenshi vs Jade - 9-1

Just off the top of my head.

Stryker and sheeva have to be bottom 2 definitively! Stryker literally has nothing and probably has severally 9 - 1 to 8 - 2 mu like cage Sonya jax kabal raiden blah blah blah
Iol patch MK :D

UsedForGlue

What? explain
Ask any Sheeva Main, im sure they will explain it better than I can.

All I can say is, Scorpion can turtle her easily, she can't teleport stomp at all, as a simple scorpion teleport into 111 Spear will punish it everytime, and its hard/almost impossible for her to punish a B2 that isn't point blank.

Its a terrible match.

yes, there are times where the mu is so bad that you have to really take some risk, and when it doesnt pan out, ohh.. you played the mu wrong. No, you got out played in a really bad MU. and yes.. even when you lose a really bad mu, it still counts as being outplayed. losing a bad/good mu doesnt mean anyone played anything wrong, it means someone got outplayed.
This is like saying a gunfighter beat a knife fighter because he outplayed him. It had less to do with the skill level of the two fighters and more to do with their weapons/abilities. For the knife fighter to overcome the "bad matchup" he would have to be much more skilled, but even then it would still be a challenge. In general, people don't get outplayed in 9-1 matchups. They get overpowered.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!

All I can say is, Scorpion can turtle her easily, she can't teleport stomp at all, as a simple scorpion teleport into 111 Spear will punish it everytime, and its hard/almost impossible for her to punish a B2 that isn't point blank.

Its a terrible match.
I guess I can see that with the b2 being hard to punish

This is like saying a gunfighter beat a knife fighter because he outplayed him. It had less to do with the skill level of the two fighters and more to do with their weapons/abilities. For the knife fighter to overcome the "bad matchup" he would have to be much more skilled, but even then it would still be a challenge.
while I agree... if you brought the knife into the gunfight knowing it was a gun fight, be a good sport and say you got outplayed.

while I agree... if you brought the knife into the gunfight knowing it was a gun fight, be a good sport and say you got outplayed.
Yea I guess you're right. If a guy is stubborn enough to stick with a shitty character then he should be willing to gracefully lose.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

Its a terrible match.
Interesting I always found that match tough but I thought it might have just been me.

UsedForGlue

I was just being informative, I'm not going to argue about it.
I never said I was, I don't just say things for the sake of it.

When Scorpion does his perfect spaced B2, Sheeva cannot punish it, you have seen Slips do it many times, and Sheeva suffers the same fate.