What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I resent that comment...I'm sorry some of us actually care about winning.

What does that mean? :confused:
Because you have a habit where every time you are getting bodied by a character, you salt out and start claiming that its an awful MU.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Because you have a habit where every time you are getting bodied by a character, you salt out and start claiming that its an awful MU.
...the only characters I have called bad match-ups are Hawkgirl, Raven, Aquaman, Zod, and Bane. You notice I got bodied by Sinestro lately and still haven't called him a bad match-up, just one I don't understand at the moment.

So what are you talking about?

RM Truth

...the only characters I have called bad match-ups are Hawkgirl, Raven, Aquaman, Zod, and Bane. You notice I got bodied by Sinestro lately and still haven't called him a bad match-up, just one I don't understand at the moment.

So what are you talking about?
You said Hawkgirl was really bad when that match is probably heavily in our favor. You've also complained about GA in the past, and before you say that you don't remember or were kidding, trust me, you did. You also complained about Zatanna during one of your streaming sessions vs Mr. Mileena too.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You said Hawkgirl was really bad when that match is probably heavily in our favor. You've also complained about GA in the past, and before you say that you don't remember or were kidding, trust me, you did. You also complained about Zatanna during one of your streaming sessions vs Mr. Mileena too.
Batman beats Green Arrow 7-3. I have never once said otherwise. You still haven't told me when such a thing was said and why.

Zatanna is pretty damn annoying to fight, too. Just try to deny that. But I haven't touched upon that match-up for a long time now, so I'm not sure what it currently stands at.

And Hawkgirl is not "heavily in our favor," but I have come to see recently that it's either 5-5 or 6-4 our favor. One thing holds true, though: get touched once and good luck staying alive. You play Pimpimjim at GGA, I'm sure you know this.

RM Truth

Batman beats Green Arrow 7-3. I have never once said otherwise. You still haven't told me when such a thing was said and why.

Zatanna is pretty damn annoying to fight, too. Just try to deny that. But I haven't touched upon that match-up for a long time now, so I'm not sure what it currently stands at.

And Hawkgirl is not "heavily in our favor," but I have come to see recently that it's either 5-5 or 6-4 our favor. One thing holds true, though: get touched once and good luck staying alive. You play Pimpimjim at GGA, I'm sure you know this.
It's because I play PPJ, that I think that MU is really good for Batman. A lot of her tools get shut down by Batman.

D

Deleted member 28105

Would any Batmen on PS3 like to play some games in the near future? I main Ollie, and I have always had difficulty with this matchup.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Would any Batmen on PS3 like to play some games in the near future? I main Ollie, and I have always had difficulty with this matchup.
Green Arrow always will have a struggle fighting Batman. At that point, it comes down to you playing off of the player's tendencies if you hope to have a chance.

Batman has superior footsies, zoning, offense...basically, he's better at everything. I mean no disrespect, but I don't see Green Arrow being viable against Batman unless the Batman player is not familiar with the match-up. Green Arrow has to go in to do any offense by dashing, not walking, 'cause he's not winning with arrows whether they're infused with the elements or not. And if he dashes against Batman, he will get punished every time if the Batman's reactions are on point.

@SoundsLikePAUSE
@7L
@Scoot Magee
@HomeLee1121
@FOREVER KING
@Rude

I'll tag these guys to get input from both character sides.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Green Arrow always will have a struggle fighting Batman. At that point, it comes down to you playing off of the player's tendencies if you hope to have a chance.

Batman has superior footsies, zoning, offense...basically, he's better at everything. I mean no disrespect, but I don't see Green Arrow being viable against Batman unless the Batman player is not familiar with the match-up. Green Arrow has to go in to do any offense by dashing, not walking, 'cause he's not winning with arrows whether they're infused with the elements or not. And if he dashes against Batman, he will get punished every time if the Batman's reactions are on point.

@SoundsLikePAUSE
@7L
@Scoot Magee
@HomeLee1121
@FOREVER KING
@Rude

Not to mention if GA gets stuck in a corner he's basically fucked. Only thing he really has going for him is his j3. Batman's pressure is cray cray.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Not to mention if GA gets stuck in a corner he's basically fucked. Only thing he really has going for him is his j3. Batman's pressure is cray cray.
Yeah, but Batman has no need to fight Green Arrow's air-to-air options. He only has to jump when avoiding arrows. And Green Arrow himself can't really jump in due to Batman's trait and his D2.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash

@SoundsLikePAUSE
@7L
@Scoot Magee
@HomeLee1121
@FOREVER KING
@Rude

I feel Batman has a slight advantage against Green Arrow. Arrow doesn't really have a great way to approach Batman when he has a bat out for the most part which makes the start of rounds hard. Too much respect will cause chip/meter building but not enough can lead to like 40% damage.

I think it's really important to manage meter well in this match up because push block and MB slide are needed imo. Push block to end pressure/remove bats and MB slide to push to the corner. Arrow does have a strong corner game and does good damage. Also Arrow can really capitalize on knockdowns because Batman doesn't have a good wake up game.

It can be really hard to fight batman from far away depending on the stage, momentum and meter. If you do gain momentum it can be hard for batman to get a batarang on screen. I think it's all about stopping him from getting that first batarang on screen but I wouldn't really take that approach without a life lead.

I think at worst it's a 6-4 in favor of Batman.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I feel Batman has a slight advantage against Green Arrow. Arrow doesn't really have a great way to approach Batman when he has a bat out for the most part which makes the start of rounds hard. Too much respect will cause chip/meter building but not enough can lead to like 40% damage.

I think it's really important to manage meter well in this match up because push block and MB slide are needed imo. Push block to end pressure/remove bats and MB slide to push to the corner. Arrow does have a strong corner game and does good damage. Also Arrow can really capitalize on knockdowns because Batman doesn't have a good wake up game.

It can be really hard to fight batman from far away depending on the stage, momentum and meter. If you do gain momentum it can be hard for batman to get a batarang on screen. I think it's all about stopping him from getting that first batarang on screen but I wouldn't really take that approach without a life lead.

I think at worst it's a 6-4 in favor of Batman.
It depends on how the person plays GA. Batman putting someone in the corner is much more deadly than GA putting someone in the corner. He is way reliant on getting that ice arrow loaded after each combo, and if you're caught slipping it can be disrespected. A zoning GA is more of a threat to me than a GA that's in my face. Just for the simple fact Batman has crazy 50/50 strings, and some of his combos even with only 1 MB can do 40%+. Batman doesn't really have the tools to out zone GA. Especially since both straight batarang and straight grapple can be punishable if GA is anywhere near him.

It's not a blow-out on either side by any means, I think it just depends on how well you know the MU.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Batman doesn't really have the tools to out zone GA.
I partly disagree with this. Even though Green Arrow can recover in time to block Batman's projectile, just the fact that the chip damage outstrips the 1% that Green Arrow's gets on hit pretty much means that the projectile advantage goes to Batman. That only changes in the case that Green Arrow loads an ice arrow, in which case I DON'T want to trade at certain ranges or I'll get combo'ed. Same with fire arrows.

If I see I'm about to lose a trade and I have at least one bar, I can always MB the Batarang to return to a neutral state and block the opposing projectile.

And Green Arrow's damage output with his combos doesn't come close to matching Batman's, or anyone's in general.

Scoot Magee

It depends on how the person plays GA. Batman putting someone in the corner is much more deadly than GA putting someone in the corner. He is way reliant on getting that ice arrow loaded after each combo, and if you're caught slipping it can be disrespected. A zoning GA is more of a threat to me than a GA that's in my face. Just for the simple fact Batman has crazy 50/50 strings, and some of his combos even with only 1 MB can do 40%+. Batman doesn't really have the tools to out zone GA. Especially since both straight batarang and straight grapple can be punishable if GA is anywhere near him.

It's not a blow-out on either side by any means, I think it just depends on how well you know the MU.
I play against batman more than any other character. I have never been able to punish batarangs on block especially with good bat management. They also do a lot of chip and build good meter. He also doesn't really have any true 50/50's, his best way to open you up is with jumping 2. I wouldn't underestimate GA's corner game either. It's where he actually becomes a force in this game.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I've always felt that in the zoning war GA does better with fire arrows than anything else. What I mean is...say I throw a Batarang and you've thrown your Fire Arrow. The fire arrow causes a knock down on hit. This can sometimes give the GA player time to move in a little more, or load more fire arrows, etc.

However, zoning GA is the way to go. You also need to try and keep the GA player out of the air. His jump attacks are quite good, but Batman's d2 is also good.

Scoot Magee

I really think a well rounded approach is best. Abusing the fact that Batman has no wake up game is key imo. In order to do that you have to press him. The zoning approach can be good if you have the life lead.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've always felt that in the zoning war GA does better with fire arrows than anything else. What I mean is...say I throw a Batarang and you've thrown your Fire Arrow. The fire arrow causes a knock down on hit. This can sometimes give the GA player time to move in a little more, or load more fire arrows, etc.

However, zoning GA is the way to go. You also need to try and keep the GA player out of the air. His jump attacks are quite good, but Batman's d2 is also good.
As I said in my last post, if you have meter and are about to lose a trade, explode that Batarang and crouch-block the fire arrow (or stand-block if Green Arrow jumps before unleashing the arrow).