What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

when you throw the batarangs, if you have a bar of meter you press the right trigger (xbox) or R2 (ps3) and the batarangs will blow up and put batman instantly back to neutral so that you can jump or block instantly
aha, for some reason I thought you meant the trait bats, otherwise you woulda said batarangs. Misunderstanding.

BlastX21

Noob
Flash is my problem matchup. There was some talk about the MU on the last page, but I would appreciate a more comprehensive overview of how to handle him. I know the basics, i.e, bait and duck MB torpedo, parry sonic pound cancels on reaction, zone the hell out of him, etc. But anything else you guys have to contribute is greatly appreciated.

I also have a few specific questions:

What should I go for after a blocked lightning kick (-5)? If memory serves, I don't believe I'm in b1 range.
When should I use grapple (if at all)?
Do I have any options other than block after a connected non-MB lightning kick?

Flash is my problem matchup. There was some talk about the MU on the last page, but I would appreciate a more comprehensive overview of how to handle him. I know the basics, i.e, bait and duck MB torpedo, parry sonic pound cancels on reaction, zone the hell out of him, etc. But anything else you guys have to contribute is greatly appreciated.

I also have a few specific questions:

What should I go for after a blocked lightning kick (-5)? If memory serves, I don't believe I'm in b1 range.
When should I use grapple (if at all)?
Do I have any options other than block after a connected non-MB lightning kick?
Neutral jump blows flash up pretty bad since batman has a fast jump speed. Generally since lightning kick is -5, you can either backdash or jump. You can try and counter poke with standing 1 but if he goes into d1, prepare to eat a 54 percent combo. Grapple....ummmm i only use that complete full screen that way i won't eat a torpedo. But main objective in this MU is to zone, keep throwing bats at him constantly.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey guy's i'm trying to better myself in this matchup Nightwing vs Batman.
So thought i would break it down.But what would you say your main plan is for versing Nightwing?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Block normally when he's in escrima. There is basically no reason to block low. When he is in staff, blow low and react to the overheads. Parry every so often.

BlastX21

Noob
Train yourself to not be hasty after blocking wingdings. He can significantly delay the MB version, so make sure he's on the way down before taking your free dash. Every MB wingdings you block is a victory. Try to jump escrima sparks when possible to prevent him from gaining meter when you block it. Remember that wakeup flip kick is a crossup. As Rude said, block high in escrima. Unfortunently, reacting to staff overheads is easier said than done. Try to find a practice partner and have him waylay at you to master this skill.

Obviously, try to stay out of his footsie range. In the event you get caught in his staff poking game, research his frame data to know when you can jump or backdash out.

Hey guy's i'm trying to better myself in this matchup Nightwing vs Batman.
So thought i would break it down.But what would you say your main plan is for versing Nightwing?
use your trait to punish zoning when when he is in escrima and play footsies and punish or start pressure

when he is in staff, i you are even or better in the life lead, all you need is to get 1 projectile out, you can do this by dodge a staff stomp with a forward dash or jmp and releasing 1 bat or if you are at enough advantage just throw the projectile. you outzone him in staff mode by just spamming projectile because if you trade you do more damage and you can supplement your zoning with a bat or two by spending meter. he outzones you in escrima so you want to only occasionally use projectiles unless your life lead is amazing, then you can turtle and avoid his shit.

Hey guys. How do you all deal with Martian, in particular meter burn orb. I've found that it really shuts down everything I do, especially if I get pushed full screen.

I've been trying to stay in close and utilize the straight grapple resets as much as possible. All it takes, though, is one push, and meter burn orb locks things down.

BlastX21

Noob
Hey guys. How do you all deal with Martian, in particular meter burn orb. I've found that it really shuts down everything I do, especially if I get pushed full screen.

I've been trying to stay in close and utilize the straight grapple resets as much as possible. All it takes, though, is one push, and meter burn orb locks things down.
Probably best to ask @DarthArma on this one. Dude plays Jupiter all the time.

Personally, I don't have problems getting in against Martian. However, I haven't played Jupiter or Reo, and every other MMH is only half as good as those guys, at best, when it comes to zoning. But in theory, there's really nothing you can do when MB orb is on the screen. You just have to camp next to it until it goes away. I guess you could yolo grapple while its on its last few frames (so its gone by the time you're pulling into him), but that seems to be about it.

Oh yeah, and while Arma's here...Jupiter blocks Batman resets so well, I wonder why you don't go for max damage combos more often.

vs martian you have to play patient, his zoning is all about getting you to play impatiently and stalling and chip and meter building, don't get knocked down and you'll be dandy. jsut be super patient. and use bats for footsies. its tough but hes one of the better options vs mmh

Probably best to ask @DarthArma on this one. Dude plays Jupiter all the time.

Personally, I don't have problems getting in against Martian. However, I haven't played Jupiter or Reo, and every other MMH is only half as good as those guys, at best, when it comes to zoning. But in theory, there's really nothing you can do when MB orb is on the screen. You just have to camp next to it until it goes away. I guess you could yolo grapple while its on its last few frames (so its gone by the time you're pulling into him), but that seems to be about it.

Oh yeah, and while Arma's here...Jupiter blocks Batman resets so well, I wonder why you don't go for max damage combos more often.
You have to learn the timing of MB orb and be ready to strike as soon as you can. when MMH is zoning you have to look for and anticipate him miss placing a pillar, or jumping over and releasing a bat when he does pillar. The only risky thing about this is if he decided to meterburn that pillar, you're going to get hit.

There reason I keep going for the reset is because I have a gambling problem. Isn't there a number I can call or something??

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You have to learn the timing of MB orb and be ready to strike as soon as you can. when MMH is zoning you have to look for and anticipate him miss placing a pillar, or jumping over and releasing a bat when he does pillar. The only risky thing about this is if he decided to meterburn that pillar, you're going to get hit.

There reason I keep going for the reset is because I have a gambling problem. Isn't there a number I can call or something??
Then you should drop Batuman for Jokeru, you can gamble with real 50-50 jumps all day.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You need to walk a lot. Don't call trait unless you're really close or it is off of pressure. Her soul crush and other tools make it so that calling trait anywhere else on screen that's not up in her grill is useless.

Only my opinion, but I think it is a losing match-up for Batman.

what am I supposed to do vs raven? can anyone link me to some BM vs Raven tournament footage?

thx
The key to this matchup is getting her to the corner, and in order to do that you have to be REAL PATIENT. No dashing, jumping, batarangs or calling bats unless you have frame advantage, or else you are going to get punished. Use trait bats to keep her honest; Only calling them and having them around should be enough to make her respect you and be more careful with her zoning, which opens you the possibility to walk forward. When she has trait on, pick your spots to call bats and punish her pillars with them; It is not going to be a big damage punish, but you must try to make her waste trait time, so she doesn`t gain as much meter as she could.

If you get close to her, pressure at will; she (along with some other characters, like Green Lantern or Doomsday) CAN NOT AFFORD to spend meter pushblocking you, because she does little damage without spending at least a bar. When you get her to the corner, pressure her and make her stay there ending your combos in B23, which gives a perfect distance to bait any way she has to escape.

I think there is a match between @AK RM Blake and Glass Sword on youtube which shows (even though Blake lost by 25% health in match 5 of a ft3) the aproach you should take on to face her. It is 5 - 5 in my opinion, due to the overwhelming advantage Batman has in the corner, vs the little edge she has everywhere else.

I hope this helps!!!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The key to this matchup is getting her to the corner, and in order to do that you have to be REAL PATIENT. No dashing, jumping, batarangs or calling bats unless you have frame advantage, or else you are going to get punished. Use trait bats to keep her honest; Only calling them and having them around should be enough to make her respect you and be more careful with her zoning, which opens you the possibility to walk forward. When she has trait on, pick your spots to call bats and punish her pillars with them; It is not going to be a big damage punish, but you must try to make her waste trait time, so she doesn`t gain as much meter as she could.

If you get close to her, pressure at will; she (along with some other characters, like Green Lantern or Doomsday) CAN NOT AFFORD to spend meter pushblocking you, because she does little damage without spending at least a bar. When you get her to the corner, pressure her and make her stay there ending your combos in B23, which gives a perfect distance to bait any way she has to escape.

I think there is a match between @AK RM Blake and Glass Sword on youtube which shows (even though Blake lost by 25% health in match 5 of a ft3) the aproach you should take on to face her. It is 5 - 5 in my opinion, due to the overwhelming advantage Batman has in the corner, vs the little edge she has everywhere else.

I hope this helps!!!
Honestly - and please don't accuse me of being a Batman downplayer as I think he can take on anything in the entire game - I think Raven is one of Batman's losing match-ups. I've tried everything in my power to make the match-up manageable and still have extreme difficulty achieving anything. All I can do is make guesses and hope they are right.