What's new

Video/Tutorial Batgirl - Official Reveal Gameplay Trailer w/ Back Story + New Joker Skin

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Oh, she's way down cause her book sucks. But that doesn't change the fact that she's a top 30 DC character. If this is a popularity contest, she clearly stands head and shoulders above most of the DCU (and most of the Bat Family) but jesus christ would there have been a backlash if she turned up in the default roster.

A lot of people would find it hard pressed to name 30 DC characters regardless, let alone their "top 30". Hell, a lot of people couldn't name a top 20. And I agree, her book is terrible.

This was the only character I was somewhat looking forward to out of the 4 rumored. I would still have rather had Canary, Starfire, or Zatanna over her, but honestly... I'm not impressed. She doesn't look interesting or fun. I don't see the mileena comparisons other than the teleport which is more like Quan's. I'm a Mileena main and Babs doesn't do it for me. Sorry guys, just being honest. I will give her a try when she is released and maybe my opinion will change.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah, polls are never the majority.

Example:

Election 2012: In a poll taken by CNN of Florida voters, the majority said that they had voted for Romney, while the minority voted for Obama.

And we all know what happened there. Polls don't always represent the whole entire population.

People use polls and focus groups and such as their official data all the time though, even if it's a small amount.

trufenix

bye felicia
A lot of people would find it hard pressed to name 30 DC characters regardless, let alone their "top 30". Hell, a lot of people couldn't name a top 20. And I agree, her book is terrible.
I'm pretty confident however many characters you know, Batgirl is on the list.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Riddle me this. Why is she in the game?
Why was Freddy in MK9? Because WB wanted him there. I doubt Batgirl is in the game because NRS had an overwhelming avalanche of requests for her. She has "Bat" in her name, and that's all WB cares about. They know Batman is their cash cow (which he is), but there's countless better choices.

Riddle me this....why the fuck is Scorpion in Injustice? Because we couldn't stand a DC game without an MK character? No. He's in because they think it will sell more units to the scrubs who love mashing out spears online. And Zod? He's promotion for Man of Steel.

To me, Lobo is the only character in this DLC that a lot of people legitimately requested.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
People use polls and focus groups and such as their official data all the time though, even if it's a small amount.
Yeah, but something like this, a character's popularity is better determined by sales, and she sells. Her book may not be the number one comic right now, but DC wise, she's at the top along with the other Bat-fam.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm pretty confident however many characters you know, Batgirl is on the list.

How many I know of DC? Sure, if you said "hey, name 30 DC people right now" I would have Batgirl but then I'd really just be throwing out the names of the heroes and all their side-kicks/villains: Superman, Krypto, Supergirl, Superboy, Superman-Prime, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Zod, Doomsday, Bizzaro....See, ten people and I'm not even done with Superman.

trufenix

bye felicia
Why was Freddy in MK9? Because WB wanted him there. I doubt Batgirl is in the game because NRS had an overwhelming avalanche of requests for her. She has "Bat" in her name, and that's all WB cares about. They know Batman is their cash cow (which he is), but there's countless better choices.

Riddle me this....why the fuck is Scorpion in Injustice? Because we couldn't stand a DC game without an MK character? No. He's in because they think it will sell more units to the scrubs who love mashing out spears online. And Zod? He's promotion for Man of Steel.

To me, Lobo is the only character in this DLC that a lot of people legitimately requested.
So (assuming this WB Character Illuminati exists, which it doesn't), why does WB want her in the game?

Could it be maybe because a lot of their customers are fans? Or is there something more sinister at work here?

cyke_out

Noob
Oh, she's way down cause her book sucks. But that doesn't change the fact that she's a top 30 DC character. If this is a popularity contest, she clearly stands head and shoulders above most of the DCU (and most of the Bat Family) but jesus christ would there have been a backlash if she turned up in the default roster.
I think some whiners forget just how many people only know of DC through media other than comics. Batgirl was in the immensely popular Batman, the animated series, she was in the god-awful Batnman and Robin, she was in the awesome 60's Batman show.

Babs is the Batgirl as far as the mainstream non-comic readers are concerned. DLC is made to sale. and people like to buy things they know about. It's smart business sense, to have a Batgirl and have it be Babara. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Ok, I know that last line doesn't quite fit, but fuck it, the Prince's Bride is the GOAT.

you know what, fuck Babs, I want the dread pirate Roberts for DLC!

trufenix

bye felicia
How many I know of DC? Sure, if you said "hey, name 30 DC people right now" I would have Batgirl but then I'd really just be throwing out the names of the heroes and all their side-kicks/villains: Superman, Krypto, Supergirl, Superboy, Superman-Prime, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Zod, Doomsday, Bizzaro....See, ten people and I'm not even done with Superman.
That was more the "royal" you. I know you (and I, and several others) could rattle off almost a thousand characters.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
But my example was to show that polls aren't always correct.

Technically the poll would be correct, it's just horribly skewed. If they polled a hundred people and 75 said they voted for Romney then their poll is correct that the "majority of people they polled voted for Romney". Florida as a whole may have voted for Obama and the Country as a whole certainly did but their poll is correct in the way it's phrased.

Yeah, but something like this, a character's popularity is better determined by sales, and she sells. Her book may not be the number one comic right now, but DC wise, she's at the top along with the other Bat-fam.

Bat family is all selling because that's what the mainstream knows and if they're starting the whole shebang over (New52) then it's a good time to start reading about the characters you've seen and liked from the cartoons, movies, etc, and it's mainly Batman.

That was more the "royal" you. I know you (and I, and several others) could rattle off almost a thousand characters.

Gotcha, again though most people would just rattle off whoever they can think of and "Batman" is probably the first that comes to mind since he's all over media, DC-wise.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think some whiners forget . . .
As I see it, there's really only two logical defensive positions you can take.

a) Batgirl is a shitty pick because x is bigger than her. This is plainly and inescapably false, the only dc characters who are bigger than Batgirl are in the game already.
b) Batgirl is a shitty pick because she is less original than x. This is hugely subjective, but most likely true. Even if you went with Cain or some wierd Oracle / Batgirl Hybrid, you'd still be hard pressed to find fighting game material that hasn't popped up in another character.

That said, the goal of Injustice isn't to create the most original varied game possible, its to create the most successful game possible. This means satisfying its obligations as a financial vehicle, as a functional video game, and as a love letter to fans. Sadly, of the three, the third criteria is the least important. That's what most whiners forget.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
There's other "casual" characters out there.
lol true guess they think she will sell the most, i still stand by my thought of her being a terrible character choice but shes in the game (and i already bought the season pass) nothing we can do about it now so i just hope shes useful to me

trufenix

bye felicia
lol true guess they think she will sell the most, i still stand by my thought of her being a terrible character choice but shes in the game (and i already bought the season pass) nothing we can do about it now so i just hope shes useful to me
If I can ask, and really, I'm not trolling here. Why did you buy the season pass, then?