What's new

Batman Matchup Chart Discussion 2014

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Fine , been a long time since i've played the Batman matchup and i didn't felt is was bad even prepatch , i want to play it more to be sure of it being slightly bad.

I'll take the rust off him and see how it fares.
Definitely pre-patch Deathstroke was a totally different character. I would think that he went 5-5 with Batman. But not this new nerfed Deathstroke lol

Crathen

Death is my business
Definitely pre-patch Deathstroke was a totally different character. I would think that he went 5-5 with Batman. But not this new nerfed Deathstroke lol
I'm talking pre 1.06 when Batman had less recovery time on his trait and DS guns were already nerfed.

ForeverKing

Kings batman vs arrow 10-0 but I'll give ya 6-4 :p agreed on this
Pre-patch was really bad like 7-3 lol but Batman's nerfs mixed with Arrow's buffs made it slightly more managable for him. But yeah I'm like 12-0 vs Arrow in tournament :p

Reactions: 7L

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Noobe thinks it's 5-5. With Doomsday's buffs and Batman's nerfs combined, I think the matchup definitely became alot closer to even. Your EX shoulder charge won't get beat out by batarangs anymore and I don't have nearly as much trait bats as I used to. Also I have bad wakeups so Doomsday fucks me up on knockdown, especially in the corner :confused:
you can wakeup with parry ;p yes ex venom goes through batarangs but he needs meter to do it ;p

idk it may be even on highest lvl possible

ForeverKing

you can wakeup with parry ;p yes ex venom goes through batarangs but he needs meter to do it ;p

idk it may be even on highest lvl possible
Um yeah I've tried wake up parry before than I just eat earthshaker, which for some reason they made unparryable? lmao and why would Doomsday ever use venom without meter :p

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Man I'm just happy you didn't put 3-7 lol. I'm leaning towards 4-6. Aqua is definitely
bats worse mu but with life lead and a knockdown he still has a very good chance

ForeverKing

Man I'm just happy you didn't put 3-7 lol. I'm leaning towards 4-6. Aqua is definitely
bats worse mu but with life lead and a knockdown he still has a very good chance
Yeah I couldn't decide over 3-7 or 4-6, some days I feel it's one and some days I feel it's the other. So I just went in between lol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Really? I HATE that match up, Batman is so hard to get in on, I guess you enjoy playing patient matches?
Yeah, i love patient matches <3 but the thing here is that we just need to get in once and start our game, put him in the corner or perform just one combo, well you can even start by hitting him with a B2 & thake his life lead with okies, crossups all day, his wake ups suxk. But i agree a good Batman player will keep her away pretty well, we just need to be patient af. And if he has a life lead you don't have to worry much, WW has a godlike comeback factor.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Personally, I agree with most of this MU chart. I'd say Batgirl is 6-4 (for the reasons AK_Reno Racks stated) and I fairly believe Lobo is also 6-4 for Bruce: I've fought a couple of really good lobos online and, as long Bats is not at medium distance (MB shotgun range, to be precise), he has the upper hand. And Aquaman is definitively a 3-7...at least for my Batman (I hate that damned King of Atlantis and his damned trait!).

Rodrigue, I'm starting to think the CW MU is definitively a 5-5 after the last patch and the Cat Dash having two hits of armor. I can't effectively zone you as long as you have a bar of meter, and Seline is lethal at close range. And, indeed, backdashing against Catwoman is really risky or pretty much useless most of the time. You must have patience in our matches, usually I get you because you are very agressive and you try to rush me down at every chance.

P.S: I'd like to hear UsedForGlue thoughts about this MU Chart, too.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Couple things from my own meandering experience:

Lobo vs. Batman is definitely even. Why? Well, for one, Lobo has great damage. He wins the damage race every time. For another, once Lobo gets a hard knockdown, Batman has to guess between the overhead, the low, or the grab. Both the low and the overhead can stuff wake-up slide and using parry is guesswork at best. Slide can beat the grab, but if he doesn't do the slide, you'll find yourself knocked right back down again in the same shitty situation. To put it another way, if you factor in Lobo's damage with the fact that a lot of his stuff ends in hard knock downs, you get one of the worst situations in Injustice. Guessing wrong on a knockdown against Lobo means half of your life or more is gone and THEN you're put BACK in the same situation.

Any more experienced Batman players can correct me if I'm wrong.

With Doomsday, its true that he has MB Venom to come in. MB Batarang can beat that out, but the larger point is that you have to spend meter to keep him out and he has to spend meter to come in. I think that's probably part of why its an even match-up.

I could be wrong, though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Oh. Well if your on XBL we can grind it out, maybe you can see the matchup better
You will have to excuse Crathen, who has been brainwashed by KTP's "Deathstroke is top 10" propaganda, and a few ignorant fools of the Deathstroke forum.

ForeverKing

Ok so far I have these matchups confirmed by their character's representatives:

Aquaman
Ares
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Doomsday
Arrow
Harley
Hawkgirl
Joker
Killer Frost
Lex
Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Nightwing
Raven
Scorpion
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Zod

These matchups are still being talked about:

Batgirl
Catwoman
Deathstroke

These characters' representatives didn't even respond yet:

Cyborg Relaxedstate
Flash Zyphox
Lanturn Rebelo Denzell
Grundy RDK|Tyrant Mikemetroid
Shazam EGP Wonder_Chef TKT ZigZag
Sinestro WoundCowboy RIF
Superman EMPEROR_THEO MF SLAYER

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Ok so far I have these matchups confirmed by their character's representatives:

Aquaman
Ares
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Doomsday
Arrow
Harley
Hawkgirl
Joker
Killer Frost
Lex
Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Nightwing
Raven
Scorpion
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Zod

These matchups are still being talked about:

Batgirl
Catwoman
Deathstroke

These characters' representatives didn't even respond yet:

Cyborg Relaxedstate
Flash Zyphox
Lanturn Rebelo Denzell
Grundy RDK|Tyrant Mikemetroid
Shazam EGP Wonder_Chef TKT ZigZag
Sinestro WoundCowboy RIF
Superman EMPEROR_THEO MF SLAYER
I agree. I need to play you more though.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Maybe when the game first came out, not now after grundy's buffs and Batman's nerfs lol. No way
idk man, pixie dust and batman's ass(aka crossup ji2) really messes with grundy. So does bats, good dashing, and I guess just general mobility. I have yet to find a comfortable spot in the Batman matchup.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I agree 5-5.

Although last time we played you beat me. I think it is possible that Cyborg-Batman may potentially be in Cyborgs favor if only slightly. Bats keep the dark knight from fully experiencing Cyborgs zoning , but they don't help him win the MU.
It is not like batman damage is that great. Batman's pressure is good, but once it is over Cyborg can grapple out and zone batman pretty easily. Lack of a good wakeup also kinda screw batman when he get knocked down in the corner.

Cyborg needs to be on point and very careful about which set-ups he chooses though (particularly TA)

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I will always insist to my grave that Superman slightly beats Batman 5.5-4.5 or something if he adheres to the rules of fuzzy-guarding Batman's mixups and pushblocking at appropriate times. He outdamages Batman in just about every aspect of the match and can harass Batman on wakeup just fine. His D2 is decent to use against Batman's J2 even if its no Aquaman D2 and he can bait Batman into teching all kinds of throws with the use of MB3s.

I view it this way. When Aquaman has a life disadvantage on Batman, he cannot resort to spamfucking with FTDs anymore since the chip damage and trade game will be in Batman's favor. Superman, for the most part, can always resort to the laser game to chip Batman down or keep him out no matter how bad his life defecit is (assuming Superman isn't in True Master territory). Does Batman wants to Bat Grapple in between laser loops? Fine, try Bat Grappling between ground lasers on block hoping that I don't meterburn them. Want to jump my lasers on reaction? Fine, give me all that meter to push block you and hope you don't get spanked with a 12-15% straight laser or 17-19% heat vision if I make a read on your jump arcs.

There's more that I can't really think of since I haven't played the matchup in a while. I always felt when I lose to Batman players, I got badly outplayed. However, that number is extremely controversial to some so you don't have to put it if you don't want to. I'm fine with 5-5 I guess.

ForeverKing

I agree 5-5.

Although last time we played you beat me. I think it is possible that Cyborg-Batman may potentially be in Cyborgs favor if only slightly. Bats keep the dark knight from fully experiencing Cyborgs zoning , but they don't help him win the MU.
It is not like batman damage is that great. Batman's pressure is good, but once it is over Cyborg can grapple out and zone batman pretty easily. Lack of a good wakeup also kinda screw batman when he get knocked down in the corner.

Cyborg needs to be on point and very careful about which set-ups he chooses though (particularly TA)
Agreed. I think for Cyborg to make this a 5-5 matchup he needs to be able to be on point with IANB without many mistakes. When you start messing up your zoning Batman gets in easy. But it's hard to zone flawlessly with Cyborg