What's new

Strategy Baraka Kommunity Guide/General Discussion

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
lol, im reckless with blade charges against some characters. cyber sub is one of them,

*only if have 2 bars though
Baraka nullifies dive kick pressure with the blade charge. You can never be reckless as CSZ though, but you probably know that huh?

galindo

Noob
I like to use chop chop into blade charge as an anti-air personally.
I meant mostly after an anti air collision and you win.

But
Also I do not like to use chop chop as standing anti air too much, seeing it first hand get beat out so many times from a simple jump in punch

galindo

Noob
Baraka nullifies dive kick pressure with the blade charge. You can never be reckless as CSZ though, but you probably know that huh?
well im always reckless at first with cyber sub zero, i definitely abuse the dive kick, i dont care if they punish it, im just training them to let me run in with a jump in punch. when im using shang tsung, i anti air so many people with a standing 1, when im using baraka i anti air so many with blade spin,
but i cant do that against cyber sub, because the dive kick beats out those options easily,

thats one of the reasons i temporarily dropped cyber sub after the dash nerf, because it made it much slower to get in, and easier to catch that im not going for the the dive kick, rather the jump in punch

you gotta make them fear the dive kick, or atleast let them think they its coming

GuamoKun

well im always reckless at first with cyber sub zero, i definitely abuse the dive kick, i dont care if they punish it, im just training them to let me run in with a jump in punch. when im using shang tsung, i anti air so many people with a standing 1, when im using baraka i anti air so many with blade spin,
but i cant do that against cyber sub, because the dive kick beats out those options easily,

thats one of the reasons i temporarily dropped cyber sub after the dash nerf, because it made it much slower to get in, and easier to catch that im not going for the the dive kick, rather the jump in punch

you gotta make them fear the dive kick, or atleast let them think they its coming
...are you...telling me how to play as CSZ?! :grr:

...ahaha no but any information is good information.

So, uhm with baraka, does his f4 have the same properties as kabals?

galindo

Noob
...are you...telling me how to play as CSZ?! :grr:

...ahaha no but any information is good information.

So, uhm with baraka, does his f4 have the same properties as kabals?
lol, im just telling you how i play him.

i did talk smack in the czs thread about how often you do resets, but that was only to hype you up more to come down to play.

and baraka, yeah it does, it is not as advantageous though, unless you catch them at a certain height off the groun(or close to them) then it is just as advantageous

GuamoKun

lol, im just telling you how i play him.

i did talk smack in the czs thread about how often you do resets, but that was only to hype you up more to come down to play.

and baraka, yeah it does, it is not as advantageous though, unless you catch them at a certain height off the groun(or close to them) then it is just as advantageous
I see...hmm Baraka is one tricky tarkatan. I've seen acidhand use it to get a throw off of it. Maybe it can be used for mixups?

I like my resets too much though but its part of my bigger plan with CSZ hahaha.
I would go to everything in SoCal if I can get a ride anywhere :(

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
did this really need it own thread????? really?

it easily could of been put in ask baraka/baraka discussion/community guide
it gettin a bit messy with the threads here of late imo,everything doesnt need its own thread

anyways with the air to air to f4,its tricky because if you dont hit them at highest point it will whiff alot
chop is good but now i think its role is on the ground more for eating up advancing attack,as a antiair,a jump in punch now beats chop so use spin all day

i do like the touch of adding the 4 before the blade charge after f4,4 but as said i dont think a new thread was needed for this

galindo

Noob
did this really need it own thread????? really?

it easily could of been put in ask baraka/baraka discussion/community guide
it gettin a bit messy with the threads here of late imo,everything doesnt need its own thread

anyways with the air to air to f4,its tricky because if you dont hit them at highest point it will whiff alot
chop is good but now i think its role is on the ground more for eating up advancing attack,as a antiair,a jump in punch now beats chop so use spin all day

i do like the touch of adding the 4 before the blade charge after f4,4 but as said i dont think a new thread was needed for this
im selfish bro i thought this would receive attention faster :)

and thanks f or the input. the f4 actually has deceptive range, but if youre too far away, you wont have too much advantage. so yeah its still tricky

and thats exactly how i feel about the chop chop

Flagg

Noob
I like to use chop chop into blade charge as an anti-air personally.
Im sure they nerfed chop chop because it isn't as effective as it once was, or that might be my imagination..

Im starting to use his F4 more now for the reset, and something I dont see a lot of Baraka players using is his 2, 1 into slices. 2, 1 covers a Hell of a lot of distance when you're about midscreen.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hey yea hope no one gets mad but im going to merge this with the main baraka gen discussion thread..

trust me people will see and read your post..

EDIT wow umm this forum is a bit much LOL.. umm im watching football right now so im going to leave this be and try and think of what to do later..

keep the discussion going :) any info is good info.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It's funny I never use Baraka's f4...I know I should, but I'm a very bare bones player I guess. I usually end blocked combos like 2 2 1+1 with blades just for safety. I love playing as Baraka...I was on a Sindel kick for awhile, but bitch got old lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
hey yea hope no one gets mad but im going to merge this with the main baraka gen discussion thread..

trust me people will see and read your post..

EDIT wow umm this forum is a bit much LOL.. umm im watching football right now so im going to leave this be and try and think of what to do later..

keep the discussion going :) any info is good info.
We need a mod lol. Thanks for organizing though, we appreciate it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
We need a mod lol. Thanks for organizing though, we appreciate it.
yea i just started.. already removed 8 threads lol

my one issue though right now is with locos match up thread and Konqrrs.. i think im going to remove konqrrs and move the recent posts from that thread into Locos.. so that it could be an actual discussion with loco making changes to the 1st post..

my other issue is, does it really need spoiler tags in it???????? that seems silly and it was kind of annoying me.. [MENTION=3408]LOCO[/MENTION] any chance you could not do those spoiler tags?? or do you baraka players actually like that??

1man3letters

yea i just started.. already removed 8 threads lol

my one issue though right now is with locos match up thread and Konqrrs.. i think im going to remove konqrrs and move the recent posts from that thread into Locos.. so that it could be an actual discussion with loco making changes to the 1st post..

my other issue is, does it really need spoiler tags in it???????? that seems silly and it was kind of annoying me.. [MENTION=3408]LOCO[/MENTION] any chance you could not do those spoiler tags?? or do you baraka players actually like that??
dan thank you so much for organising things round here, love live the cock!! :)

imo i dont really mind the spoilers,just helps pin point the info but see your point that someting a numeral bullet point etc do the same job but i think they keep things neat

1man3letters

I keep hearing d4 on hit grants a free f4. When I do it people just jump out, what gives?
are u dashing after the d4 on hit?
when u say jumped out,u mean jump back or crossover? if there trying to jump out,the f4,4 should catch them

btw like with everything with raka this works even better in the corner because of the reduced pushback

galindo

Noob
I keep hearing d4 on hit grants a free f4. When I do it people just jump out, what gives?
youre just doing it wrong. its easy to mess up, but they should never be able to escape if you do it correctly.

change your timing. they escape from me sometimes as well but i know when i mess it up.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
are u dashing after the d4 on hit?
when u say jumped out,u mean jump back or crossover? if there trying to jump out,the f4,4 should catch them

btw like with everything with raka this works even better in the corner because of the reduced pushback
*smacks forehead* I'll try dashing. I figured free meant I could just mash f4 right after. So basically a d4 hit grants enough adv to dash then f4?

1man3letters

*smacks forehead* I'll try dashing. I figured free meant I could just mash f4 right after. So basically a d4 hit grants enough adv to dash then f4?
well in the corner,sometimes ya dont need to dash up because of the reduced pushback
but yea midscreen,d4(hit),dash up,f4 or f4,4...the 3,b3 string also can be used to catch them with a low/knockdown