What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Balanced Balanced Kenshi MU Thread, Does He Have Any In His Favor?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
So every time me and my friends talk about match ups they ask "hey you main balanced Kenshi, what good match ups do you think he has?" and my answer has always been I don't think so. so I thought I would post this thread to discuss all of Balanced Kenshi's match ups, and what us Balanced Kenshi players can do to improve our odds against certain match ups. from what me and my friends have discussed the only clear match up I know would be Johnny Cage Stunt Double, which we believe to be 5/5 although im not completely convinced i think it may be 6/4 Stunt Double's favor. So let's discuss strategies and match ups for Balanced Kenshi so we can make him more viable in kombat.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Cassie loses 9-1 to balanced Kenshi. Cassie should have lots of essential buffs.

I'd recommend making her B1 further and faster, like maybe 6 or 7 frames. I'd also make her guns 9 frames on startup and +20 on hit. I'd give MK9 Jades projectile glow to her. I'd make her walk speed the same as Jacque's and give her some more armoured stuff... Like an armoured teleport. She needs a teleport too btw. Then it'd be around even.

:DOGE

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
doubt it, i play an insanely good erron black player and kenshi cant get erron black out once he is in, try and EXRK, then he will EX sand tackle
wake up throws and then just zone his balls off.

Also you can poop on any variation for zoning since your bf3 can beat his rifle walk, then just either jump or do a df4 on his crouching shot. @STRYKIE

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I know some are trolling. But I don't know about a few. He seems to beat or 5-5 Goro tho. Other than that idk he has nothing but dash punishes

MrProfDrPepper

wake up throws and then just zone his balls off.

Also you can poop on any variation for zoning since your bf3 can beat his rifle walk, then just either jump or do a df4 on his crouching shot. @STRYKIE
trades never work in kenshis favor, if you hit him out of any of his zoning his move completely stops so marksman ca outzone him

I know some are trolling. But I don't know about a few. He seems to beat or 5-5 Goro tho. Other than that idk he has nothing but dash punishes
Highly agree with you there. I main Kenshi and Goro is my 2nd, and that match up feels 5-5 easy. Proper zoning against Goro is really rough on him, so smart telefury stops him in his tracks.

MrProfDrPepper

Highly agree with you there. I main Kenshi and Goro is my 2nd, and that match up feels 5-5 easy. Proper zoning against Goro is really rough on him, so smart telefury stops him in his tracks.
alright awesome we have a 5/5 match up, i havent faced too many goros so I wasnt completely sure how accurate it was

which variation of goro?
All goro variations against Kenshi balance feel 5-5 IMO. Because I use both characters, I try to see how I can beat a good Kenshi/Goro player. Goro has a hard time against zoners, so I would use either Kuatan Warrior or Tigrar Fury and try ground pound, teleport stomp or use fireballs. Kenshi can beat out those moves with his move sets (telefury, telekinetic slice and blade reflect). But as a Goro player against kenshi, I would have to use meter to burn armor to get a chance. As long as Kenshi plays a proper zoning game, Goro has a hard time. But if Goro gets in, Kenshi will need to reset the situation and repeat. Also, when Goro thinks your zoning some more, move in to catch him off guard with some combos. The thing with this match up is just outsmarting the player and not the character, which is why I say 5-5 all day.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

All goro variations against Kenshi balance feel 5-5 IMO. Because I use both characters, I try to see how I can beat a good Kenshi/Goro player. Goro has a hard time against zoners, so I would use either Kuatan Warrior or Tigrar Fury and try ground pound, teleport stomp or use fireballs. Kenshi can beat out those moves with his move sets (telefury, telekinetic slice and blade reflect). But as a Goro player I would have to use meter to burn armor to get a chance. As long as Kenshi plays a proper zoning game, Goro has a hard time. But if Goro gets in, Kenshi will need to reset the situation and repeat. The thing with this match up is just outsmarting the player and not the character, which is why I say 5-5 all day.
alright, so we have 1 confirmed 5/5 match up, we have stratagies against goro. on a separate note i think that summoner quan chi is 6-4 quan chi favor and cybernetic kano 8-2 kanos favor