What's new

Batman FINAL Matchup Chart

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
My Harley is garbage.

But here's how the MU goes.
If batman gets close you push block and get him back where you want him. If harley lands a blocked jump in do 112. J2 112 and repeat is kind of like a semi infinite. he has to perfectly time his back dash. Or he can push block and now you're at push block range where she likes. She can take advantage of his wake ups with a meaty play doctorand get an extra 18%. She can also zone him out and make it troublesome for him to get close
ya but why cant harley players get a life bar off my batman. i must be the best or something.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
So MKX is coming out soon, and idk if Injustice is going to die or not but it's definitely not going to have as much competition in the future as it has the past year. So without further ado, this is Batman's FINAL matchup chart before MKX is released:

3 - 7 vs. Aquaman
6 - 4 vs. Ares
5 - 5 vs. Bane
5 - 5 vs. Batgirl
5 - 5 vs. Batman
5 - 5 vs. Black Adam
5 - 5 vs. Catwoman
6 - 4 vs. Cyborg
5 - 5 vs. Deathstroke
6 - 4 vs. Doomsday
4 - 6 vs. Flash
6 - 4 vs. Green Arrow
4 - 6 vs. Green Lantern
4 - 6 vs. Harley Quinn
5 - 5 vs. Hawkgirl
6 - 4 vs. Joker
5 - 5 vs. Killer Frost
5 - 5 vs. Lex Luthor
5 - 5 vs. Lobo (possible 4-6)
4 - 6 vs. Martian Manhunter (possible 3-7)
5 - 5 vs. Nightwing
4 - 6 vs. Raven
6 - 4 vs. Scorpion (possible 7-3)
6 - 4 vs. Shazam
5 - 5 vs. Sinestro
6 - 4 vs. Solomon Grundy
5 - 5 vs. Superman
5 - 5 vs. Wonder Woman
5 - 5 vs. Zatanna
4 - 6 vs. Zod

I was going to post my reasonings for each matchup, but instead we can just talk about it in the thread, so discuss!

Also I'm thinking about making a final Batman guide before MKX releases, similar to my Wonder Woman guide I made. So watch out for that ;)
There is almost no chance that the Sinestro MU is 5-5. Batman punishes Sinestro's zoning and footsies hard, which essentially means that anything Sinestro does is extremely risky. The only chance that Sinestro has in the match is to rush down Batman and try to get a hard knockdown or a hit into the vortex. The problem with that is that Batman is one of the best defensive characters in the game. Bats, batarangs, B3 and B23 combine to form one of the strongest keep out arsenals that exitsts in Injustice. If Sinestro gets down on life, he has almost no chance to win because his rushdown game is scrappy and should not be able to get past Batman's defensive options.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
My Harley is garbage.

If batman gets close you push block and get him back where you want him. If harley lands a blocked jump in do 112. J2 112 and repeat is kind of like a semi infinite. he has to perfectly time his back dash. Or he can push block and now you're at push block range where she likes. She can take advantage of his wake ups with a meaty play doctorand get an extra 18%. She can also zone him out and make it troublesome for him to get close
He can forward dash out of it as well.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
My Harley is garbage.

If batman gets close you push block and get him back you you land a blocked jump in do 112. J2 112 and repeat is kind of like and infinite he has to perfectly time his back dash. Or he can push block and now you're at push block range where she likes. She can take advantage of his wake ups with a meaty play doctor. She can also zone him out
ya but why cant harley players get a life bar off my batman. i must be the best or something.
You are DA Bes

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There is almost no chance that the Sinestro MU is 5-5. Batman punishes Sinestro's zoning and footsies hard, which essentially means that anything Sinestro does is extremely risky. The only chance that Sinestro has in the match is to rush down Batman and try to get a hard knockdown or a hit into the vortex. The problem with that is that Batman is one of the best defensive characters in the game. Bats, batarangs, B3 and B23 combine to form one of the strongest keep out arsenals that exitsts in Injustice. If Sinestro gets down on life, he has almost no chance to win because his rushdown game is scrappy and should not be able to get past Batman's defensive options.
sharkeisha nooo

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Some of that's true, but Batman does get zoned out and does get outfootsied guaranteed without bats. Also if Sinestro gets his trait, he's an even better defensive character than Batman. Also Sinestro can take away a whole life bar with a meterless vortex. Batman needs meter to continue his vortex, and opening up Sinestro in the first place just to start the vortex can be a very arduous task. Sinestro has better mixups than Batman.

So it's debatable, it's definitely not guaranteed Batman wins. I could see it being debated Sinestro wins as well. Especially if the Sinestro player's defense is on point and the Batman player can barely get in on Sinestro's footsies/zoning, then when Batman does finally get in the Sinestro knows how to block all of Batman's trait cancel shenanigans. It's a debatable matchup so I feel the best number for it is 5-5.

Last edited:

ForeverKing

You know you're going to make another matchup chart a year from now after you take into account how MKX has affected everything.
Yeah lol we'll see. Possibly if Injustice is still played as a side tournament for a while and more tech and things are discovered a year from now

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
For the Harley-Batman number:

I've disagreed every time it has been stated that Harley wins 6-4 against Batman and that hasn't changed.

The fact that her gunshots have little to no recovery at all do make Harley an annoyance in the zoning department, but we mustn't forget that we have our trait to disrupt that momentum. In this match-up, Harley will always prefer to zone...because up-close, nothing she does is safe. All her cartwheel options, we can punish on block. Harley has no mix-up game with that piss-poor overhead and a low that is decently spaced and not reactable.

The "block infinite" she has against Batman (her 1 1 2 into forward jump if I remember right) has never proven threatening to me as it is very easy to escape. If you see her jump forward, simply forward dash and you're out. Or you can just push-block.

Dash-happy Batmen will obviously find the Harley match-up difficult given how quick her gunshots recover. You'll really have to walk and duck every time you see her flinch as if she is about to fire a gunshot.

I call this match-up 5-5.

For the Bane-Batman number:

You're probably going to look at me like I'm crazy, and I don't blame you, but...Batman might actually win this one 6-4.

Earlier in the game, I used to play Bane in a very different way that was NOT effective and I'd despaired over how "we can't zone him in Venom or play footsies" and all that shit. This was before I'd evolved into the patient Batman player I am now. Not to feel myself up, but I'm like a brick wall to Bane players - they get salty fairly quickly when trying to get in on me. His only means of closing the distance are dashing, jumping, and Venom LV 3 which makes him immune to projectiles, and given that I punish dashing and jumping on a very consistent basis...well, you can imagine the rest.

As for Venom LV 3, THAT'S when you get out of dodge. If you see his Venom raise to maximum power and you already have a projectile on the screen, Meter-Burn it and dash backwards repeatedly. As his Venom overrides your pushblock if he cancels a normal into a special, you really have to pick and choose your spots to pushblock very carefully.

Nothing he cancels into off a d1 or d2 is a true blockstring, so you can escape with backdash or MB B3/F3 (provided he isn't already armored). And Banes make frequent use of both those normals.

And Banes that charge at all...well...they die. Worthless special if I ever saw one.

The talking point that Batman suffers on knockdown does remain, however. I trust I don't have to describe why Bane's knockdown game is one of the best, so it won't surprise me if 5-5 is the more accurate number.

For the Batman-Batgirl number:

King and I have discussed this match-up before, so undoubtedly he will see this opinion coming. While 5-5 is not an unreasonable number, and one I'm willing to agree with, I wouldn't dispute anybody who thinks Batman might also win this one 6-4.

Given that we're talking about Batgirl here, this might raise eyebrows, but hear me out. The safeness of Batgirl's mix-up game between her b1 2 and b2 3 gets cut in half because her latter string (the overhead, in other words) is -7 on block and therefore Batman can punish with either 1 1 3 or 1 2 3. None of Batgirl's cartwheel options are safe against him, either. Sure he still has to guess right, but whereas most characters don't really get anything out of guessing right, Batman gets quite the reward.

Batgirl also can't counter-zone against a Batman who has one bar of meter and/or a trait bat on hand. Any attempts to punish your zoning with her teleport can be shut down by either burning your bar of meter or releasing the bat. As such, she has to work past your zoning just like the majority of the cast, by dashing, jumping, or throwing her own Batarangs.

What Batgirl does excel with is her knockdown game and corner damage, but the point is that against Batman she has to be conservative with her mix-ups and anti-zoning instead of just going HAM.

The rest of the chart, I agree with.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Some of that's true, but Batman does get zoned out and does get outfootsied guaranteed without bats. Also if Sinestro gets his trait, he's an even better defensive character than Batman. Also Sinestro can take away a whole life bar with a meterless vortex. Batman needs meter to continue his vortex, and opening up Sinestro in the first place just to start the vortex can be a very arduous task. Sinestro has better mixups than Batman.

So it's debatable, it's definitely not guaranteed Batman wins. I could see it being debated Sinestro wins as well. Especially if the Sinestro player's defense is on point and the Batman player can barely get in on Sinestro's footsies/zoning, then when Batman does finally get in the Sinestro knows how to block all of Batman's trait cancel shenanigans. It's a debatable matchup so I feel the best number for it is 5-5.
The problem with the defense thing is that Batman's defense is better than sinestro's. He outlames him. Sinestro has to play this match by alternating hanging back with rushing him down. Also, batman cares about sinestro's trait much less than other characters do. Sinestro's basic guessing games with trait can all be blown up by batman's bats, at no risk to himself. Let's also not forget that batman gets his trait for free.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I agree with the Zatanna and Superman numbers.

Zoning from Zatanna is annoying for Bats but his damage output is greater and he can keep her standing. His trait can allow dash ins after teleports which means he can cover behind and in front. But Zatanna's mixup game makes up for the lack of damage since Batman has horrible wakeups. Her trait and MB fire kiss keep him in check too.

Superman and batman have very even zoning; trades galore. Batman's trait is an insanely great anti-air against Supermen who like to constantly air dash. His jump is one of the fastest in the game allowing him to escape Superman's pressure if he doesnt have bats around him. Superman's damage output is what really saves this matchup cause his wakeups are easily punished by Batman's best combo starters. Both characters have godlike forward and back dashes which always leads to someone getting whiff punished as well. Since the neutral game has lots of lasers and batarangs, both of them always have near even meter when clashing.
@FOREVER KING anything to add?

Last edited:
Not that I was ever that good or that into Injustice, but I still think Supes loses 4-6. Frankly, "random" grapple too stronk against Supes zoning, J2 is a still a bitch to consistently anti-air, and trait bats shut down stuff that pretty much no other character can, like f2~trait setups or "safe" flying punches. On top of it, he has better, safer pressure and more advantageous plus frame opportunities.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I agree with this completely except for I feel like Raven could be a 5-5.
Care to explain? Raven's basically the anti-Batman.

Not that I was ever that good or that into Injustice, but I still think Supes loses 4-6. Frankly, "random" grapple too stronk against Supes zoning, J2 is a still a bitch to consistently anti-air, and trait bats shut down stuff that pretty much no other character can, like f2~trait setups or "safe" flying punches. On top of it, he has better, safer pressure and more advantageous plus frame opportunities.
I forgot to comment on the Superman number as well, but yes, I agree that Batman has a noticeable advantage, enough to warrant a 6-4.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
The problem with Harley is that, while other characters (including Bats) have developed both fundamentally and technology-wise, Harley's development has remained relatively stagnant for the past year or so. That is why, while I used to think Harley beat Batman, I no longer find this to be the case.

The main thing Harley had going for her was that she could keep Batman out safely with mid-to-long range zoning (think Dhalsim-style). The problem is that, now that Batman players can successfully navigate her zoning (i.e., they're no longer rushing down idiotically and are forward dashing instead of blocking cupcakes), it becomes painfully apparent how bad Harley's whiff recovery is. Harley is forced to respect trait in neutral and cannot be saved by her mediocre zoning ability, and once Batman gets in, there are only so many times that you can pushblock before you have to start guessing correctly.

I'm surprised that 112 is being touted as a matchup defining string given the enormous gap between 11 and 2, not to mention the string itself randomly unjails leaving Harley full combo punishable.

There's also the problem of Harley's garbage cross up defense; now that Batman's crossup game has been developed it is a serious problem for Harley to get out of pressure/knockdown without throwing out unsafe attacks.

I'd say at the end of the day this matchup will end up being 6-4 Batman, but 5-5 is ok too for now.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

King and I have discussed this match-up before, so undoubtedly he will see this opinion coming. While 5-5 is not an unreasonable number, and one I'm willing to agree with, I wouldn't dispute anybody who thinks Batman might also win this one 6-4.

Given that we're talking about Batgirl here, this might raise eyebrows, but hear me out. The safeness of Batgirl's mix-up game between her b1 2 and b2 3 gets cut in half because her latter string (the overhead, in other words) is -7 on block and therefore Batman can punish with either 1 1 3 or 1 2 3. None of Batgirl's cartwheel options are safe against him, either. Sure he still has to guess right, but whereas most characters don't really get anything out of guessing right, Batman gets quite the reward.

Batgirl also can't counter-zone against a Batman who has one bar of meter and/or a trait bat on hand. Any attempts to punish your zoning with her teleport can be shut down by either burning your bar of meter or releasing the bat. As such, she has to work past your zoning just like the majority of the cast, by dashing, jumping, or throwing her own Batarangs.

What Batgirl does excel with is her knockdown game and corner damage, but the point is that against Batman she has to be conservative with her mix-ups and anti-zoning instead of just going HAM.

ForeverKing

For the Harley-Batman number:

I've disagreed every time it has been stated that Harley wins 6-4 against Batman and that hasn't changed.

The fact that her gunshots have little to no recovery at all do make Harley an annoyance in the zoning department, but we mustn't forget that we have our trait to disrupt that momentum. In this match-up, Harley will always prefer to zone...because up-close, nothing she does is safe. All her cartwheel options, we can punish on block. Harley has no mix-up game with that piss-poor overhead and a low that is decently spaced and not reactable.

The "block infinite" she has against Batman (her 1 1 2 into forward jump if I remember right) has never proven threatening to me as it is very easy to escape. If you see her jump forward, simply forward dash and you're out. Or you can just push-block.

Dash-happy Batmen will obviously find the Harley match-up difficult given how quick her gunshots recover. You'll really have to walk and duck every time you see her flinch as if she is about to fire a gunshot.

I call this match-up 5-5.

For the Bane-Batman number:

You're probably going to look at me like I'm crazy, and I don't blame you, but...Batman might actually win this one 6-4.

Earlier in the game, I used to play Bane in a very different way that was NOT effective and I'd despaired over how "we can't zone him in Venom or play footsies" and all that shit. This was before I'd evolved into the patient Batman player I am now. Not to feel myself up, but I'm like a brick wall to Bane players - they get salty fairly quickly when trying to get in on me. His only means of closing the distance are dashing, jumping, and Venom LV 3 which makes him immune to projectiles, and given that I punish dashing and jumping on a very consistent basis...well, you can imagine the rest.

As for Venom LV 3, THAT'S when you get out of dodge. If you see his Venom raise to maximum power and you already have a projectile on the screen, Meter-Burn it and dash backwards repeatedly. As his Venom overrides your pushblock if he cancels a normal into a special, you really have to pick and choose your spots to pushblock very carefully.

Nothing he cancels into off a d1 or d2 is a true blockstring, so you can escape with backdash or MB B3/F3 (provided he isn't already armored). And Banes make frequent use of both those normals.

And Banes that charge at all...well...they die. Worthless special if I ever saw one.

The talking point that Batman suffers on knockdown does remain, however. I trust I don't have to describe why Bane's knockdown game is one of the best, so it won't surprise me if 5-5 is the more accurate number.

The rest of the chart, I agree with.
I respect your opinion broski, but I guess we must just agree to disagree.

Against Harley she obviously wins the zoning war, Batman is forced to get in on Harley. By the time you finally bypass her zoning, she almost always has a ton of meter for pushblock. Batman does win up close yeah, but just like you said Harley's mixup game is piss-poor.... so is Batman's lol. A Harley player should be able to block Batman's mixups just as easily (or easier) then a Batman player can block a Harley's mixups. Yeah her overhead is slow but alot of Harley players started to do the instant J2 into full combo which is an overhead that's unreactable.

Also I disagree with Harley's block infinite being easy to get out of. It's a guess. The only way to get out of it is by committing to a forward dash, but if you forward dash she could have jumped backwards instead and land a J2 right on top of your head, BAM full combo.

Harley can take advantage of Batman's bad wake-ups as well. She has Play Doctor setups on knockdowns where you HAVE to wake up slide to get out of it, if you do anything besides wake up she grabs you for 17%. And we don't need to bring up the risk reward in you hitting her with slide or your slide getting blocked lmao.