What's new

Bane's DEATH Match-Ups - A UFGTX Challenge (MU chart included)

Who's right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i agree that bane is retarded, i just have questions to paulo about what drugs he was on when he did what he did to bane, why does bane have armor on a command throw that is untechable? some characters like GL get absolutely murdered on the ground, he can't backdash he can barely MB f3 out, and if the bane reads that he can double punch or DP. also why does armor when you hit it does it slow down whatever is hitting the armor? flash should be able to LC MB right throw his wake ups in theory but because the first hit goes throw belly fat or bane while hitting him it slows him down enough to beat out a 3 frame gap from contact. a lot of things that should work in the games core is broken with venom so it makes bane look broken. thank god flash has options, he may be the only character to legit give him problems, him or zatanna.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i agree that bane is retarded, i just have questions to paulo about what drugs he was on when he did what he did to bane, why does bane have armor on a command throw that is untechable? some characters like GL get absolutely murdered on the ground, he can't backdash he can barely MB f3 out, and if the bane reads that he can double punch or DP. also why does armor when you hit it does it slow down whatever is hitting the armor? flash should be able to LC MB right throw his wake ups in theory but because the first hit goes throw belly fat or bane while hitting him it slows him down enough to beat out a 3 frame gap from contact. a lot of things that should work in the games core is broken with venom so it makes bane look broken. thank god flash has options, he may be the only character to legit give him problems, him or zatanna.
Supposedly Superman is a death Mu because "trait dawg"

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I'd say Ares could be considered to be a big problem for Bane to an extent. He can play lame and escape all of Bane's oki with his teleports until venom runs out, then its mindgames into 50% combos all day.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Supposedly Superman is a death Mu because "trait dawg"
tbh honest bane needs a slight adjustment either make his venom cooldown long again, or tweak how armor works in this game, atleast characters with fast repeating jabs could have an option up close, but right now bane can literally do anything he wants while in venom after a block special unless he fights flash. nothing should slow down when going through armor.

GGA Max

if max beats you with bane 14 out of 20 does that mean that bane is a death or bad matchup for bane?
If its like 14-6 Bane won, then thats a 7-3 ... or an "okay" approximation of a 7-3 in my book.

Players do matter, that's why I hope the best representatives of each challenge me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
tbh honest bane needs a slight adjustment either make his venom cooldown long again, or tweak how armor works in this game, atleast characters with fast repeating jabs could have an option up close, but right now bane can literally do anything he wants while in venom after a block special unless he fights flash. nothing should slow down when going through armor.
You all had your chance to believe me when I upplayed him after the dash buffs...
You had your chance after the venom buffs...
Even after the charge buffs.

But no, you all brought this upon yourselves. :cool:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Players do matter, that's why I hope the best representatives of each challenge me.
Maaaan... maybe I should drop out then.

Give me some friendlies sometime during the weekend assuming I manage to get there?
(I need to re-evaluate my opinions of this MU. I felt helpless the 1st time we played, but I think the skill gap was probably larger then.)

GGA Max

Maaaan... maybe I should drop out then.

Give me some friendlies sometime during the weekend assuming I manage to get there?
(I need to re-evaluate my opinions of this MU. I felt helpless the 1st time we played, but I think the skill gap was probably larger then.)
In any case I won't deny anyone casuals. Even joker players ;).

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Honestly no idea. I've learned a lot of stuff that helps me against Bane and have yet to lose to one (with Joker) since the last time we played, but I am still having the same issues after a knockdown thanks in part to that shitty backdash.

At this point I just think of it as "winnable" but I don't know exactly where I would put that yet. It could range anywhere between 4-6 to 5-5.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You must be joking
If it were worse than that I would not be winning against players of near my skill or players who usually beat me with other 4-6/5-5 matchups.

If it were 3-7 or worse than that implies I would have to be severely outplaying my opponents for wins, and in this MU while it has occasionally felt that way, most of the Banes I've played do not give me that impression.

On the flip side, when I was at GGA I got seriously outplayed and as such was not good enough to really consider my losses an indication of the matchup (Although I did learn a lot, including what to look out for in the MU, and I did over-react when I returned thinking the MU was hopeless when in reality I got outplayed hard and didn't know the MU.).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
No I think it might be even at best for Wowo
He can't just armour through her all day like most other characters though, she has 1 armour breaking option to stop the command grab and outspeed his normals and a parry to full combo both VU and DP. It's just a constant guessing game between both of them, literally a 5050 after everything.

In the end thats what the matchup simplifies to. Avoid the corner and take all the Bane specific 5050s you can get.