What's new

Bane Official Combo Thread: "Doo doo doot doo Thats Bane!"

I've been trying the b23 combos listed in the first post and can't get them. I'm new to Bane, does he have strict timing/window on his combos?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've been trying the b23 combos listed in the first post and can't get them. I'm new to Bane, does he have strict timing/window on his combos?
Not really, most would say not at all. Sometimes you have to wait until they drop to the appropriate height so all hits connect depending on the string and if you hit them while they were jumping. A few practice sessions will give you that. Do not delay the specials that are enders and you should be fine.

LEGI0N47

shaowebb

Haven't been to the OP in a while. I see the combos are now grouped. Noticed there is not a group for F2D starters. Think that will become a bigger part of Bane to get more damage and for 50/50 on knockdown since it's overhead. It's also of note that F2D recieves all lvl 3 venom properties when you use it with that venom level. So here they are. I won't rule out the possability of there being more because there may be. Just what I have.

F2D~BF1: 21%/26% MB, 31% lvl 3/ 40% MB

F2D~BF2: 13%/19%MB, 20% lvl 3/ 28% MB

F2D~DBF3: 21%/26% MB, 32% lvl3/39% MB

F2D~DB1: 19%, 28% lvl 3

F2D~DB2: 16%/24% MB, 24% lvl 3/36% MB

Backround bounces and bounce cancels: These were all done dry (no venom trait) or start on full lvl 3. They will change if you pump venom mid combo. BBRB is bounce cancel, RB is backround bounce interaction. xbox player :p

F2D~BBRB, J2, 12, DBF3 35%/ 38% MB, lvl 3 53%* not enough time to MB lvl 3 (2 bars to do)

F2D~BBRB, J2, 123, DB1 36%, lvl 3 54% (2 bars to do)

F2D~RB, 12, DBF3 30%/34%MB; lvl 3 45%/48%MB

F2D~RB, 123, DB1 31%, lvl 3 47%

F2D~RB, B3 12, DB1 33%, lvl 3 49%

F2D~RB, B3, J2, 12, DBF3 37%, lvl 3 50%* not enough time to MB unless you want to waste cooldown time on lvl 3

F2D~RB, B3, J2, 123, DB1 38%, lvl 3 57%

F2D~RB, B3, J2, 12, DB2 34%/38% MB, lvl 3 52%/ 58% MB

F2D~RB, B3, J2, 12 Super 70%

Unclashable:

F2D~BBRB, B3: 24%, 36% lvl 3 (2 bars to do)

F2D~BBRB to transition, on lvl 3 around 50% +/- vaires by stage (2 bars to do)

F2D~Super 39%, 59% lvl 3

LEGI0N47

You should add in combos off of f.2,d, DB/DF MB. Costs 2 bars, but they do hella damage.
There are a couple in there. The first two in the cancel/backround bounce part. I annotated them as BBRB since they say BB RB in the menu even though they can be done with DB.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
LEGI0N47

Added your stuff. That was sorely needed too as F2D causing the fast stand is a major part of generating his damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It does with raging charge though. Isn't that the OHVCS thing?
... lol...
The OHVCS is f.2.dxxRaging charge into a meaty super. They can't jump on reaction, backdash, or any of the like. They have to shove out an invuln command or grab immune to get out, which most people aren't accustomed to.

shaowebb

... lol...
The OHVCS is f.2.dxxRaging charge into a meaty super. They can't jump on reaction, backdash, or any of the like. They have to shove out an invuln command or grab immune to get out, which most people aren't accustomed to.
Okay then what is this fast stand stuff because Im in and out so much I'm mixing up tech.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Okay then what is this fast stand stuff because Im in and out so much I'm mixing up tech.
Fast stand is like b.23 where the moment they hit the ground they are already beginning to stand back up. Its a faster knockdown (soft knockdown) that lets us basically keep constant pressure by using this to lower our attack frames. Do b.23, then do a sweep or 123 and note the difference in standing timing.

f.2.d into charge is the OHVCS (overhead -> venom charge -> Super) which is a hard knockdown state where the opponent is close enough to get hit by a meaty grab or super, and unlike normal they are hit in a way where jumping out is impossible.

Neither are per-se "tech" so much as little tricks we have which cause unusual situations. Moves that cause a fast stand are pretty much anything that causes stagger on block, d.2 d.2, b.23, and to a point 113 does as well but its not consistant. Pretty much anything into a charge where you are hitting the charge from a point blank range can be counted as a VCS, but f.2.d is the usual one that gives reliable results and at level 3 acts as an armored overhead.

shaowebb

Fast stand is like b.23 where the moment they hit the ground they are already beginning to stand back up. Its a faster knockdown (soft knockdown) that lets us basically keep constant pressure by using this to lower our attack frames. Do b.23, then do a sweep or 123 and note the difference in standing timing.

f.2.d into charge is the OHVCS (overhead -> venom charge -> Super) which is a hard knockdown state where the opponent is close enough to get hit by a meaty grab or super, and unlike normal they are hit in a way where jumping out is impossible.

Neither are per-se "tech" so much as little tricks we have which cause unusual situations. Moves that cause a fast stand are pretty much anything that causes stagger on block, d.2 d.2, b.23, and to a point 113 does as well but its not consistant. Pretty much anything into a charge where you are hitting the charge from a point blank range can be counted as a VCS, but f.2.d is the usual one that gives reliable results and at level 3 acts as an armored overhead.
Is it always related to venom charge? I'm noticing some buggy weirdness in that move in how it effects opponents. You already heard me mentioning that if you point blank it in the corner as he runs on top of their body the moment he starts to cross em up they slingshot along the floor to the opposite corner of the screen. If that move induces its super fast and impactful knockdown by using coding to generate a force I think it may be still generating that force as he dances on them and the person's hitbox gets tangled in the field or something shooting them. Just speculating that one, but its a move that does weird things to people.

Not really, most would say not at all. Sometimes you have to wait until they drop to the appropriate height so all hits connect depending on the string and if you hit them while they were jumping. A few practice sessions will give you that. Do not delay the specials that are enders and you should be fine.
Went to practice and I think what my issue was after doing 123 I was inputting d, b, f, 3 too fast. I slowed it down and it seems to help.