What's new

Question Batgirl High Level Play Videos

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
http://www.twitch.tv/underworld_asylum/b/450670825

some batgirl action from the start, me against 12guage in casuals. if you go to 1.35ish its my first tournement bracket against Nick C (Aquaman) horrible match for me! every time i got him in the vortex he traits to get out for free. with low damage too i was getting quite frustrated and ended up losing. i made quite a few mistakes so its not very "high level"

VOR

Noob
the match with sonic fox vs. pl is at the hour mark in this one. Two very high octane players. Sonic Fox is the best batgirl right now, although he does need to be more conservative sometimes. He has other matches on kombatnetwork's and teamspooky's twitch but i'm too lazy to dig them up right now, but they're in there haha.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/461587861

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
the match with sonic fox vs. pl is at the hour mark in this one. Two very high octane players. Sonic Fox is the best batgirl right now, although he does need to be more conservative sometimes. He has other matches on kombatnetwork's and teamspooky's twitch but i'm too lazy to dig them up right now, but they're in there haha.

You know how Sonic Fox likes to press his buttons though. :)

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF

Thanks! I'll check it out when I get outta work. What do you guys think about Reno Racks Batgirl?

Agreed. Sonic Fox is probably the best Bat Girl as of right now.

SonicFox:
1) doesn't have any mixups outside of vortex (literally did B2D3, B2D3 against every opponent)
2) loves to YOLO teleport
3) goes into vortex when optimal combos would end the round/kill ALL the time.

He lucked out a lot, and is a talented player... but if that's the best Batgirl we got, I think we can do a lot better.

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF
SonicFox:
1) doesn't have any mixups outside of vortex (literally did B2D3, B2D3 against every opponent)

He lucked out a lot, and is a talented player... but if that's the best Batgirl we got, I think we can do a lot better.
I'm guilty of sometimes going for the vortex instead of the damage, and the YOLO teleport is something that plagues most Batgirl players lol

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
SonicFox:

I agree with this entire post. He is the best, yes, but he as a player could be ten times better. I think if he had more faith in his execution (practice), his Smoke Bomb would be on a hair trigger and would always catch the opponent. He should extend a successful vortex into minimum 30% damage before going for the vortex again.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
SonicFox:

I saw one of your matches on stream. Just curious, why do you end vortex with 21 instead of 111 (more damage) or b2d3 (more advantage)?

VOR

Noob
SonicFox:

He is the best Batgirl in that he has placed the best at tournaments and has the best overall skills with the character. No, he has not optimized her completely, but he has taken her the furthest at a major. People who play the character should see the things he could improve and the things to learn from.

I saw one of your matches on stream. Just curious, why do you end vortex with 21 instead of 111 (more damage) or b2d3 (more advantage)?

Because of the crossup/non-crossup setup J3 that 100% of players get blown up by.

Why vortex when you have setups that work 100% of the time if they don't know about them.

Speaking of B3D3, I HATE sonicfox's use of that and then he does J2.... you're just asking to get pushblocked for free. Also, J2 only jails to Standing 1, so your opponent can backdash out of that setup as well.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Because of the crossup/non-crossup setup J3 that 100% of players get blown up by.

Why vortex when you have setups that work 100% of the time if they don't know about them.

Speaking of B3D3, I HATE sonicfox's use of that and then he does J2.... you're just asking to get pushblocked for free. Also, J2 only jails to Standing 1, so your opponent can backdash out of that setup as well.

b2d3 ji2 can also crossup/non crossup, right ?

Anyway, I won't blame sonicfox for using what brough him top 8. He has good fondamentals, yes, but there is nothing dirtier than b2d3 spam imo. He also has a good knowledge of the matchups and a very good reading. His YOLO teleport did work most of the time while you did like 4 tp on block against pig.

What is the cross up? Is it a late J3 vs an early J3? I noticed you doing this setup too...

No, it's stance specific. If you are in Opposite stance as them, 21 then late J3 will cross up. If you are in same stance, it will not cross up.

The tricky part about this setup is hit confirming or block confirming it.

If they block it, it jails for a free vortex high/low.

If it hits, you can immediate D2-> Bola, or maybe Do F21->flying bat MB D2 Bola.

b2d3 ji2 can also crossup/non crossup, right ?

Anyway, I won't blame sonicfox for using what brough him top 8. He has good fondamentals, yes, but there is nothing dirtier than b2d3 spam imo. He also has a good knowledge of the matchups.

No, you can simply hold back or forward and it'll always block that correctly. On certain characters, she can't even get over them at all.

Not to mention you can't actually safely follow up J2, b/c it only jails to Standing 1.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
No, it's stance specific. If you are in Opposite stance as them, 21 then late J3 will cross up. If you are in same stance, it will not cross up.

The tricky part about this setup is hit confirming or block confirming it.

If they block it, it jails for a free vortex high/low.

If it hits, you can immediate D2-> Bola, or maybe Do F21->flying bat MB D2 Bola.
Ahh, stance specific... Very tricky!