What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Well I've been accused of downplaying alot lately, and I've been accused of upplaying at times too. So I'm just gonna give my honest Batman matchup chart, than tag well-known players for each character to see if they agree with me. If everyone from each character community agrees with me, than this will be the official Batman chart from now on.

Aquaman 4-6 Tom Brady Syknis
Bane 5-5 Maxintensity25
Batgirl 5-5 SonicFox5000 AK Reno_Racks
Batman 5-5 (unless it's my Batman vs another one, then it's 7-3 my favor :D lol jk)
Ares 6-4 Mr Aquaman
Cyborg 5-5 Relaxedstate
Black Adam 5-5 AK Smarrgasm
Catwoman 5-5 Krayzie
Deathstroke 6-4 @GGA Slips
Doomsday 5-5 Noobe
Flash 5-5 Zyphox
Green Lanturn 5-5 Rebelo
Green Arrow 6-4
Harley 5-5 AK SaltFace
Hawkgirl 5-5
Joker 6-4 Qwark28
Killer Frost 5-5 Rickyraws
Lex Luthor 5-5 rev0lver
Lobo 5-5 Maxter
Martian ManHunter 5-5 R.E.O. HazeJupiter
Nightwing 5-5 Sajam
Raven 5-5 Blind_Man
Scorp 6-4 Perfect Legend
Shazam 6-4
Sinestro 5-5 WoundCowboy
Soloman Grundy 6-4 RDK|Tyrant
Superman 5-5
WonderWoman 5-5
Zatanna 5-5
Zod 5-5

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I agree with Frost vs Batman being 5-5. It's pretty much been staying like that patch after patch, so I think that's a sign that at it's core, the MU is one where both of our options are still viable and keep each other honest.

Batman 5-5 (unless it's my Batman vs another one, then it's 7-3 my favor :D lol jk)
Well of course, as long as you keep within the realms of dat pressure system, you know this:

As you can see we have Jump 2s coming in from the north. We're hoping it'll die down by sunset en route to Attleboro Mass.
Got some high winds as a result of the Jump 2s, but the main thing is the wind chill around the mid west. Over all we expect the jump 2 to go unchallenged all the way into next week, probably Wednesday is when we'll be seeing some sun. Back to you, Barbara.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I won't question King's numbers, but I do have questions about The Joker match-up.

Specifically, I think Joker excels in the two areas that Batman struggles. Anti-air and oki pressure.

The Joker's jump attacks are very good, possibly some of the best in the game. They seem to beat out j1/j2 fairly often. Once The Joker scores a knock down on Batman, he can begin his ambiguous cross-up shenannigans, teeth set-ups, etc and it feels like it is very difficult for Batman to re-gain momentum once a knock-down happens, especially in the corner.

I'm far from a great Batman though, so I know that some of my problems are just me being bad at the game. I've played Emperor Dark a few times, so I do have an understanding of some of the stuff The Joker can do. The times I've been able to win were from getting a life-lead and laming the rest of the match out.

How does the rest of the Bat-community feel this MU should be played?

ForeverKing

Yeah, Batman Zatanna is 5-5 even though Zatanna has to infinitely put more work into the MU compared to Bats lol
Agreed. Kinda reminds me in MK9 how Kung Lao vs Kenshi was considered a 5-5 matchup, but the Kenshi player had to put in WAY more work to make it 5-5 than Kung Lao did

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I think Bane could actually be a 5-5. I've played this MU a bunch with Max, it could very well lean torward being even because of Bane's oki game.

I just edited my posted because I misread it as Bane advantage.

Rude

Well it is true that he only has 1 bad matchup, but he also has 22 5-5 matchups lol. And he doesn't 7-3 anybody, his best matchup is only 6-4. So it's not like Batman dominates. He just goes even with a shit ton of people
King is right, guys.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I won't question King's numbers, but I do have questions about The Joker match-up.

Specifically, I think Joker excels in the two areas that Batman struggles. Anti-air and oki pressure.

The Joker's jump attacks are very good, possibly some of the best in the game. They seem to beat out j1/j2 fairly often. Once The Joker scores a knock down on Batman, he can begin his ambiguous cross-up shenannigans, teeth set-ups, etc and it feels like it is very difficult for Batman to re-gain momentum once a knock-down happens, especially in the corner.

I'm far from a great Batman though, so I know that some of my problems are just me being bad at the game. I've played Emperor Dark a few times, so I do have an understanding of some of the stuff The Joker can do. The times I've been able to win were from getting a life-lead and laming the rest of the match out.

How does the rest of the Bat-community feel this MU should be played?
Any batman who rushes down Joker unless on a severe loss of the lifelead isn't playing the MU right, the whole strategy with Batman is to chill back and zone Joker out while always having one bat out.

Batman can AA joker with about 2 bats if he waits until jokers jump is almost blocked, with one bat he can do a b23 then release bat mid way so that joker can't gain ground, b2 also has a huge anti air hitbox.

Only time joker can chill back is when he has 30%+ more life than batman and even then he has to be very careful about timing his gunshot delays so that he will trade with batarangs

ForeverKing

I think Bane could actually be a 5-5. I've played this MU a bunch with Max, it could very well lean torward being even because of Batman's zoning.
With Bane's buffs and Batman's nerfs the matchup is definitely closer to even now, but I still feel like Batman has slight advantage. If Max or grr thinks that it is 5-5, we will discuss it and I could possibly change it

Rude

Any batman who rushes down Joker unless on a severe loss of the lifelead isn't playing the MU right, the whole strategy with Batman is to chill back and zone Joker out while always having one bat out.

Batman can AA joker with about 2 bats if he waits until jokers jump is almost blocked, with one bat he can do a b23 then release bat mid way so that joker can't gain ground, b2 also has a huge anti air hitbox.

Only time joker can chill back is when he has 30%+ more life than batman and even then he has to be very careful about timing his gunshot delays so that he will trade with batarangs
B2 is generally my go-to for anti-air, absolutely. Still, Joker's Jump attacks can beat out a LOT of options. On a knockdown, (and I'm not sure if it is j1,j2,or j3) he has a jump attack that is very difficult to spot in terms of whether or not it will cross up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
B2 is generally my go-to for anti-air, absolutely. Still, Joker's Jump attacks can beat out a LOT of options. On a knockdown, (and I'm not sure if it is j1,j2,or j3) he has a jump attack that is very difficult to spot in terms of whether or not it will cross up.
don't try to AA him on purpose, b2 sometimes tends to very wierdly AA but it must still be mentioned due to it being so annoying.

his main crossup attack is j2, depending on the distance and time held it you can tell with time whether it will cross or not, only some situations are super ambiguous. some setups also make the crossup a pure 50/50 depending on timing or attack used.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I think Scorpion could also potentially be a 7-3. Batman has a perfect punish for all of Scorpion's unsafe options, and he gets 40% when Scorpion guesses wrong. Let Scorpion do what he wants and wait for a chance to blow him up.