What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman LIVING Match-Up Discussion (UPDATED)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
usedcarsalesmang
That's like saying blocking low and hitting d1 vs Batman's 113 isn't safe...1 frame startup for anything that's not jump in or low is good. And you mean to tell me backdash f23~Super Breath?? what?

Jeffreys
That's what it says lol

I'm really glad you made this thread, I never even bother looking through the 20 pages on the other one.

Keep it up! and please keep updating first post as info comes in.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I'm really glad you made this thread, I never even bother looking through the 20 pages on the other one.

Keep it up! and please keep updating first post as info comes in.

Thanks man! I didn't either lmao but I felt like it was only fair to everyone if I did it because most other people are too busy or too lazy

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This is all helpful information, I'll change it a little but I don't want new Batmains to expect MB Venom and never expect a MB Nova (Nova seems to be used more often online) lol thanks bud
Fair enough, i just posted my two cents about the particular MU cause Batman is my secondary (DD is my main). MB Venom is much more dangerous than MB Nova in general imo. Online is another subject though.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Some Hawkgirl's matchup thoughts.

You have to play as if you were playing Green Arrow: zone her. Jump, release trait and grapple as soon as you touch the ground is enough to shut off her flying game (if she come down the grapple will hit her and if she stays in the air the bats will hit). Don't try to rush her unless you create an opening via MB Batarang, her D2 is insanely good and his d1 is even better.

Our best bet is trying to get the life lead as soon as possible and force her to take the initiative.

Though I agree with the numbers considering the turtling, pressure against GL isn't out of the question. The MU then turns to pretty even.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

I need more help on the Harley Quinn matchup. She's hard to fight. Zoning shuts me down. Air shots dodge the bats. Tantrum stance cartwheel is -7on block so its hard to punish. Also sher jump 2 beats my jump 2. Cupcakes stop my jump ins. Shes really good. What tactics can i use. I honestly think this is a 5-7 matchup

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
@RapZiLLa54
@mcpeak
or anyone...

I'm trying to get more creative with my setups using all of Batman's tools and was curious what other Bat mains do. What setups do you guys try to use against the majority of the cast?

I need more help on the Harley Quinn matchup. She's hard to fight. Zoning shuts me down. Air shots dodge the bats. Tantrum stance cartwheel is -7on block so its hard to punish. Also sher jump 2 beats my jump 2. Cupcakes stop my jump ins. Shes really good. What tactics can i use. I honestly think this is a 5-7 matchup

I need to learn how to shut down that wake up option. I think zoning her is a good option as long as you DONT lose your cool. It's gonna be annoying when she happens to fire her gun that very moment you decided to turn on 3 bats and you lose them all. Just wait! hopefully my match vs ramon will give you some guidance. take into consideration that I lost to him in winners by a hair and I felt mind fucked. You can even see it in my first two matches here in losers finals

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
To shut down her Wakeup you can JB2 like you did. it is pretty hard to punish on block. And Zoning her is good if you have an equal or high life lead. i cant match batmans damage unless i dodge almost everything.

Awesome matches guys! Great to see Harley going toe to toe with the Bat. Really impressed with how DarthArma used cross up glides to bait reactions. Definitely going to start implementing that into my game. Keep it up!

To shut down her Wakeup you can JB2 like you did. it is pretty hard to punish on block. And Zoning her is good if you have an equal or high life lead. i cant match batmans damage unless i dodge almost everything.
Why are you roaming batmans forum?

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Is that where i am!? OH and another thing. If you can get a knockdown and on wake up do a JI2 that will cross up, it will beat and wakeup option harley has. Also one of my best friends plays Batman but isnt on the forums.

I need to learn how to shut down that wake up option. I think zoning her is a good option as long as you DONT lose your cool. It's gonna be annoying when she happens to fire her gun that very moment you decided to turn on 3 bats and you lose them all. Just wait! hopefully my match vs ramon will give you some guidance. take into consideration that I lost to him in winners by a hair and I felt mind fucked. You can even see it in my first two matches here in losers finals

Yeah that was a great match. I enjoy your batman. Ive been punishing harleys tantrum stance cartwheel with 123 into combo. But her friggin jump 2 just takes me out into full combo. Its really annoying

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Any advice on fighting Hawk Girl? The problem isn't flight exactly. It's what she's up close. A lot of her strings leave her at advantage and her reach is WAY better than ours. And yes, I know we have bats. Bats do help, but I need more than that.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Some Hawkgirl's matchup thoughts.

You have to play as if you were playing Green Arrow: zone her. Jump, release trait and grapple as soon as you touch the ground is enough to shut off her flying game (if she come down the grapple will hit her and if she stays in the air the bats will hit). Don't try to rush her unless you create an opening via MB Batarang, her D2 is insanely good and his d1 is even better.

Our best bet is trying to get the life lead as soon as possible and force her to take the initiative.

Quoting myself. It's not pretty, but I think is neccesary here.

Just thought I would put up this video to show a great example of the Batman Vs aquaman matchup. Please watch and feel free to critique. And pay very close attention to how I win the first match, despite what rico said about aquamans wake up, he did wake up correctly, i just delayed the hit. watch and see for yourself

Also subscribe to youtube.com/jaxelrod He works very hard to stream 8 on the break everyweek, nad does a fantastic job of uploading matches RIGHT AWAY

Also here is Me vs Rico suave

I did alot of correct things, but I also made mistakes. Rico is without any doubt in my mind the BEST black adam player I have ever faced.

B Pryme

Noob
Just thought I would put up this video to show a great example of the Batman Vs aquaman matchup. Please watch and feel free to critique. And pay very close attention to how I win the first match, despite what rico said about aquamans wake up, he did wake up correctly, i just delayed the hit. watch and see for yourself

Also subscribe to youtube.com/jaxelrod He works very hard to stream 8 on the break everyweek, nad does a fantastic job of uploading matches RIGHT AWAY
Arma you played amazing last night, I love all the different resets that you go for with batman, it's insane, keep up the good shit man. Other batman players need to learn from the blueprint you're creating.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Also here is Me vs Rico suave

I did alot of correct things, but I also made mistakes. Rico is without any doubt in my mind the BEST black adam player I have ever faced.

What do you think the MU is? I think its pretty even. You did body me the other night though and i wanna play more to prove that im not as free as i looked. I will say Rico is better though.

Why werent you doing a lot of the stuff you did against me on rico? The first few matches looked similar to me vs you but then rico i guess adjusted. I need to find better ways to not get opened up early and a good way to really close it out late vs batman cause my trait isnt enough against him near the end.

What do you think the MU is? I think its pretty even. You did body me the other night though and i wanna play more to prove that im not as free as i looked. I will say Rico is better though.

Why werent you doing a lot of the stuff you did against me on rico? The first few matches looked similar to me vs you but then rico i guess adjusted. I need to find better ways to not get opened up early and a good way to really close it out late vs batman cause my trait isnt enough against him near the end.
what did I do to you that you didnt see me doing to rico?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
what did I do to you that you didnt see me doing to rico?
He was jumping in with b2 like i was and you didnt parry or interrupt like you did to me. Also, you werent mixing him up like you did me but part of that could be him being able to react better to stuff since it was offline. He also did d1 lightning which against me you interrupted every time.

I will say it was a lot harder to get around his full screen game than mine and he doesnt use cage as much as me making it really hard to know when he will or even try to bait it and punish. Lets play again soon. I wanna work on it more and im sure you want to as well since your area is full of Black Adams.

I really really don't like the nightwing match up. I was playing with a nightwing online last night, and I felt the only reason i was winning was because he was pretty bad at blocking.

A strategy I was using alot was having one bat ready, getting close for him to do a jump back air projectile thingy, and releasing the bat right before the arch of his jump. This bat would hit him, usually after he spent his meter for the meter burn and I would get to get on him on wake up.

However staff stance I found most annoying of all, after he meter burns the ground pound I had no choice but to let him do another one, then even after a regualr ground pound with no MB I still did not have time to block, turn on trait, and block the next ground pound.

Is there something I'm missing here? Also I did not know nor could figure out later in training room how to make him STOP doing the flying kick wakeup move from staff mode.

Any input in regards to this matchup will be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I really really don't like the nightwing match up. I was playing with a nightwing online last night, and I felt the only reason i was winning was because he was pretty bad at blocking.

A strategy I was using alot was having one bat ready, getting close for him to do a jump back air projectile thingy, and releasing the bat right before the arch of his jump. This bat would hit him, usually after he spent his meter for the meter burn and I would get to get on him on wake up.

However staff stance I found most annoying of all, after he meter burns the ground pound I had no choice but to let him do another one, then even after a regualr ground pound with no MB I still did not have time to block, turn on trait, and block the next ground pound.

Is there something I'm missing here? Also I did not know nor could figure out later in training room how to make him STOP doing the flying kick wakeup move from staff mode.

Any input in regards to this matchup will be greatly appreciated!!! :D
Regarding the Flying Kick, you can do one of two things.

1.) On a read, you can duck and punish since it's a high.
2.) You can block it and pressure him because it's -3.

Yes, MB Ground blast to another ground blast is a frame trap. Regular ground blasts repeated are not. If he keeps mashing ground blast, block one, then dash forward. The next ground blast will whiff and you can call in trait.

General tips to deal with staff:
NW cannot jump over Batarangs at all. He must switch to escrima to jump them.
Parry is pretty good in this MU, it will interrupt all of his pressure, but use it on a read.
Do not jump at NW while he's in staff, J2 has a retarded hitbox and will nail you. Escrima d2 isn't that good, j2 away haha.
Besides that, just look at his frame data and see what you can do after everything. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Regarding the Flying Kick, you can do one of two things.

1.) On a read, you can duck and punish since it's a high.
2.) You can block it and pressure him because it's -3.

Yes, MB Ground blast to another ground blast is a frame trap. Regular ground blasts repeated are not. If he keeps mashing ground blast, block one, then dash forward. The next ground blast will whiff and you can call in trait.

General tips to deal with staff:
NW cannot jump over Batarangs at all. He must switch to escrima to jump them.
Parry is pretty good in this MU, it will interrupt all of his pressure, but use it on a read.
Do not jump at NW while he's in staff, J2 has a retarded hitbox and will nail you. Escrima d2 isn't that good, j2 away haha.
Besides that, just look at his frame data and see what you can do after everything. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

I don't believe you can duck and punish flying dick kick. I was trying for a while and trying many different things. he recovers on whiff really really fast.

Thanks for the other tips!!