What's new

General/Other Batman v1.06 Patch Notes!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hey, I understand the frustration on the wake-up attack business. I'd love for slide to be safe(r). (Not completely safe, of course). We just have to accept that our character is worse when he's knocked down. It's a weakness, but one I'm actually okay with. I'm not really one that has played many characters with good wake-up attacks to begin with. We can still block/pushblock on wake-up, so that's something.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Experience with using Sub-Zero in MK 9 has helped me with reading my opponents as to if they are going to wait to block a wakeup slide attempt on my part or not.

So basically: non-safe wakeup slide = just another Tuesday for me :p

Rude

Do we feel these changes affect match-ups? Some characters didn't receive any negative changes at all. *Cough* Killer Frost *cough*

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
With the bat trait nerf, Batman will be zoned out for a slightly more amount of time. So any matches against zoners might be just a tad bit trickier.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I play reptile, I have the same no wakeup game pain but Batmans wake up even sucks on hit. It is literally the worst wake up in the game and there are characters in the same game with the same move that are infinitely better. Green Arrow and Killer Frosts slides make ours look like even more of joke than it was originally.

We also have the worst parry in the game as on whiff it recovers in a lifetime while WW, KF and Joker recover in 10 frames or less, meanwhile they all have combo potential to them.

Batman is the new Reptile in terms of wakeups. He looks at subzero and goes man, I wish mine lead to an untechable knockdown for pressure and went full screen and cries when he sees Skarlets.

I just wanted something NEW to sink my teeth into but theres nothing.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Love it. . . AK Reno_Racks come get some!!!
I can't wait to body your nerfed Flash. No more d2 spamming for you sir. Meanwhile Batman's normalizations change virtually nothing and he gets inadvertently buffed by the 1 bar bounce cancel change and the universal b3/f3 buff. You might as well put the controller down when you sit next to me son!!

coolwhip

Noob
I think he'll be fine, and continue to be one of the best in the game. The trait nerfs and B23 nerf are only huge concerns in the Aquaman match-up, where J2 is irrelevant due to Aquaman's uppercut, and Aqua's range (and Batman's lack thereof) means trait and B23 are all he has in this match-up. The problem against Aquaman is that you generally need more than one bat out on screen against him, so in that regard, the trait nerf is annoying (as opposed to other match-ups where you can manage one bat at a time).

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
· Mechanical Bats (Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
(I think this will not affect much to his game)

· Increased recovery time for the Stay Down combo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.
(A new problem against aquaman cause of his trait)

· Straight Grapple can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.
(I don't understand the purpose of this)

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I play Bruce as my secondary. Only two things I'm thinking of after this patch is if the corner combos using F2,3 and 1,2,3 are still viable(or if F2,3, Dash, 1,2,3 is still viable period with the new recovery frames) and if the Bat trait nerf is gonna make that much of a difference. Really not looking forward to the zoning match up being tougher than before

Rude

I play Bruce as my secondary. Only two things I'm thinking of after this patch is if the corner combos using F2,3 and 1,2,3 are still viable(or if F2,3, Dash, 1,2,3 is still viable period with the new recovery frames) and if the Bat trait nerf is gonna make that much of a difference. Really not looking forward to the zoning match up being tougher than before
The recovery frames are only if B23 is blocked or whiffed.