What's new

Strategy Baraka Kommunity Guide/General Discussion

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
Good Point: Thats what I do ... After any long combo then F4 for a reset (last time I had a flawless with my Raka on a guy who had zero meter :) .. I made 2 combos of b31 X3 then F4. Then I made F2 into chop chop into Ex Spin. YOU MUST DO THIS ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LOOSING a game to get back into it.

By the way, this one needs strict timing to link: You have to press F4 very early after spinning opponent high in air. (Same thing for chop chop reset into F4 need very good timing). But anyways, good catch bro :)

Try this combo now in open space with Raka:
Jp, b31 dash,b31 dash,b31 dash ,b11 Full Screen Charge (43%) against any character (Previously I could only do against Cyber Subzero due to hitbox problem) .. Now its possible and what is more interesting and more easy now is to do b31,b31,b31 then F4 in mid-screen reset Easy now. Once you do this from any point in mid-screen, you will not only get 43% but also make ur opponent cornered .. So, perfect ending

This is useless but possible against Cyber subzero in Mid-screen :
possible against Cyber Sub Zero due to hitbox Jp,221+2,b31, b31 then 4 Full Screen charge (42%)
Also this is funny: Against Cyber Sub Zero only: B31 X 4 in mid-screen.

galindo

Noob
Good Point: Thats what I do ... After any long combo then F4 for a reset (last time I had a flawless with my Raka on a guy who had zero meter :) .. I made 2 combos of b31 X3 then F4. Then I made F2 into chop chop into Ex Spin. YOU MUST DO THIS ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LOOSING a game to get back into it.

By the way, this one needs strict timing to link: You have to press F4 very early after spinning opponent high in air. (Same thing for chop chop reset into F4 need very good timing). But anyways, good catch bro :)

Try this combo now in open space with Raka:
Jp, b31 dash,b31 dash,b31 dash ,b11 Full Screen Charge (43%) against any character (Previously I could only do against Cyber Subzero due to hitbox problem) .. Now its possible and what is more interesting and more easy now is to do b31,b31,b31 then F4 in mid-screen reset Easy now. Once you do this from any point in mid-screen, you will not only get 43% but also make ur opponent cornered .. So, perfect ending

This is useless but possible against Cyber subzero in Mid-screen :
possible against Cyber Sub Zero due to hitbox Jp,221+2,b31, b31 then 4 Full Screen charge (42%)
Also this is funny: Against Cyber Sub Zero only: B31 X 4 in mid-screen.
I have not tried past 2 b3,1, thanks ill give it a try.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I think its very risky .. Do it if you are offline and confident enough :)
I meant B31 X3 in corner (not mid screen) the mid -screen is harder
I agree it isn't easy, but even online is possible if there isn't too much lag.
I have to say I'm able to do b3,1 three times 2/3 times online, with some training it isn't too hard....but I agree it's risky :p

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
So if you ca n b31 x3 then b11, blade charge can you do it off of 22,1+2, b31?
Hey man: forget Baraka's full combo for these reasons:

1. Risky (if you miss then ur done)
2 . More importantly .. Do reset to F4 in the end (after b31) then follow by (at least throw) for example this one

Jp 22,1+2 then b31, F4 (28%) then follow by throw (11%) that would be 39% very good .. Or you can add more to that by doing either (F2 into chop chop then charge or F2 into safe Slices), Or (B31 again cycle again , or my B32 Slices which is safe), If you do that then you will end up with a much better damage scale of high 49% or low 40s overall

Doing Baraka combo Jp 22,1+2 b31, b11 then ex blade charge 40% is risky and hard besides the fact that enemy can break it if they can while throw after reset is unbreakable.

Always use his mix ups !! ( a mix up of high 40s is much better than a full combo) .. Save ur meter for zoning with Raka

The best way to decide is to look at ur opponent meter and decide whether a full combo is good or not .. Also look at ur enemy health bar if he is close to death, then definately do a full combo ...

Last time I just made Jp221+2 then F24 29% and was enough for me to kill him

Last note: try to do a regular chop chop + charge 19% easy and confirmed (do not try to do d4 then charge) 21%. unless ur offline and confident) .. I saw alot of Baraka players making the mistake of missing that combo. That will let ur enemy to punish u hardly .. So careful

I will try my best to help all Baraka players and hopefully one of them will catch a trophy :)

Watch this game in the third round see what I did (mix ups) ... Skip to third round (1:54) and watch the damage I made to Kano .. Sorry I know my camera sucks

Another mix up I did in a match against Shang Tsung

How is it risky?

22,1+2 is one of his best moves IMO because you can do

22,1+2 -> if hit -> b31, b11, charge
22,1+2 -> if hit -> f4, reset (throw or re-combo)
22,1+2 -> if hit -> d1
22,1+2 -> if hit -> d4
22,1+2 -> if blocked -> d1, jump over or step back
22,1+2 -> if blocked -> d4, charge (makes you safe)
22 -> throw
22 -> cross over

To me this is really godd stuff because your opponent never needs to adapt to say block low on first hits and high on last if its a 22. f2 will catch him but u cant combo, and is risky.

With 22 he has 8 things to keep track of and they all start the same way. When the guessing begins your move is already underway so I doubt most people will react in time.

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
How is it risky?

22,1+2 is one of his best moves IMO because you can do

22,1+2 -> if hit -> b31, b11, charge
22,1+2 -> if hit -> f4, reset (throw or re-combo)
22,1+2 -> if hit -> d1
22,1+2 -> if hit -> d4
22,1+2 -> if blocked -> d1, jump over or step back
22,1+2 -> if blocked -> d4, charge (makes you safe)
22 -> throw
22 -> cross over

To me this is really godd stuff because your opponent never needs to adapt to say block low on first hits and high on last if its a 22. f2 will catch him but u cant combo, and is risky.

With 22 he has 8 things to keep track of and they all start the same way. When the guessing begins your move is already underway so I doubt most people will react in time.
We were talkin about the b31 (third one is risky and you might miss it online) .. Not 221+2 (lol)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
very nice, I like to do something similar off of b+3,1:

b+3,1, NJP, u+3, b+3,1, 1,2,1~spin, f+4 42%

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
BARAKA COMMUNITY GUIDE

I WILL EAT YOU... DEAD OR ALIVE

General
Baraka is the fiercest of the Tarkatans, vicious nomadic mutants from the wastes of Outworld. Like all Tarkatan males, he joined Shao Kahn's army once he came of age and survived the brutal Ritual of Blood. He gained the rank of Enforcer after single-handedly defeating a rebel faction. His loyalty and strength make him a favorite of the emperor; his retractable blades have slain many of Shao Kahn's most bitter enemies. As a kontestant in the Mortal Kombat tournament, he will ensure his emperor's claim to Earthrealm
Pros Cons
Specials
Slices (DF1) 10% 11 Frame Startup
  • Use to make strings safe on block
  • Also to pressure and build meter
  • On hit knows the opponent away
  • If missed, it can be punished hard
Enhanced Slices (DF1+BLOCK) 14% 11 Frame Startup
  • Same properties as normal slices
  • Has an added pop up on last hit
  • Midscreen can be followed by a blade charge
  • Great for a juggle carry to the corner
  • Enhanced Slices as a "fatality" looks like Baraka is giving the finger

Blade Spin (DB3) 9% 7 Frame Startup

• Best anti air
  • One of Baraka's quickest moves
  • Can interrupt some string
  • Good pressure tool along with slices
  • Can be stopped by lows
  • Knocks opponents away on hit
Enhanced Blade Spin (DB3+BLOCK)15% 7 Frame Startup
  • Same properties as normal spin
  • Increased damage
Chop Chop (BB1) 11% 16 Frame Startup
  • Highest damage anti-air option but needs the right timing
  • Possible to follow up with Blade Charge of D4-Blade Charge/x-ray
  • Full damage even if it only connects on the last chop
  • Can catch some vertical teleporters
  • Good anti rush or pressure tool
  • Punishable on block/whiff.

Enhanced Chop Chop (BB1+BLOCK) 17% 16 Frame Startup

• Same Properties as normal Chop Chop
  • Increases the damage and duration of the move
  • Removes follow up option

Blade Spark (DB2) 8% 16 Frame Startup

• High traveling projectile that can anti-air at all ranges
  • Good zoning tool with a mix of blade charge
  • Long recovery
  • Vulnerable to slides and other low traveling moves

Enhanced Blade Spark (DB2+BLOCK) 14% 16 Frame Startup

• Same properties as normal Blade Spark
  • Increases the damage
  • causes the spark to hit "some" crouching opponents

Blade Charge (DF2) 8% 10 Frame Startup

• Fast mid-range gap closer
  • Great zoning tool paired with spark
  • Cannot be crouched under.
  • Generally safe if performed at its maximum range
  • Punishable at close range
  • Knocks the opponent away
Enhanced Blade Charge (DF2+BLOCK)13% 10 Frame Startup
  • Gives full armor
  • Increases the damage
  • Goes fullscreen

X-Ray (Block+Change Stance)32% 15 Frame Startup

• Fully armored
  • Safe on block
  • Punishable on whiff
  • Medium ranged.
  • Knocks the opponent away

Notable Normals

B3 (Foot Stomp) 17 Frame Startup

• Low starter
  • Can end in several ways:
*B3,2->Slices - a safe option or Enhanced Slices for a launcher.​
*B3,1 - Launcher (unsafe on block)​
*B3,1,F1 - Last hit is a overhead, use to push to the corner, or if b3,1 is blocked​

F2 (Gut Strike) 19 Frame Startup
  • Overhead (mid) starter
  • Can be followed up with any special

F4 (Quick Knee) 12 Frame Startup

• Baraka's Reset
  • Safe on block

2,2,1+2 (Tears of Pain)

• Last hit is an overhead launcher
  • Advantageous on block

1,2,B3 (Tricky Fury)

• Third hit is a low knockdown

U3 (Hop Kick)

Advance Stagedy:

• Rushing
  • Pressure
  • Zoning
  • Frame Traps
    2,2,12-F4
  • Resets
    suck my tarkatan knee F4
Notes
Fatalitys
  • Take A Spin F,F,D,D,3
  • Stage Fatality D,D,D,3
  • Babality F,B,F,4

Special Thanks To The Army Of Tarkatans

@Zoidberg747 @Bravo Moe @SomeCubanGuy @THTB @AcidHand2011 @Kidigital @1man3letters @Asodimazze @OnizukaPM and anyone else that i left out

These are videos of combos, strategy, resets, tips, and ect. more videos r welcomed and will be added
ENJOY
:duel:

*NOTE - Baraka has had many changes due to the patches so only videos that can still be applied will be posted, if any videos that have been posted can't be applied please let me know

You Will Not Escape - Corner Game
Mixup Game Breakdown - Forgotten Tartakan
Triple Spin
Baraka Combos and Tatics
Baraka Advanced Strategy Guide
Baraka's Commentary Guide by Zoidberg
Baraka Corner Combos
Create Combos
Exploring Baraka
Baraka Flacka Flame Combo Video
45% Wall Combo
40% Midscreen Combo
D1 Uses
Uppercut + Blade Charge

I want to say that d3~slices is great underused IMO move, u can make something like d3~slices,d3~slices and than d3~throw or d3 d3 etc great in pressure and many meter

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When you are in the corner, and want to stuff a wakeup, U+3 is the way to go.

Always try and get them into the corner, this is where he shines as a character.

2 2 1+2 is his frame trap, use it to apply pressure.

Slices will make any string safe on block, and properly spaced charges are pretty safe as well.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Niiiice. You're the man Javelin. I was fuckin around with some triple spin stuff as well. Tough to pull off, but OMG it looks so sweet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
how practical is this exactly..? Seems too flashy..., maybe I'm wrong :(

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Practical if you get them in the corner, even then it would be hard to pull off.
Wouldn't you want to do the reset instead if you're in the corner because with this you'll have to worry about wake-ups.

What I'm getting at is whether or not to "promote" this video..

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
I already said it to alot of my friends .. I know this video (Triple Spin) but I do not want to post it at all .. Do not get me wrong man and thanks for the work but ...
I do not wanna see people saying (OMG, 3 spins 3 spins ... !!! nerf spin nerf spin) .. Do you know that NRS take a good look at these sites like TYM and MKU? Thats how they gave us the Full Screen Blade Charge!

Seriously: I knew that thing since the say I posted my video with the Baraka corner combo guide but I did not put it in cuz I do not wanna see people saying nerf for that reason.

Its not practical ... do not try to do it unless you are 100% confident. ... Do you know that you can do chop chop into double spin in the corner (I did not post it though) ... ?

Stuff like that reminds of Tyler Lantern who did that 40% mid-screen (pre patch) against Cyber Subzero .. Flashy!

Do not get me wrong again as I respect all the Baraka communities. You will understand my point if NRS in future does any change on Baraka spin .. Make sure that STORMS does not put it on the main homepage ... Its not good against Raka

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
In terms of in-game use you can argue that it would not be practical, which is why the 3 points in the video are mentioned.

If I wanted to make this a 'flashy' combo, I would have added two EX Spins and burned meter. I guess you could say the reasoning behind this vid was to show the potential Baraka has w/ his spin!

Cheers,
Acid

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I already said it to alot of my friends .. I know this video (Triple Spin) but I do not want to post it at all .. Do not get me wrong man and thanks for the work but ...
I do not wanna see people saying (OMG, 3 spins 3 spins ... !!! nerf spin nerf spin) .. Do you know that NRS take a good look at these sites like TYM and MKU? Thats how they gave us the Full Screen Blade Charge!

Seriously: I knew that thing since the say I posted my video with the Baraka corner combo guide but I did not put it in cuz I do not wanna see people saying nerf for that reason.

Its not practical ... do not try to do it unless you are 100% confident. ... Do you know that you can do chop chop into double spin in the corner (I did not post it though) ... ?

Stuff like that reminds of Tyler Lantern who did that 40% mid-screen (pre patch) against Cyber Subzero .. Flashy!

Do not get me wrong again as I respect all the Baraka communities. You will understand my point if NRS in future does any change on Baraka spin .. Make sure that STORMS does not put it on the main homepage ... Its not good against Raka
ok moe, ya know i love ya, your my tarkatan brother but i really disagree with the above

its a very strict combo,not even reailable on the bigger hitbox chars, just easier on them, can only be done in corner so i really dont think its "op" or anythig like that

people will cry "nerf that" at anything in this game(rember when i called thered be a baraka is op thread when he got buffed)
i would be pretty sure nrs wont nerf baraka,hes high mid tier at best with matchups so i wouldnt worry about that

i am kinda...i duno for lack of a better wrord disapointed youd purposly leave out stuff in the vids you do, the baraka community is pretty small
we also have like 6 or so reg posters who main baraka,its not like the cyrax,sub or hell even mileena forums
lets face it,till very recently baraka was bad in this game,now that he can compete at tourny level (imo) shouldnt baraka players be filled with joy and embracing the want to collectively level up eachother as much as can,
like (no homo) but you and somecuban guy and even good old loco and zoid have really helped the way ive build my baraka or even view the char
the info,help,advice,input all helps every player not just me and to be honest i get pretty chuffed when any baraka stuff makes the front page..its like shit tier baraka?? i think not

{rant over)

by the way out of intrest how u getting two spins out of chop?? d1/d3~spin after the 1st spin??

Bravo Moe

Baraka Lova
ok moe, ya know i love ya, your my tarkatan brother but i really disagree with the above

its a very strict combo,not even reailable on the bigger hitbox chars, just easier on them, can only be done in corner so i really dont think its "op" or anythig like that

people will cry "nerf that" at anything in this game(rember when i called thered be a baraka is op thread when he got buffed)
i would be pretty sure nrs wont nerf baraka,hes high mid tier at best with matchups so i wouldnt worry about that

i am kinda...i duno for lack of a better wrord disapointed youd purposly leave out stuff in the vids you do, the baraka community is pretty small
we also have like 6 or so reg posters who main baraka,its not like the cyrax,sub or hell even mileena forums
lets face it,till very recently baraka was bad in this game,now that he can compete at tourny level (imo) shouldnt baraka players be filled with joy and embracing the want to collectively level up eachother as much as can,
like (no homo) but you and somecuban guy and even good old loco and zoid have really helped the way ive build my baraka or even view the char
the info,help,advice,input all helps every player not just me and to be honest i get pretty chuffed when any baraka stuff makes the front page..its like shit tier baraka?? i think not

{rant over)

by the way out of intrest how u getting two spins out of chop?? d1/d3~spin after the 1st spin??
Just do chop chop into spin into spin in corner (Its not easy) (Try ex spin on ur first spin).. You can also do this chop chop into spin into down 1 into chop chop (But it is extremely hard and a waste of time).

You can also do this in (mid-screen to corner) b31,b31,b31 away from wall then hit uppercut into the wall then into blade charge.

In corner you can make this one of you have enough time to do it: b31,b31,b31 then dash into uppercut + down 1 into spin ..

Again these are waste if time and a destruction for your controller or stick !! Which is why I'm not playing MK9 these days

I have seen alot of people saying nerf Baraka since I played Baraka post-patch .. Even people who play Johhny Cage (Its up to you to believe it!!) ..

Anyways, Acidhand and all people in here ... Thanks.. I hope you understand my point and do not get me wrong!

Just do chop chop into spin into spin in corner (Its not easy) (Try ex spin on ur first spin).. You can also do this chop chop into spin into down 1 into chop chop (But it is extremely hard and a waste of time).

You can also do this in (mid-screen to corner) b31,b31,b31 away from wall then hit uppercut into the wall then into blade charge.

In corner you can make this one of you have enough time to do it: b31,b31,b31 then dash into uppercut + down 1 into spin ..

Again these are waste if time and a destruction for your controller or stick !! Which is why I'm not playing MK9 these days

I have seen alot of people saying nerf Baraka since I played Baraka post-patch .. Even people who play Johhny Cage (Its up to you to believe it!!) ..

Anyways, Acidhand and all people in here ... Thanks.. I hope you understand my point and do not get me wrong!
Kind of funny that NRS's constant patching is actually encouraging this, not showing off what a character can do for fear of nerfs (which...is true, when people see something crazy they cry "imba, nerf!" and NRS usually responds). While I do enjoy the patching (as a result of the patches we now have a buffed Baraka), I do feel the mk community is really spoiled because of it.

I've heard that the last patch we had was supposed to be the last one, though I guess that doesn't include hotfixes and I heard a rumor that there should be another hotfix at some point to remove smoke's and cyrax's resets, removal of jax's 100% corner combo, and slower instant air fireballs for kabal. Though I don't know if it is true...

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i know their not here no more but thankyou [MENTION=4209]JennyCage[/MENTION]
I added most of her guide with some changes
I still need to go through and edit her normals of the guide
and then I will add all the strat the community post in this thread in an organized fashion lol
and after I gotta go through the threads and start collecting the strats from the threads floating around
a lot of work
pce :coffee: