What's new

Strategy Baraka Kommunity Guide/General Discussion

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
Kidigital baraka mixup game - Forgotten Tarkatan

Hey guys I've always loved Baraka and he hasn't been getting the attention he deserves. Checkout this decent explanation of his mix-up game and pressure. tell me if it
gets too boring.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Really good stuff man. I recently picked Baraka back up and I'm having a lot of fun with him. ETI is on my friends list as well and he helped me out awhile back. Us Baraka players need to stick together!

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
fix up a lil more
i plan on having this done by the weekend
not sure how ima organize it yet... right now its just a real rough rough draft

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
This should come in handy if you want to go in for the kill. High damage with no meter. good stuff.

And I liked the Canibus music usage lol

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
Really good stuff man. I recently picked Baraka back up and I'm having a lot of fun with him. ETI is on my friends list as well and he helped me out awhile back. Us Baraka players need to stick together!
Hell YEAH WE DO! I plan to take baraka to NEC and EVO. Imagine if a baraka won lol. With all the positive feedback I can't help but keep trying new things with baraka. Me and ETI are thinking, Combo video?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
fix up a lil more
i plan on having this done by the weekend
not sure how ima organize it yet... right now its just a real rough rough draft
keep it up man!

we should have a big ass section with every possible frame trap and things to make the opp block (.ie, d4 traps/122(hit)~slices,ex spark etc

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
srry it ain't done yet, been really bizzy
going to try to update everything on the other threads right now and try to finish this tomarrow

greattttt idea ese:top:

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
check out the awsome picture i found

gotta go do school shit, be patient my tarkatan nation :)

1man3letters

ill try do some work on the frame trap and resets over next few days
(tourny on sat and just moved house recently so very busy tarkatan at the mo)

as i said already i think its important to have every frame trap/reset baraka has in these section since this is the community guide and ill try contribute as much as i can :top:

this should be a guide to be put on the grave of every s tier char, lets try make it that

lets get raka some tourny wins :flamethrower:

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
ill try do some work on the frame trap and resets over next few days
(tourny on sat and just moved house recently so very busy tarkatan at the mo)

as i said already i think its important to have every frame trap/reset baraka has in these section since this is the community guide and ill try contribute as much as i can :top:

this should be a guide to be put on the grave of every s tier char, lets try make it that

lets get raka some tourny wins :flamethrower:
yes sirrrr
this is the community guide so all ideas/input from the community is whats going to make this killa
Not one Baraka, but an army of barakas, will have formed this jaw dropping, hit the floor and break it, guide

can't wait for that list 1man, i got all of tomarrow off, so expect to see an update

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
how does the format look?
any advice / tips?

.... to much spoilers? lol

leme know, cuz if the format is pretty enough then all that is left is to fill in the information

JagoMIH

Noob
d+4 should be added as a notable attack...on hit f+4 can't be interrupted if Baraka is close. His uppercut is also a great anti-air tool if they jump at you, and gives a free df+2 if they were knocked high enough or to the other side.

A section for bread and butter combos, and character matchup strategies would also be nice.

1man3letters

yes i argee with zoid the spoiler tabs keep everything neat, cheers for the mention in the op also

sorry havnt been posting to much,have another tourny on dec10th and after that ill be working on and posting stuff,
dont want to post half done stuff,sorry just how i am
have nearly all the frame traps done out,(known)resets aswell
so when its done i shall be posting,

every frame trap(i can find)
resets
raka and air to air
raka and the deep jump kick(builds on zoids info on the whiffing of jump kick)
"being safe with raka"
"bait and switch" anti-wake up tech(prob not new and doesnt work on some chars so dont get too exitced,its just some mindgames)

let our collective blades find many a enemy heart

Flagg

Noob
Of all the low tier characters that got buffed post patch, I still think Baraka came out trumps and I'm glad to see that the Baraka sections on the forums are getting a lot of attention and updates. Good job chaps!

galindo

Noob
i would like to see more of this baraka tech, examples inside

well i play with acid hand, and hes really the only good baraka player ive seen on stream/fought in person.
howeveri havent had the chance see any of the other tourney player in action though, besides shadow (against reo mileena which was not fun to watch lol. f that b)

hit confirm f+44 into f+4 reset
*iits hard to do it on a grounded opponent, but possible after practice
*not as much advantage as off an airborn opponent, but still good for mind games, and grab

anti air punch

in to f+4 reset
*you can grab out of of most normal(i think all, i grabbed ermacs tele lift) a bit range dependent though
*its a good mind game, you wont have too much advantage but blade spins will stuff any jump immediately
*if you time it right you can go for damage and land the f+44

in to 4+blade charge
*pretty simple...dont see it much though, maximize your damage, baraka needs it!
*you do it to early it can whiff the blade charge, but it still has excellent reach and you should be able to land the 4 from any range after an aa punch.

miscellaneous:*his spark projectile will beat out jax's ground pund, im very comfortable sitting back against jax with a life lead, you will trade every time against his projectile(not sure if this was known, havent been able to check out this forum too much)

so basically wana hear your guys thought about why you dont do this stuff more often, or if you do

JagoMIH

Noob
Well in up close poke battles I like to mix in d+3 and d+4 with f+4. If f+4 hits I get a free mixup opportunity I usually like to go for something like throw, f+2~df1, or b+3,2~df1

On some chars, Baraka can do stuff like d+4~df+1 for nice and safe chip damage. Some chars have small hit boxes though and it won't work on them.

galindo

Noob
Well in up close poke battles I like to mix in d+3 and d+4 with f+4. If f+4 hits I get a free mixup opportunity I usually like to go for something like throw, f+2~df1, or b+3,2~df1

On some chars, Baraka can do stuff like d+4~df+1 for nice and safe chip damage. Some chars have small hit boxes though and it won't work on them.
i meant mostly like off of an anti air punch.