What's new

Batman FINAL Matchup Chart

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Not that I was ever that good or that into Injustice, but I still think Supes loses 4-6. Frankly, "random" grapple too stronk against Supes zoning, J2 is a still a bitch to consistently anti-air, and trait bats shut down stuff that pretty much no other character can, like f2~trait setups or "safe" flying punches. On top of it, he has better, safer pressure and more advantageous plus frame opportunities.
Random grappling hook actually being a talking point in matchup numbers :p If a Batman players hits you with a random grappling from full screen they made a GODLIKE read, that is extremely easy to punish if it whiffs.

Seriously tho, Superman does fine in the matchup. Bats shut your lasers in footsies distance, not full screen. Full screen you shoot lasers like a mad man just fine. You should only be shooting lasers from full screen anyways, once Batman closes in and gets to that distance where trait bats can punish lasers, that's where you stop doing lasers and start playing footsies with F2 and watching out for Batman's J2. I can anti air Batman's J2 pretty decent with Supe's D2 The better pressure is debatable, they're better for different situations.

ForeverKing

The problem with the defense thing is that Batman's defense is better than sinestro's. He outlames him. Sinestro has to play this match by alternating hanging back with rushing him down. Also, batman cares about sinestro's trait much less than other characters do. Sinestro's basic guessing games with trait can all be blown up by batman's bats, at no risk to himself. Let's also not forget that batman gets his trait for free.
Ok, so what is Batman's gameplan if Sinestro has trait and keeps walking backwards?

Batman can't trade zoning because Sinestro's fear blasts are faster

Random grappling hook actually being a talking point in matchup numbers :p If a Batman players hits you with a random grappling from full screen they made a GODLIKE read, that is extremely easy to punish if it whiffs.

Seriously tho, Superman does fine in the matchup. Bats shut your lasers in footsies distance, not full screen. Full screen you shoot lasers like a mad man just fine. You should only be shooting lasers from full screen anyways, once Batman closes in and gets to that distance where trait bats can punish lasers, that's where you stop doing lasers and start playing footsies with F2 and watching out for Batman's J2. I can anti air Batman's J2 pretty decent with Supe's D2 The better pressure is debatable, they're better for different situations.
I hate to be that guy, but grapple should definitely be a talking point because A) it leads to full combo/mixup and B) it DOESNT need to be a godlike read. If your timing is on point and unless you blocked a straight laser or MB ground laser, there's no zoning pattern that won't be interrupted by grapple, and used outside jump range, Supes has nothing fast enough to punish it on whiff other than Super.

People give too much credit to Supes zoning. Heat Zap can still be stuffed when the beam is halfway across the screen.

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Ok, so what is Batman's gameplan if Sinestro has trait and keeps walking backwards?

Batman can't trade zoning because Sinestro's fear blasts are faster
He actually can trade zoning because although the startup of Fear blast is faster, it takes frames to travel and by the time it get to Batman, his projectiles have come out. He wins all trades. Also, lbsh, fear blast is almost irrelevant against Batman because he can duck them from far away and punish with bats at a very far range.

He actually can trade zoning because although the startup of Fear blast is faster, it takes frames to travel and by the time it get to Batman, his projectiles have come out. He wins all trades. Also, lbsh, fear blast is almost irrelevant against Batman because he can duck them from far away and punish with bats at a very far range.
So how does he deal with trait charge and cancels?? Can't you get him to waste bats?? Trading is only worth it with a significant lifeless but when dined too gets s lifeless / trait he's extremely hard to comeback on himself

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
So how does he deal with trait charge and cancels?? Can't you get him to waste bats?? Trading is only worth it with a significant lifeless but when dined too gets s lifeless / trait he's extremely hard to comeback on himself
He doesn't care much about either tbh. He can release bats at no risk to himself and Sinestro is forced to stop charging and block. Even when Sinestro has trait, Batman can opt out of all of Sinestro's guessing games with bats (which he almost always has).

ForeverKing

I hate to be that guy, but grapple should definitely be a talking point because A) it leads to full combo/mixup and B) it DOESNT need to be a godlike read. If your timing is on point and unless you blocked a straight laser or MB ground laser, there's no zoning pattern that won't be interrupted by grapple, and used outside jump range, Supes has nothing fast enough to punish it on whiff other than Super.

People give too much credit to Supes zoning. Heat Zap can still be stuffed when the beam is halfway across the screen.
You can punished a whiffed grapple hook from full screen with jump laser lol. Hitting Batman with a laser makes Batman loses his trait bats, and MB the laser sends Batman full screen and does 15%? Something like that

ForeverKing

And it doesn't take frames for Batman's batarangs to travel across the screen? I'm pretty sure fear blast travels faster than batarang. It's impossible for them to both throw a batarang and fear blast at the same time and Sinestro gets hit with the batarang while Batman blocks the fear blast.

So Batman doesn't win all trades. If anything he loses the trades, because I lose trait bats when I get hit. I don't want to trade zoning with Sinestro, I want to get in on Sinestro with my trait bats active.

Fear blast against Batman isn't irrelevant in the slightest. Fear blast beats batarangs, fear blasts stop Batman from sitting back and tossing batarangs. Also trait bats can't punish delayed MB fear blasts from full screen, the trait bats will hit you yeah but if I stand up the fear blasts will hit me or I will be forced to block them. Getting hit with trait bats without Batman following up isn't a punish, that's like 1% damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
And it doesn't take frames for Batman's batarangs to travel across the screen? I'm pretty sure fear blast travels faster than batarang. It's impossible for them to both throw a batarang and fear blast at the same time and Sinestro gets hit with the batarang while Batman blocks the fear blast.

So Batman doesn't win all trades. If anything he loses the trades, because I lose trait bats when I get hit. I don't want to trade zoning with Sinestro, I want to get in on Sinestro with my trait bats active.

Fear blast against Batman isn't irrelevant in the slightest. Fear blast beats batarangs, fear blasts stop Batman from sitting back and tossing batarangs. Also trait bats can't punish delayed MB fear blasts from full screen, the trait bats will hit you yeah but if I stand up the fear blasts will hit me or I will be forced to block them. Getting hit with trait bats without Batman following up isn't a punish, that's like 1% damage.
Can you double-jump over MB fearblasts?

ForeverKing

He doesn't care much about either tbh. He can release bats at no risk to himself and Sinestro is forced to stop charging and block. Even when Sinestro has trait, Batman can opt out of all of Sinestro's guessing games with bats (which he almost always has).
Ok, so you stopped charging trait to block Batman's trait bats.... what exactly does that get Batman? I just wasted my trait to stop you from charging lol

ForeverKing

Can you double-jump over MB fearblasts?
Maybe, it depends on the situation and how far we are away from eachother. He might be able to delay the MB so the 2nd or 3rd fear blast hit me out of the air. Even if I backwards double jump over fear blasts I didn't achieve anything I wanted, I went backwards and that's what Sinestro wants me to do lol. If I double jump forward that's slow as hell I'm gliding through the air for like 5 seconds

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Maybe, it depends on the situation and how far we are away from eachother. He might be able to delay the MB so the 2nd or 3rd fear blast hit me out of the air. Even if I backwards double jump over fear blasts I didn't achieve anything I wanted, I went backwards and that's what Sinestro wants me to do lol. If I double jump forward that's slow as hell I'm gliding through the air for like 5 seconds
Maybe, I just thought like if you had bats and stuff you wouldn't need to trade with fear blast if you can just hover over them.
Idk it was stupid, nvm.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Ok, so you stopped charging trait to block Batman's trait bats.... what exactly does that get Batman? I just wasted my trait to stop you from charging lol
It's not a waste because it stopped Sinestro from charging and forced him to block. At that point you can do whatever you want, such as go in or continue zoning. Again, Batman gets his bats back for free.

Batarangs do more damage than fear blast, so yes, he wins ALL trades. Batman takes one step forward from full screen and all of this sudden, Sinestro literally can't touch him. Bats can punish into a combo from at least mid range, even if the fear blast is meter burned (this happened at SCR).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You know u can block all of batman's pressure then get out after right? @FOREVER KING is right, 5 5 bats v sinestro.
Do you remember when Batman's trait had six seconds of cool down and Sinestro's second hit of b+1,2 was a high attack pre-patch? King tried to convince everyone in the local Cleveland community that match was 5:5 for a long time. LOL. What a fool.

The point is, King may not be right. Everything he says ought out to be analyzed for downplaying.

Yet to be fair, Sinestro should obviously not zone Batman with fear blasts. Playing To Matt made that realization a long time ago. Sinestro needs to play aggressive footsies and set up vortex opportunities. I say if anybody wins, it is definitely Batman.

ForeverKing

Do you remember when Batman's trait had six seconds of cool down and Sinestro's second hit of b+1,2 was a high attack pre-patch? King tried to convince everyone in the local Cleveland community that match was 5:5 for a long time. LOL. What a fool.

The point is, King may not be right. Everything he says ought out to be analyzed for downplaying.

Yet to be fair, Sinestro should obviously not zone Batman with fear blasts. Playing To Matt made that realization a long time ago. Sinestro needs to play aggressive footsies and set up vortex opportunities. I say if anybody wins, it is definitely Batman.
Anything that was pre-patch Sinestro has pushblock into trait into shackles for full combos. I don't think Batman ever beat Sinestro lol. It might have been 5-5 when the game was released, then like 7-3 Sinestro when Batman got nerfed, then back to 5-5 when the hotfix fixed Sinestro's pushblock shenanigans

ForeverKing

It's not a waste because it stopped Sinestro from charging and forced him to block. At that point you can do whatever you want, such as go in or continue zoning.
What do you mean I can do whatever I want? Without trait bats, Batman loses the zoning trades GUARANTEED. Without the trait bats, if Batman rushes Sinestro down he most likely going to get D2'd eventually or Sinestro is just going to block, there's nothing to be scared of with Batman in your face ESPECIALLY if he doesn't have trait

sooo, you're going to ignore all of the MU-specific breakdown stuff that i posted and declare a MU number? Okay.....
Actually i read everything both of you guys said...... yeah nice way to assume lmao. Also after your batman vs GL slop talk, i don't even know if I can trust your MU words now haha. But you made some solid points, however i have thought batman and sinestro was 5 5 for a while now, this is no epiphany.