What's new

Bane Official Combo Thread: "Doo doo doot doo Thats Bane!"

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
OHVCS is Overhead into Venom Charge followed by Super. Basically F2D~BF1, Super. On lvl 3 it's 30%+54%, pretty serious damage off an overhead start. The distance that the opponent is from you after f2d~bf1 is the perfect distance for a virtually inescapable Super when they try to get up off the hard knockdown, they have no time to do the standard jump out, they'll get nailed. I say virtually because I'm not 100% sure if some throw immune moves will stop it or be punished by Supes crazy 2 frame super. Either way it happens very fast so few will realize the direction you where going until you have them over your knee.

There is an example vid in the dirty venom thread.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You CAN throw immune it, but the move has to come out before you are on top of them, which isn't much time.

LEGI0N47

You CAN throw immune it, but the move has to come out before you are on top of them, which isn't much time.
That's what I figured. It would make sence to be able too. But yeah there is so little time to do it, so good luck people!

Uber

Noob
OHVCS is Overhead into Venom Charge followed by Super. Basically F2D~BF1, Super. On lvl 3 it's 30%+54%, pretty serious damage off an overhead start. The distance that the opponent is from you after f2d~bf1 is the perfect distance for a virtually inescapable Super when they try to get up off the hard knockdown, they have no time to do the standard jump out, they'll get nailed. I say virtually because I'm not 100% sure if some throw immune moves will stop it or be punished by Supes crazy 2 frame super. Either way it happens very fast so few will realize the direction you where going until you have them over your knee.

There is an example vid in the dirty venom thread.
Oooo, that's cool. I'll try that. Does that mean sweep into super can be called SS? i can't wait to come up with acronyms for all my shazam setups. People are gonna be so confused!!! :)

LEGI0N47

Oooo, that's cool. I'll try that. Does that mean sweep into super can be called SS? i can't wait to come up with acronyms for all my shazam setups. People are gonna be so confused!!! :)
Feel free. We just got tired of typing it out.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Just something minor I found, but...
I do realize it's just a slight change to one of the OHVCS combo's, but still is a good reset, always fun to land online.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not bad but you have to be careful because when you whiff the first 1 they CAN actually backdash sometimes. It's risky, but I like the picture at the end

Yojimzo

Not bad but you have to be careful because when you whiff the first 1 they CAN actually backdash sometimes. It's risky, but I like the picture at the end
I do realize I'm hoping they will try to counter the whiff, which i would try to account for in a match, IE DP instead of continuing if they backdash.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I do realize I'm hoping they will try to counter the whiff, which i would try to account for in a match, IE DP instead of continuing if they backdash.
You could do the same-ish combo doing b.23 into it I think... Like b.23 11 charge and you'll link it all without the risk. Should do in the same area of damage as well.

Yojimzo

You could do the same-ish combo doing b.23 into it I think... Like b.23 11 charge and you'll link it all without the risk. Should do in the same area of damage as well.
I'll go test this and give the results, One minute

EDIT: Alright, though the 11 has to be frame perfect, with the jump in it comes out to 102% total.

Yojimzo

And here's the 102% variation, least once it finishes uploading.
On a side note, could someone give me some tips on timing the 11 or 12 after a B23, I can usually only get it after 3 or 4 times with 1 B23, but takes about 7 for B23 B23
Should have put this earlier, but the damage values of those two combos without venom is 66, and 68 respectively.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It just takes practice, honestly.
And you'll usually want to aim for around 102% or so to make sure it kills off the entire bar, the game has a bad case of the magic pixels.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
The overhead into charge and super is a little strict. you have to sync it with the first standing frame. Are you guys pushing it after he yells?

It's the same as my corner setups that can't be jumped or backdashed, the stand frame gets popped open and you just snuff them.

Yojimzo

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to do some recordings of the combo's in the first post as a reference vid for newer Bane's, does anyone have any combo's not in there that you think should be added?
Also if anyone's good at video editing, lemme know, >_>
EDIT: Alright, finished it, if anyone has any changes they want made then speak up, if it's all good though, then I'll take it down and finish the editing, which really is just adding music at this point.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combos to share? I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.