What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Does Coolwhip have advantage against other Batmans in the mirror too? :p
He is a hell of a batman trust me. His pressure game is off the hook and he barely misses any combo. We mentionned you and Arma and how he rips off some of your techs LOL
However, the real deal is this guy ryumanjisen
I absolutely love playing his bats even if it turns out to be a massacre lol
Now to be honest, FOREVER KING i don't think you'd stand a chance against him. Don't get me wrong i love your bats as much as your kung lao lol. I'll post a video soon and send u the link see how he plays

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
He is a hell of a batman trust me. His pressure game is off the hook and he barely misses any combo. We mentionned you and Arma and how he rips off some of your techs LOL
Now to be honest, FOREVER KING i don't think you'd stand a chance against him. Don't get me wrong i love your bats as much as your kung lao lol. I'll post a video soon and send u the link see how he plays
Would you like to wager on that?

GGA Wafflez

the kid
i could see GL beating bats. idk how i feel about his trait being up full screen, oa rockets seem to negate them (trying to counter GL's air fireball w/ bats ends up making bats trading, making them useless), unless he is up close / starts them up in pressure. his wakeup game is ass enough for gl to go ham.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Whoah, hold your horses, Rodrigue. I'm really flattered, but I highly doubt my Bats would body FOREVER KING 's... it would be an interesting match, I'm sure of it.

By the way, I'm curious about the catwoman wakeups. What's the best answer against a wakeup MB Catdash? I have the bad habit of eating one of these every time I try to stuff her wakeups.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Whoah, hold your horses, Rodrigue. I'm really flattered, but I highly doubt my Bats would body FOREVER KING 's... it would be an interesting match, I'm sure of it.

By the way, I'm curious about the catwoman wakeups. What's the best answer against a wakeup MB Catdash? I have the bad habit of eating one of these every time I try to stuff her wakeups.
Why is everybody trying to be so humble and down to earth? LOL
Ryu you can't MB a catdash immediately on wake up. I had some offline sets with coolwhip yesterday. He was just timing a b1 to stuff my catdash wake up. I highly doubt it will work online. The best bet cw has against batman is not waking up at all or wake up with her trait if her opponent is close enough and that's about it.
Wanna have a few rounds in a minute?

WhatTheGrayson

Dick mode:Engaged.
Honestly, Nightwing - Batman is like 5-5 in staff and 4.5-5.5 in Escrima in your favour because we don't really have a get off me move in Escrima o;

ryumanjisen

Why is everybody trying to be so humble and down to earth? LOL
Ryu you can't MB a catdash immediately on wake up. I had some offline sets with coolwhip yesterday. He was just timing a b1 to stuff my catdash wake up. I highly doubt it will work online. The best bet cw has against batman is not waking up at all or wake up with her trait if her opponent is close enough and that's about it.
Wanna have a few rounds in a minute?
Hum...I get it. Yeah, seems like something very tricky to perform online, I'll give it a try in the practice room.

Can't play today, buddy, it's going to be a busy sunday evening for me.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Green Lantern definitely doesn't beat Batman. If it's not 6-4 Batman, I'd agree with 5-5.

If anyone finds Green Lantern's zoning to be a pain, I'm not sure why. His air projectiles are slow and unless you got instant-air Oa Rockets down, when the opponent sees you jump, they will almost always guess that you're about to throw an Oa Rocket and stand-block immediately, or jump back. The straight ones, just duck 'em and dash forward after.

Using an Air Turbine to get in isn't all that great because it's got semi-slow start-up that Batman can react to.

The only remotely good zoning tool I see would have to be the machine gun, but if you get hit during the move, it's negated immediately. Makes it sound like it's not all that great for trading, but I could be wrong.

Green Lantern is better off fighting up-close, but he can't afford to slip into patterns with his b1 mix-ups. Here are the counters Batman has for each of them:

1) If you simply do a naked b1 and it gets blocked, you're at -12 and will eat a six-frame jab leading into one of Batman's launcher strings, which in this case are 1 1 3 and 1 2 3. Batman could also do b1 since it's nine frames.

2) Do b1 3 and Batman can interrupt that with a parry or his Super Move.

3) Do b1 2 and Batman can interrupt with the parry, backdash, Super Move, or he can retaliate with his six-frame jab before the overhead hits, and it's a full combo.

Green Lantern does have his own slew of great mix-up options to compete with Batman's. His f3 overhead is eighteen frames whereas the b1 is nine frames, so as such Batman is forced to guess the mix-up option Lantern will use, because since both moves are under twenty frames it will be incredibly hard to react to either, if it's even possible at all. Although, while the b1 has great range, the f3's is somewhat shitty.

As a Batman player, you yourself can't afford to get braindead with using the parry to interrupt. If Green Lantern baits it, you know what's coming.

Green Lantern also has an excellent d2. I think it's good enough to contend with Batman's jump-2. Even if it trades, Lantern can recover fast enough to connect b1 3 and get his combos started.

These are just my current impressions of the match-up so far. Subject to change.

coolwhip

Noob
Green Lantern definitely doesn't beat Batman. If it's not 6-4 Batman, I'd agree with 5-5.

If anyone finds Green Lantern's zoning to be a pain, I'm not sure why. His air projectiles are slow and unless you got instant-air Oa Rockets down, when the opponent sees you jump, they will almost always guess that you're about to throw an Oa Rocket and stand-block immediately, or jump back. The straight ones, just duck 'em and dash forward after.

Using an Air Turbine to get in isn't all that great because it's got semi-slow start-up that Batman can react to.

The only remotely good zoning tool I see would have to be the machine gun, but if you get hit during the move, it's negated immediately. Makes it sound like it's not all that great for trading, but I could be wrong.

Green Lantern is better off fighting up-close, but he can't afford to slip into patterns with his b1 mix-ups. Here are the counters Batman has for each of them:

1) If you simply do a naked b1 and it gets blocked, you're at -12 and will eat a six-frame jab leading into one of Batman's launcher strings, which in this case are 1 1 3 and 1 2 3. Batman could also do b1 since it's nine frames.

2) Do b1 3 and Batman can interrupt that with a parry or his Super Move.

3) Do b1 2 and Batman can interrupt with the parry, backdash, Super Move, or he can retaliate with his six-frame jab before the overhead hits, and it's a full combo.

Green Lantern does have his own slew of great mix-up options to compete with Batman's. His f3 overhead is eighteen frames whereas the b1 is nine frames, so as such Batman is forced to guess the mix-up option Lantern will use, because since both moves are under twenty frames it will be incredibly hard to react to either, if it's even possible at all. Although, while the b1 has great range, the f3's is somewhat shitty.

As a Batman player, you yourself can't afford to get braindead with using the parry to interrupt. If Green Lantern baits it, you know what's coming.

Green Lantern also has an excellent d2. I think it's good enough to contend with Batman's jump-2. Even if it trades, Lantern can recover fast enough to connect b1 3 and get his combos started.

These are just my current impressions of the match-up so far. Subject to change.
Yeah, the one thing I find irritating with the Batman/GL match-up is GL's stupid OKI game, which really takes advantage of Batman's poor wake-ups. Every combo leads to a guess. I guess this applies to a lot of match-ups if you're GL, but that's what makes GL so good.

Though in fairness, GL has a solid anti-air game so Batman can't get too J2 happy, and the range of B1 is annoying in the footsie game.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yeah, the one thing I find irritating with the Batman/GL match-up is GL's stupid OKI game, which really takes advantage of Batman's poor wake-ups. Every combo leads to a guess. I guess this applies to a lot of match-ups if you're GL, but that's what makes GL so good.

Though in fairness, GL has a solid anti-air game so Batman can't get too J2 happy, and the range of B1 is annoying in the footsie game.
Batman's Wake-Ups suck against everyone. :( Knock him down and have a nice day.

Oh, you managed to hit them with a Wake-Up slide? Guess what: you're so negative on hit that even the Flash can punish you with a Wake-Up Lightning Charge before you get to block! Maaaaaan.

Oh, you got them with a Wake-Up parry? Fine, you dealt 11% damage, but you don't get to capitalize on your knockdown. Enjoy blocking.

Don't get me wrong. Batman's still a very able character that can handle anything, but when I get knocked down, I freak out...and for good reason.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The way myself and Crimson Panther discussed it, it's a spacing game.

If GL can keep you in Lift/B1 string distance, you're going to have a rough time. BUT...if you can get INSIDE that, Batman does far better. It's definitely even, especially when you consider that you could probably simply release trait in his string gaps(I know it can be done for the low/overhead), and you can use trait for wake-up pressure. Bait a lift and get a combo.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Can we talk about The Flash match-up? I'm having some difficulties.

Specifically, I feel as though you have to guess a LOT in this match. You will not keep a good Flash out through zoning alone. It just won't happen. If The Flash scores a knockdown on Batman(very likely), he can:

Do a neutral jump normal that can sometimes cross-up into his 5o/50.
Walk up and do his 50/50(Slide can sometimes be stuffed and parry is well...a guess).
Do a f3 that can sometimes cross up.

All of these lead to ridiculous damage, carry toward the corner, and ridiculous set-ups afterwards. When Flash is up close, your fastest strings get beat by his low starter simply because the first hit is a high and Flash's low goes underneath it.

Using trait defensively does mitigate some of this, so there's that.

ryumanjisen

Defense is the key against flash, you HAVE to zone that guy and avoid a hard knockdown like the plague. Parry can be a factor in this matchup, make him respect the cape and limit somewhat his offensive options, do not let him abuse Lighting Charge. Also, you can punish MB Lightning Charge with a d2 if you block it crouched.

I fairly believe this is a 5-5, both characters have the tools to counter his opponent's strategies. It's one of my favourite MUs.

Lone

KHAOTIC
Edit - Heh, I was multitasking, Ryu beat me to the post. Still, I'll leave this here.

I've played the various Flashes in my clan online, plus @xFriction_Burnx. I primarily zone and use a bit of B23 and F2 to move away or forward, respectively. You'll inevitably end up spending meter to push block his pressure when he gets through your "wall". When I choose to go on the offensive, I utilize B11(stalls, trait cancels/releases, and MB Batarangs when any are possible)to deal with his D1 and hitbox. That and more F2 since it hits mid.

Also keep in mind that they will check you with Lightning Charges from time to time, so punish them accordingly with D2(unless there is something better...no...). Then there's the necessary knowledge of his almost unlimited crossup setups.

It's a tough match in my opinion, but that doesn't mean much. Anyway, that's how I approach the ones I can't auto pilot rush down through. I could be completely off base but I felt like rambling. My performances in this game have been poor thus far.

Maybe it's worth a look to try and find videos of @DarthArma vs @Zyphox, @LEGEND vs Nubcakes, and @AK Reno_Racks vs @AK Harold for different approaches and such to help. Assuming those players have recorded footage against one another.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Edit - Heh, I was multitasking, Ryu beat me to the post. Still, I'll leave this here.

I've played the various Flashes in my clan online, plus @xFriction_Burnx. I primarily zone and use a bit of B23 and F2 to move away or forward, respectively. You'll inevitably end up spending meter to push block his pressure when he gets through your "wall". When I choose to go on the offensive, I utilize B11(stalls, trait cancels/releases, and MB Batarangs when any are possible)to deal with his D1 and hitbox. That and more F2 since it hits mid.

Also keep in mind that they will check you with Lightning Charges from time to time, so punish them accordingly with D2(unless there is something better...no...). Then there's the necessary knowledge of his almost unlimited crossup setups.

It's a tough match in my opinion, but that doesn't mean much. Anyway, that's how I approach the ones I can't auto pilot rush down through. I could be completely off base but I felt like rambling. My performances in this game have been poor thus far.

Maybe it's worth a look to try and find videos of @DarthArma vs @Zyphox, @LEGEND vs Nubcakes, and @AK Reno_Racks vs @AK Harold for different approaches and such to help. Assuming those players have recorded footage against one another.
Damn Orochimaru, i'd love to see you in action!

LEGEND

YES!
Heh, I was multitasking, Ryu beat me to the post. Still, I'll leave this here.

Maybe it's worth a look to try and find videos of @DarthArma vs @Zyphox, @LEGEND vs Nubcakes, and @AK Reno_Racks vs @AK Harold for different approaches and such to help. Assuming those have players have recorded footage against one another.
just a note, i don't think Batman's D2 punishes Lightning Charge when its block from near max range. I've seen it wiff alot. Nubcakes usually hits me with F2-MB Grapple when he blocks one from that distance
-
i have a hard time nailing a number on this MU now that i think about it, its pretty even imo. Flash has a hard time dealing with Batman's trait bats since he HAS to get in to be a threat and they just sit on Bats' shoulder waiting to hit you out of any sudden move (or punish otherwise safe approaches) as well as covering any attemp he might take to zone or parry. But then if you do get in you deal a FUCK TON of damage. Batman also has pretty shite wake-up options vs flash and can't really mount an offense of his own to retake the life lead when he loses it.

Defense is the key against flash, you HAVE to zone that guy and avoid a hard knockdown like the plague. Parry can be a factor in this matchup, make him respect the cape and limit somewhat his offensive options, do not let him abuse Lighting Charge. Also, you can punish MB Lightning Charge with a d2 if you block it crouched.

I fairly believe this is a 5-5, both characters have the tools to counter his opponent's strategies. It's one of my favourite MUs.
i agree with this post im just going to advise you punish with 123 after ducking a MB Lightning charge

coolwhip

Noob
just a note, i don't think Batman's D2 punishes Lightning Charge when its block from near max range. I've seen it wiff alot. Nubcakes usually hits me with F2-MB Grapple when he blocks one from that distance
-
Batman's F2 is his most underused punisher. When he doesn't have his trait out, it's really useful for rangy punishes, since Batman's other normals have very little range. I use it for whiff punishing quite often and occasionally punishing unsafe moves with pushback.

Lone

KHAOTIC
It's Initial_Lone.

And good to know that F2 can be used to reliably punish that special.

@Rodrigue, my Batman is severely lacking so you aren't missing anything, trust me.