What's new

General/Other Batman v1.06 Patch Notes!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
So NRS finally posted the 'full' notes for the upcoming patch. Batman is getting a few changes:

Batman
· Mechanical Bats (Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
· Increased recovery time for the Stay Down combo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.
· Straight Grapple can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.

Discuss.

ETC Mcfly
FOREVER KING
RapZiLLa54
Rude
AK GamerBlake
DarthArma
xQUANTUMx
Showtime
Reptile Orion
AK Reno_Racks
SOT Semi Evil Ryu

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
The first change: I honestly was expecting this to happen in the last patch, lol. I'm fine with this, though it makes matchup's against zoners a bit tougher.

The second change: I'll have to wait and see just how much recovery they have added here.

The third change: I never even knew that some people couldn't evade or counter this move. lmao

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Trait and b23 nerfs are SERIOUS. His whole game will be different now
We will just have to wait and see just HOW MUCH recovery is added to b23. Trait might turn out to be kinda nice in terms of bat management and keeping a single bat out at all times. We will just have to see.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We will just have to wait and see just HOW MUCH recovery is added to b23. Trait might turn out to be kinda nice in terms of bat management and keeping a single bat out at all times. We will just have to see.

You shouldn't be recklessly throwing out b2, 3 anyway. It could always be escaped with a backdash or jump in-between the second and third hits, and even punished by some supers (looking at you, Superman) or a well-timed armored launcher. As we can still cancel into trait off of just his b2, I don't find the cooldown a big deal.

Trait nerf was justified. We can't deny that it paves the way for excessively overwhelming set-ups. ;)

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Still not Hollywood enough to get tagged in Batman threads yet. Damn. I have no problems with these nerfs.

-An extra 3 seconds isn't going to hurt that much. It just means there will be maybe three or four times in a round, where we can't pull trait out, and this makes bat management easier, since you have more time to pull a bat out, before you accidentally get another one.

-This string is way too fucking safe. I have no problem with the nerf as long as it's not to the point where I can't do anything after doing it.

-This doesn't really mean a whole lot since you probably shouldn't be using grapple for zoning that much.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I'm just glad that they nerfed Black Adam. For the fact that his damage was just too good, as well as the fact that he was giving me a character crisis as to who to main between him and Batman.

I am now the Batman of Indiana now and forever.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Bats will still be strong. He just can't whiff stay down all day. I think the trait could actually work out for him in terms of bat management. One bat continuously out?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

B23 DID make my life easier when trying to get away from Doomsday when he was traited up, though......

I'm going to miss that.

Edit: Wait, I'm an idiot. The B23 nerf was in the event that it was blocked or whiffed.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
You shouldn't be recklessly throwing out b2, 3 anyway. It could always be escaped with a backdash or jump in-between the second and third hits, and even punished by some supers (looking at you, Superman) or a well-timed armored launcher. As we can still cancel into trait off of just his b2, I don't find the cooldown a big deal.

Trait nerf was justified. We can't deny that it paves the way for excessively overwhelming set-ups. ;)
I have no idea what you're talking about ;) b23 should be fine too. It being basically able to cancel into itself on whiff was kinda dumb. It will still control space in certain matchups just fine imo

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I am fine with these nerfs. Honestly our trait is extremely good, not the best in the game like some people claim but still really good. 3 more seconds is fair.

The b23 nerf I will have to wait and see. I'm glad they didn't change the properties on hit so it doesn't change any combos whatsoever, but I'm concerned how much more recovery on block or whiff. I never really abused b23 as much as I should have so it probably won't be that big of a deal to me. Batman players just won't be able to rely on B23 as much.

The third nerf really doesn't mean much. You shouldn't be shooting out random grappling hooks from full screen that often anyways. I guess we will see

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I am fine with these nerfs. Honestly our trait is extremely good, not the best in the game like some people claim but still really good. 3 more seconds is fair.

The b23 nerf I will have to wait and see. I'm glad they didn't change the properties on hit so it doesn't change any combos whatsoever, but I'm concerned how much more recovery on block or whiff. I never really abused b23 as much as I should have so it probably won't be that big of a deal to me. Batman players just won't be able to rely on B23 as much.

The third nerf really doesn't mean much. You shouldn't be shooting out random grappling hooks from full screen that often anyways. I guess we will see
It will be interesting. My main concern with this patch is....WHERE IS MY DAMN 1960's BATMAN SKIN?!

KRYS9984

Noob
KRYS9984 deserves to be tagged in this. His input would be welcome
Thanks for tagging me, I appreciate it. :)

Personally, I feel that Batman is still going to be the same character.

· Mecal Bats (Character Power) regeneration has been increased to 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).

- Not a big deal with proper bat management.

· Increased recovery time for the Stay Down combo (Back + Medium, Hard) when it is blocked or misses.

Once again, not a big deal; after B2,3 is blocked / whiffs we never carelessly dash in for additional pressure (without trait) so the increased recovery frames does not change the game plan. It spaces out quite a bit so adding frames doesn't reduce its effectiveness and cannot be punished by a majority of the cast.

It still combos in the corner on hit so no changes here; I can see it being a problem if B2,3 is blocked and your back in in the corner due to lack of spacing.

· Straight Grapple can now be evaded/parried by projectile-counter special moves.

Never encountered an opponent trying to evade / parry a grapple so this change it minimal.

I think we're going to be fine, no worries.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
These nerfs are fine. My bigger concern? THEY INCREASED THE FLASH'S DAMAGE!!!

Ye gods, people...ye gods....

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Pissed off to be honest. These changes are so minimal that there is virtually nothing new to try to learn or uncover, unless the "additional recovery" is something crazy where you can dash in and full combo him.

Seriously.....Divekick not made an overhead; doesn't address any of the bullshit stance switching (ie 112/b11 stage interaction), no change to d1 / b1(1)s hit box, still no wake up game (how does Green Arrow get to make his slide PLUS by MBing it and not us? WE HAVE NO WAKEUP!), no change to his frame advantage after a throw.

colt