What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Defense is the key against flash, you HAVE to zone that guy and avoid a hard knockdown like the plague. Parry can be a factor in this matchup, make him respect the cape and limit somewhat his offensive options, do not let him abuse Lighting Charge. Also, you can punish MB Lightning Charge with a d2 if you block it crouched.

I fairly believe this is a 5-5, both characters have the tools to counter his opponent's strategies. It's one of my favourite MUs.
You can punish his MB lightning charge by ducking the second hit than stand and punish with 112 or 123. You get way more damage off that than d2 haha. I agree tho, 5-5 for sure

ForeverKing

Can we talk about The Flash match-up? I'm having some difficulties.

Specifically, I feel as though you have to guess a LOT in this match. You will not keep a good Flash out through zoning alone. It just won't happen. If The Flash scores a knockdown on Batman(very likely), he can:

Do a neutral jump normal that can sometimes cross-up into his 5o/50.
Walk up and do his 50/50(Slide can sometimes be stuffed and parry is well...a guess).
Do a f3 that can sometimes cross up.

All of these lead to ridiculous damage, carry toward the corner, and ridiculous set-ups afterwards. When Flash is up close, your fastest strings get beat by his low starter simply because the first hit is a high and Flash's low goes underneath it.

Using trait defensively does mitigate some of this, so there's that.
Basically what Ryumanjisen said. Also some other side notes to remember:

-You can punish lightning charge with B23 or B2~EX grappling hook

-You can punish MB lightning charge by crouching the two hits than immediately stand up and 123 or 112

-You can always punish the flying uppercut with pretty much any normal, I prefer 123

-All his special moves pretty much can be parried. This can be important especially for the sonic pound, if Flash tries to end a block string with sonic pound you can see it on reaction and parry

-His uppercut beats your j2 clean 90% of the time, you can't really jump much at Flash. You should be zoning him anyways not trying to get near him

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Thanks for the tip, @FOREVER KING and @LEGEND. Basically, I've only played against good Flash online so every time I tried to punish the MBLC with something different than a d2 I failed miserably (and even with the 2, the timing is a little strict if you have lag).

123 will be my punish of choice from now. :)

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Thanks for the tip, @FOREVER KING and @LEGEND. Basically, I've only played against good Flash online so every time I tried to punish the MBLC with something different than a d2 I failed miserably (and even with the 2, the timing is a little strict if you have lag).

123 will be my punish of choice from now. :)
I prefer to punish with 112 or 113 and get 40% for 1 bar.

ryumanjisen

Yeah, but 123's range make it harder to whiff and you can get a nice 42% (or %43) for 1 bar.

ForeverKing

Nice, but with 112, you can keep them on the same side as well. Something to note.
I used to like using 112 as my all time BnB, but I realized the 3rd hit whiffs on alot of characters (which can be annoying :confused:) also 113 the 3rd hit can be interrupted. 223 the second hit can be ducked and full comboed. Even b113 can have the second hit whiffing on crouchers. Batman's only full proof string is 123. NEEDZ BUFFS. lmao jk

ryumanjisen

I used to like using 112 as my all time BnB, but I realized the 3rd hit whiffs on alot of characters (which can be annoying :confused:) also 113 the 3rd hit can be interrupted. 223 the second hit can be ducked and full comboed. Even b113 can have the second hit whiffing on crouchers. Batman's only full proof string is 123. NEEDZ BUFFS. lmao jk
This. If you are fighting against small hitbox characters (Catwoman, I'm looking at you) you are going to whiff a lot of your strings. It's annoying as hell.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
This. If you are fighting against small hitbox characters (Catwoman, I'm looking at you) you are going to whiff a lot of your strings. It's annoying as hell.
Should I feel bad about myself? Lol
Ryu you've been missed! So yesterday, i put owalida's batman to sleep. I need to show you the message he sent hahaha He called me a pussy (ironic on so many levels) hahahaha

ryumanjisen

Ah, Owalida... what a funny guy.

I've been busy these days, I need to finish a script by the weekend (again!), but I'll try to get some free time as soon as possible to work on the Catwoman-Batman matchup.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Ah, Owalida... what a funny guy.

I've been busy these days, I need to finish a script by the weekend (again!), but I'll try to get some free time as soon as possible to work on the Catwoman-Batman matchup.
Aweshum. I can help you out with Flash as well. My Flash is not bad

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
I used to like using 112 as my allbe BnB, but I realized the 3rd hit whiffs on alot of characters (which can be annoying :confused:) also 113 the 3rd hit can be interrupted. 223 the second hit can be ducked and full comboed. Even b113 can have the second hit whiffing on crouchers. Batman's only full proof string is 123. NEEDZ BUFFS. lmao jk
113 is the go to punish for me as it keeps his momentum going
123 b2 ex up rang is dope too....
112 b3 cancel j3 j2 123 b23 is my reliable 2 bar 47 with no bats, just in case you need that lil bit Of damage to close the game. also about 113 being poked out of 11 is plus 1 so you can backdash their poke and punish them with bats or you can parry their poke and you dont have to link since youre advantage. Once they start to respect i just convert to b11 strings from 11 on block.

Last edited:

blues686

Black lantern
NW number is good. Batman can zone NW until he gets started in staff/runs out of meter or switches back to escrima. NW can also abuse Batman's weak defensive options and wakeups with staff, and blow up parry attempts for 40% meterless.

It's an interesting MU. We should run it sometime.
I personally think this match up is 6-4 in nw favor. This match up along with aquaman i seem to constantly get out poked or lose in the air to air battle. Especially in staff mode with nw.

Illmatix

@FOREVER KING dude saw your video and got to say im a believer is 123 now it's my go to string in matchups where b11 wiffs, it's so whack that it does that vs zod and gl.....
btw what changes did you make to the chart?

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
And I'm such shit with 123 lol

coolwhip

Noob
123 is actually not 100% full proof in some situations. If you do a max distance J2 into 123, the 1 will occasionally whiff. I only discovered this recently playing against the AI, then tested it a bit. Best way to test this is do any block string into MB batarang then use 123 after the safe jump (don't walk forward before jumping).
Though it's extremely situational and can be avoided with good spacing, so it's still his most reliable string other than maybe B23. Poor Batman, needs buffs. Ok, maybe not.

Anyway, one other good thing about 123 is that the final hit is essentially a hit confirm. Meaning that if the 1 2 are blocked, you can stop before completing the string and get frame advantage (+5 I believe). If the first two hits connect then people should be able to hit confirm the 3 to launch the opponent.

coolwhip

Noob
dude did you see his meterless bnb it's sweet.
123 f2xxCB 123 rb b3 j3 sparks
i really like this cause you get to stay in with out sacrificing damage
Just a quick correction, the ending of the combo is J2 sparks, not J3.

EDIT: This is in fact not correct. It is J3 sparks, per Forever King.

Last edited:

Illmatix

dude ok if i remember corectly you can j3 sparks but i do j2 because it's easier. king NAILED it with j3 sparks and in practice mode i got it once or twice, it looks like j3 sparks can only be done if you get the b3 using 1 bat.

Last edited: