What's new

Bane's DEATH Match-Ups - A UFGTX Challenge (MU chart included)

Who's right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
so what your saying is something that is punishable -8 is small enough to armor through a poke? the double punch is -5. to the best of my knowledge an armored special move does NOT come out in 1 frame and even if it did any character can EASILY beat it out with a string.
Please be the Bane slayer. Please travel to tournaments. Please be as good of a player as you say you are.

That's what I thought too. But he has ways around wakeups with trait. It can get bad very quickly. I think Sinestro winning is a bill. It's even or maybe slight advantage Sinestro depending on stage.
Sinestro had advantage man. I'm telling u. A lot of reasons I will not just spell out so bane players can improve. Play to win.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
7-3 vs. autopilot Bane, 6-4 against thinking Bane. Superman's use of raw trait to counteract venom must be optimized. Bane has no choice but to respect the laser show, or be blown away by meterburn heat vision if he's caught slippin. Alternating between Heat Zap and Heat Vision at appropriate times discourages crouching and jumping. If Bane corners himself or is corner carried in debuff, Superman doesn't even need trait to instantly kill him. A couple of meters will net 70% or more depending on the previous venom level. Bane excels in this match when he knocks Superman down while managing his venom properly. Level 3 armored specials remove the threat of meterburn Heat Vision, so Superman has to sit back like everyone else until Bane is in debuff. Superman can only break through Bane's armor when he is knocked down with trait activated.

If a high level Superman actually shows up, I will step down and play you for fun later.
I don't know this MU too well, but what happens if Bane just backdashes the lasers when you're in trait, then forward dashes to get in? Those lasers aren't too hard to dash (And we've seen Tyrant do it with Grundy, who has a somewhat similar dash).

Would this change the matchup at all, or do you have a way to shut that down?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sinestro had advantage man. I'm telling u. A lot of reasons I will not just spell out so bane players can improve. Play to win.
Good. I hope to see at UFGT what you do. I don't expect you to spell out everything because that would defeat the purpose. I wish you luck.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I don't know this MU too well, but what happens if Bane just backdashes the lasers when you're in trait, then forward dashes to get in? Those lasers aren't too hard to dash (And we've seen Tyrant do it with Grundy, who has a somewhat similar dash).

Would this change the matchup at all, or do you have a way to shut that down?
This is where alternating lasers and timing comes into play. I am not saying it will always keep Bane out, but it's the general gameplan.

REO

Undead
For the record, I think MMH has the slight edge against Bane overall. I could see it arguably being even on stages like Bat Cave. But on stages with many interactables in play, I believe MMH has the upper hand.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Armor does come out in 1 frame, at least on DP. Most strings don't have 2 hits that happen before DP's active frames, and even if they do, you have to be on point. 16 frames is faster than you think.
Specifically, yes. Armor comes out on frame 1 and persists until the move goes into its recovery state with the obvious exception being Mb VU in which the armor refreshes for exactly 6 frames before wearing off on the way down (permitting the armor wasn't popped on the way up, the armor will persist until he falls to the ground)

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Yes, that's because you swore up and down D1 into anything with Ares was a good tactic. I find it hilarious that you seriously think D1 God Smack is legit, or D1 into whatever with Ares
never said that dont lie. i said other ares players said on the forums that they do d1 into godsmack to blow up peoples down 1s. i have never done d1 gs in my life. i have never even attempted to do it.