What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Balanced Balanced Kenshi MU Thread, Does He Have Any In His Favor?

Vagrant

Noob
It's obvious that skilled player can win even a very hard for his character MU with a noob player. There is no constant with "human factor" there for it shouldn't be accounted in MU discussion.

However tools, frame data etc are things based on which you can actually compare 2 characters imo. And in that regard Goro beats Kenshi hands down.

Think whatever you want. I used to look at it the same way. Then playing DS and learning from Slips I found out that there are limitations to the way humans can play fighting games optimally. Particularly in terms of reaction, progressions, conditioning, comitment in the neutral game, and the larger context of the engine specific factors like chip, meter, movement, health, rounds, and knockdown options.

You can't make a point for one area and disregard the rest of the equation. It's just not how fighting games work.

I dont expect you to agree. I had to have it explained to me for years before I really understood.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Think whatever you want. I used to look at it the same way. Then playing DS and learning from Slips I found out that there are limitations to the way humans can play fighting games optimally. Particularly in terms of reaction, progressions, conditioning, comitment in the neutral game, and the larger context of the engine specific factors like chip, meter, movement, health, rounds, and knockdown options.

You can't make a point for one area and disregard the rest of the equation. It's just not how fighting games work.

I dont expect you to agree. I had to have it explained to me for years before I really understood.
You missed the point of my message.

I do agree on "human factor". That being said i don't appreciate you talking in a manner of "i know best". I've been playing FG for almost 20 years now. Most of that time competitively.

Back to topic it's gonna be quite some time before anybody gonna play Kenshi "optimally" probably like always some new tech, better usage of his tools gonna be found later on. That's why i don't bother with "detailed MU break down atm" coz there is no point, no yet anyway.

Instead im expressing my opinion based on what is certain at this point like tools at each character disposal, moves frame data and only after that my MU experience (quite extended considering game is 2 weeks old).

Anyway there is no doubt in my mind that at this point with current tools and frame data - Goro is way better then Kenshi.

Kenshi overall is just lacking on several aspects but that we (Kenshi mains) already know. I've talked with Brant (Pig) and many others and we're on the same page here. That's a fact. Anyway i agree on one more thing with you - "Think whatever you want".

Vagrant

Noob
You missed the point of my message.

I do agree on "human factor". That being said i don't appreciate you talking in a manner of "i know best". I've been playing FG for almost 20 years now. Most of that time competitively.

Back to topic it's gonna be quite some time before anybody gonna play Kenshi "optimally" probably like always some new tech, better usage of his tools gonna be found later on. That's why i don't bother with "detailed MU break down atm" coz there is no point, no yet anyway.

Instead im expressing my opinion based on what is certain at this point like tools at each character disposal, moves frame data and only after that my MU experience (quite extended considering game is 2 weeks old).

Anyway there is no doubt in my mind that at this point with current tools and frame data - Goro is way better then Kenshi.

Kenshi overall is just lacking on several aspects but that we (Kenshi mains) already know. I've talked with Brant (Pig) and many others and we're on the same page here. That's a fact. Anyway i agree on one more thing with you - "Think whatever you want".
I'm sorry if I offended. Wasn't trying to sound arrogant. What you wrote to describe the matchup doesn't do a matchup justice imo and I didn't want people to get in the habit of arguing matchups like that. Probably should have just let it go.

Do you boo boo.