What's new

Battle Arena Quarter Finals, Voting is LIVE!

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm a movie fan and even I know that, as unpredictable as Joker is, he can't outrun the fastest man alive.
If the Joker does something insane like rig himself to explode or coat his body in Fear Toxin or any number of other insane self-destructive yet fight winning behaviors, he could still "win".

Even if you ignore the fact that ABILITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME, there's still too many variables. Do they know they're fighting in advance? Where are they? Are props allowed? Is anyone else nearby? How much prep time, etc. If Batman can skirt the universe on "he's always prepared" the same case could be made for anyone, especially someone like Joker who doesn't actually care if he dies so long as his goal is achieved.

If the Joker does something insane like rig himself to explode or coat his body in Fear Toxin or any number of other insane self-destructive yet fight winning behaviors, he could still "win".

Even if you ignore the fact that ABILITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME, there's still too many variables. Do they know they're fighting in advance? Where are they? Are props allowed? Is anyone else nearby? How much prep time, etc. If Batman can skirt the universe on "he's always prepared" the same case could be made for anyone, especially someone like Joker who doesn't actually care if he dies so long as his goal is achieved.
I personally hate the excuse "Batman's always prepared". No he isn't. He doesn't carry a piece of kryptonite in that belt on the off-chance Superman comes into Gotham City and snaps someone's neck. Frankly, the first thing Superman would do if he went totally apeshit crazy would be to annihilate Wayne Manor and the Batcave from orbit. Is Batman well prepared for a situation? Usually yes. But not always. Sometimes he gets in bad and has to return to the Batcave to figure out his next step. And even with prep time, what could Batman do against Wonder Woman?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think the main problem with this being an actual "power level" discussion, is that they didn't set any ground rules.

We have things like, "Flash could punch Billy before he changes" and "ONLY IF Aquaman is near water" and "IF Batman/Joker" has prep time. If they just said something like, "These two are going to suddenly break out into a fight (at whatever the respective area is), then who would win," it would clear somethings up.

trufenix

bye felicia
Kevin Smith actually touched on it in the first video, I think, but the reality is that Batman's always prepared shtick really just shits on everyone else in the JL, if not the entire DCU's ability. As if because they have natural super powers they don't plan or even think beyond the punch.

But then, I've been waving the DC should kill Batman flag for a long time.

Oh, I love Batman. But I think people overestimate him as much as they underestimate him. Yes, he's always well prepared, but not to the point of ridiculousness. If he doesn't know exactly who he's up against ahead of time and has weeks or months of prep-time, no way is Batman ready for everything. So no, I don't think that Batman would have this fight.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

Alright everyone you know what time it is. Time for everyone's favorite mustache to give his thoughts on the upcoming Battle Arena Quarter Finals!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh God yes. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss. I couldn't have made this any worse if I tried! I mean we all know he's got the legendary kryptonite insurance against Superman (may God have mercy on the dumb fucker who ends up against him), but what in the hell has he got in that utility belt for someone on par with that level of power who DOESN'T have fatal allergies?

I've waited a long time for this one Bruce. There aint no prep time for this one. She's gonna snap your neck like pencil. Smarmy bastard. Always acting like old GA aint as good as you. Like I aint as SMART as you! Well whose stupid now! You got a fight with a trained military killer with anger problems and the power of the Gods! What you gonna throw a batarang? That bitch can backfist rifle slugs with her bracelets! You gonna throw faster than a gun can shoot a bullet? Yeah I don't think so. What? Gonna gas her? She can FLY numb nuts. Through buildings. If she can fly through buildings she's just gonna go up and through your gas or just plain BLOW IT at you. Only a dumbass would inhale that shit anyways (lol Superwoman in the Injustice League).

Besides which she'll likely just fly through you. She can fight, shes a military strategist from birth, and she has no allergies. You lose Batman!

Seriously? Like...seriously?
The Flash! The guy moves so fast that people stop. He's outran nuclear blasts. He's broken the fabric of reality on a regular basis and ran through space and time. He's so fast that the only way to beat him is to hope he screws himself over.

Oh whats that? The Joker is crazy and likely set a trap? SO WHAT. Flash outruns a nuke he can outrun an explosion even if its motion sensor triggered. Fill the room with smilex gas? Yeah tornado is on deck at all times. Dude is a walking windstorm and honestly I wonder how he can run through his city so fast without creating sonic booms that explode and blow glass out of cars and buildings all the time. For that matter you ever seen the end of The Matrix 2? Neo had nothing on Flash and he moved so fast that the riptide behind him was tossing cars, buildings and bodies through the air like newspapers behind a speeding truck! The Flash is way faster than that so he should be leaving destruction everywhere he goes...I digress though.

Flash would crush Joker. And if you wanna claim The Flash could be tricked because Joker is clever just remember that The Flash is a forensics SCIENTIST. PHD son...he's no idiot. Flash takes this

Yeah Aquaman is toast. That whole hydrokinesis thing has been an off and on power. Sometimes he is written with it sometimes he isnt. Control the water particles? Yeah thats damned powerful, but it wont matter against Green Lantern. Your ass is heading for space buddy. Oh what theres water particles in the sky? Whats that gonna do against a guy who can fly past the gravitational pull of stars likes its no biggie? You gonna tidal wave him to try and push him back to Earth? Saaaaaaaaave me water particles! Slow me down on my way to orbit where I will pop like a zit!

My...my mustache just uncurled at that bracket.

Also which button gives me my Kryptonite arrow?

I've been mashing like a mofo and all I find are electric, fire and ice and I'm not gonna lie Im starting to get a little bit nervous about things guys. Wish I had gotten the whole weakness thing right when I was still feeling all clever rolling up wearing the color Green from head to toe thinking it would have Superman cowering in fear.

Stupid ass catch 22...its not GREEN its just green space rocks.
WHAT THE HELL MAN!

Way to fuck a guy over! I've been dressing like a booger for 30 years in comics thinking I was the one guy who could handle this sort of situation should it come up and you wait till now to correct me!? The hell man. Not cool.

Flash could kill Joker before he even could pull out a weapon, and do you not read/watch anything about Green Lantern, that niggas OP as fuck he has flight advantage and the most powerful weapon in the universe its 8-2 at best for Aquaman
Of course Flash could do that, but would he be ready to kill, or would he just defeat his enemy like Batman does ?
For Aqua/GL I would say that it depends on where the fight is, but Aquaman is way more badass so I'm still for him ! (and I never rode a GL books, only see the movie and watch the JL anime).

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Come on now... There's absolutely no way Aquaman would beat Green Lantern. Remember Green Lantern can spawn anything he thinks of with his ring. So...

Aquaman throws a whale at him. Green Lantern spawns a harpoon. GL wins
Aquaman throws the entire ocean at him. Green Lantern spawns an a rebreather and shield and survives.

Superman takes it easily. What's the chance that Arrow has a kryptonite arrow and could he even hit superman with how fast he is?

Flash takes it easily as well. Before Joker has a chance to think of anything... Flash has already thought of it and knows how to get around it. One punch and Joker's done.

As for WW vs Batman. Wonder Woman would win b/c of her godlike strength, speed, etc. But I'm voting Batman b/c he's my favorite and WW's playstyle is boring to me. Besides Batman has a contingency plan and yada yada for all the JL members. He's beaten her before.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Come on now... There's absolutely no way Aquaman would beat Green Lantern. Remember Green Lantern can spawn anything he thinks of with his ring. So...

Aquaman throws a whale at him. Green Lantern spawns a harpoon. GL wins
Aquaman throws the entire ocean at him. Green Lantern spawns an a rebreather and shield and survives.

Superman takes it easily. What's the chance that Arrow has a kryptonite arrow and could he even hit superman with how fast he is?

Flash takes it easily as well. Before Joker has a chance to think of anything... Flash has already thought of it and knows how to get around it. One punch and Joker's done.

As for WW vs Batman. Wonder Woman would win b/c of her godlike strength, speed, etc. But I'm voting Batman b/c he's my favorite and WW's playstyle is boring to me. Besides Batman has a contingency plan and yada yada for all the JL members. He's beaten her before.
I wouldn't sell Aquaman short ill tell you why
first off he has a magical hand made out of water that can not only heal him but decrease in density
he can also give Green Lantern a seizure seeing as Hal Jordan evolved from a fish
throw in the fact the dude has super strength and durability
not saying Aquaman would win for a fact but its a close fight

Ugh, not again. I've said it before. His contingency plan for Wonder Woman DOES NOT WORK IN THIS KIND OF FIGHT. Why is this so hard to comprehend?