What's new

Bane's DEATH Match-Ups - A UFGTX Challenge (MU chart included)

Who's right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'd like to see you fight a really good Flash because I think that matchup is absoloute shite for Bane. I'd like to be shown what I'm doing wrong because I honestly dont have a clue.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I'd say Ares could be considered to be a big problem for Bane to an extent. He can play lame and escape all of Bane's oki with his teleports until venom runs out, then its mindgames into 50% combos all day.
Until Bane gets in. Then he's got to play his game until he gets spaced out again. It doesn't feel that easy.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
7-3 vs. autopilot Bane, 6-4 against thinking Bane. Superman's use of raw trait to counteract venom must be optimized. Bane has no choice but to respect the laser show, or be blown away by meterburn heat vision if he's caught slippin. Alternating between Heat Zap and Heat Vision at appropriate times discourages crouching and jumping. If Bane corners himself or is corner carried in debuff, Superman doesn't even need trait to instantly kill him. A couple of meters will net 70% or more depending on the previous venom level. Bane excels in this match when he knocks Superman down while managing his venom properly. Level 3 armored specials remove the threat of meterburn Heat Vision, so Superman has to sit back like everyone else until Bane is in debuff. Superman can only break through Bane's armor when he is knocked down with trait activated.

If a high level Superman actually shows up, I will step down and play you for fun later.

Last edited:
7-3 vs. autopilot Bane, 6-4 against thinking Bane. Superman's use of raw trait to counteract venom must be optimized. Bane has no choice but to respect the laser show, or be blown away by meterburn heat vision if he's caught slippin. Alternating between Heat Zap and Heat Vision at appropriate times discourages crouching and jumping. If Bane corners himself or is corner carried in debuff, Superman doesn't even need trait to instantly kill him. A couple of meters will net 70% or more depending on the previous venom level. Bane excels in this match when he knocks Superman down while managing his venom properly. Level 3 armored specials remove the threat of meterburn Heat Vision, so Superman has to sit back like everyone else until Bane is in debuff. Superman can only break through Bane's armor when he is knocked down with trait activated.

If a high level Superman actually shows up, I will step down and play you for fun later.

When talking about matchups u CAN ONLY talk about the highest level of play. I can beat non thinking frost players easy. But when I play Reo's frost it's a different story.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
When talking about matchups u CAN ONLY talk about the highest level of play. I can beat non thinking frost players easy. But when I play Reo's frost it's a different story.
I know that, but I obviously haven't played the best Bane yet.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sinestro is one of a few characters whose wakeup u have to respect when I have trait. Sinestros combos are long and eat up venom. Bane is zone able.

Depending on the stage it's like 6 or 6.5 in sinestros favor.
That's what I thought too. But he has ways around wakeups with trait. It can get bad very quickly. I think Sinestro winning is a bill. It's even or maybe slight advantage Sinestro depending on stage.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
@GGA Max

You know what....I didn't see any Batmen in the OP and you and I had a decent casual set going on, a few weeks ago, when I was at GGA before we got cut short by Tony's. I'll sign up for this.

Edit: Even though I'm not sure if Batman actually beats Bane. I kind of think that he goes even with him, though.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
How is Killer Frost good but Bane bad? Why is this community so stupid, anyone even playing the game would know oh forget it. There should be discussions going on about who Bane 7-3s and Killer Frost is certainly one of them

GGA Max

@GGA Max

You know what....I didn't see any Batmen in the OP and you and I had a decent casual set going on, a few weeks ago, when I was at GGA before we got cut short by Tony's. I'll sign up for this.

Edit: Even though I'm not sure if Batman actually beats Bane. I kind of think that he goes even with him, though.
Lol yeah, this challenge is mostly if you disagree with my match-up chart.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Because the frame disadvantage is small enough that you can armor through a poke attempt against most characters.
so what your saying is something that is punishable -8 is small enough to armor through a poke? the double punch is -5. to the best of my knowledge an armored special move does NOT come out in 1 frame and even if it did any character can EASILY beat it out with a string.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Armor does come out in 1 frame, at least on DP. Most strings don't have 2 hits that happen before DP's active frames, and even if they do, you have to be on point. 16 frames is faster than you think.