What's new

Balance Suggestions: Perfect Legend, M2Dave, Forever King, THTB and PLAYING TO W1N

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
:eek:

Fuck you Brad
I just saw this. I'm like dying yo. Sinestro is below Doomsday? I don't think you can say that with a straight face.

hey i listed 7 better characters, list your top 5 or 10 lol
There's no point in arguing with you. I don't think it's worth the time I'd waste typing. My top 5 would be Supes, Batman, Adam, Aqua, GL. But that's just my opinions. WW and Flash could easily be up there. So could Martian in a few weeks. And a few of those could be switched around.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I just saw this. I'm like dying yo. Sinestro is below Doomsday? I don't think you can say that with a straight face.
Just want to reiterate, the list I posted is just about how broadly winnable their matchups are. A handful of hopeless ones are what put them into the second grouping, not how they do in the rest. It isn't intended to be a tier list and I really hope no one reads it as one.

Crathen

Death is my business
I honestly don't think anyone should be Nerfed or Buffed until ALL the DLC is out,

Then you know what everyone is working with, need to let the game breath too before you do anything drastic.

And non of this FIX THIS SHIT CAUSE IT WIFFS ON CERTAIN CHARACTERS. Thats the nature of fighting games, something things work on certain characters, some things dont.
Thing is NRS will not patch the game in a year from now , they're trying to get everything right before the money for patches is dry.

SonicBoomBrad

Just want to reiterate, the list I posted is just about how broadly winnable their matchups are. A handful of hopeless ones are what put them into the second grouping, not how they do in the rest. It isn't intended to be a tier list and I really hope no one reads it as one.
I wasn't reading into it as a tier list. Just more of a "No flaws, flaws, and serious flaws" list. I edited the other post by the way, but Doomsday loses pretty bad to Batman and Supes. Supes is nearly impossible due to his traited laser taking away my trait on block. Probably a 7-3. Everything else is winnable if played properly imo, but there are people that would say GL and Aqua are bad too.

LEGEND

YES!
Sinestro is below Doomsday? I don't think you can say that with a straight face.
:confused:
-
I wasn't reading into it as a tier list. Just more of a "No flaws, flaws, and serious flaws" list. I edited the other post by the way, but Doomsday loses pretty bad to Batman and Supes. Supes is nearly impossible due to his traited laser taking away my trait on block. Probably a 7-3. Everything else is winnable if played properly imo, but there are people that would say GL and Aqua are bad too.
Sinestro has more bad MUs than Doomsday thats for sure

SZSR

Noob
There's no point in arguing with you. I don't think it's worth the time I'd waste typing. My top 5 would be Supes, Batman, Adam, Aqua, GL. But that's just my opinions. WW and Flash could easily be up there. So could Martian in a few weeks. And a few of those could be switched around.
TBH we're not really gonna know how it all is until all the DLC is done coming out. I mean look at MK9, people thought Sonya and Kitana would be part of the top 5. Then Kenshi and Freddy came out, Kenshi didn't really stop Sonya but Kenshi and Freddy sure did a number on Kitana (not to mention matchups that ended up being worse for her in the future).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Makes sense. I'm not going to try and chase my list around editing it since it was only meant as a discussion point anyways, but this is exactly the end I was trying to achieve with it. This thread needs more material like this, and less "THIS 2 GUD NERF IT."

SonicBoomBrad

:confused:
-

Sinestro has more bad MUs than Doomsday thats for sure
It's possible. I don't play the character. And I'm usually really optimistic with match ups. You know way more about Sinestro than I do.

TBH we're not really gonna know how it all is until all the DLC is done coming out. I mean look at MK9, people thought Sonya and Kitana would be part of the top 5. Then Kenshi and Freddy came out, Kenshi didn't really stop Sonya but Kenshi and Freddy sure did a number on Kitana (not to mention matchups that ended up being worse for her in the future).
I actually agree with you completely on this. I can see Zod and Martian being top 5 once all Zods bugs get fixed and people perfect playing both of those characters. The game is young, and tier lists are pointless. But blatantly ignoring how good of a character GL is, is kind of foolish.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
LMAO

Nerf Nightwing (by crippling his staff pressure) and no mention of fixing it in the first place (having it hit mid on all characters...)

lol no. Nightwing needs an escrima buff. 7-8f d1, or 7-8f f2 so he has a usable mid for escaping pokes.

Batman - non meterburned batarang is a true high projectile. Meterburned version explodes mid and gives same advantage. Similar to Green Lanterns.

Deathstroke - IS FINE NOW. Frame traps, zoning, full screen whiff punishes. Excellent crossups. The character is good and still contends with the top tier.

Green Lantern - I agree with these, because they are not retarded changes...just fixes. Mids should be mids. Remove his otg.

Green Arrow - The most nerfed non top 10 character ever? Leave him the fuck alone. If anything he needs a damage buff. He needs his super to do mass damage unless he is in the corner.

Aquaman - Pushblock is the answer here folks.

Lex - If you buff his zoning, he is going to fuck up everybody. The character is amazingly good as it is. Play Rev. Setups for days.

Killer Frost - Slight Damage Buff.

Bane - Cancel idea is interesting. Character is pretty damn good as it stands tho. If he jukes, he shouldn't get armor or he effectively has a flash parry. Would be hard to implement.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
im not asking for an argument im just saying show why you feel how you do. you say GL is top 5 but the difference between him and the others you have up there is they either dont have bad MU's or they hav was to deal with them, GL doesnt. i just want to understand why people feel like GL is better than he is

SonicBoomBrad

Batman - non meterburned batarang is a true high projectile. Meterburned version explodes mid and gives same advantage. Similar to Green Lanterns.
This is amazing, I like you. Adding a 0.5 second cooldown to bats would be really cool too.

im not asking for an argument im just saying show why you feel how you do. you say GL is top 5 but the difference between him and the others you have up there is they either dont have bad MU's or they hav was to deal with them, GL doesnt. i just want to understand why people feel like GL is better than he is
Watch DJT play him. Then maybe you'll get it. I don't know how else to explain it to you other than the fact that I've played a lot of high level GLs.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Here, let me make a useful post.

Characters who have all the tools they need to win any match
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Aquaman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Catwoman, Black Adam, Doomsday, Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Grundy, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, Ares, Shazam, Joker, Bane

Characters who perform well in most matches, but have a very difficult time against a select handful
Lex,

Characters who lack the tools they need to win consistently in most of their matches
Killer Frost, Lobo

SZSR

Noob
~a lot of interesting suggestions
IDK, what if fixing all the bugs is what Nightwing really does need? Consistent pressure would allow the opponents to be able to understand Nightwing's attack patterns more clearly as well as fix well his consistency issues? It's like the devil you know versus the devil you don't.

EDIT: You don't know how many times playing as Shazam having Escrima fury end up whiffing on me, me being confused and then getting full comboed.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Watch DJT play him. Then maybe you'll get it. I don't know how else to explain it to you other than the fact that I've played a lot of high level GLs.
ive seen DJT play him and he's really good but even at the highest level he still doesnt stand a chance against Superman, whereas Batman and Adam do (i cant say for sure about Aquaman)
just because great players play a character at a high level and compete with him doesnt make him one of the best in the game, ChrisG beats damn near everyone with Green Arrow and he isnt top 8

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
IDK, what if fixing all the bugs is what Nightwing really does need? Consistent pressure would allow the opponents to be able to understand Nightwing's attack patterns more clearly as well as fix well his consistency issues? It's like the devil you know versus the devil you don't.

EDIT: You don't know how many times playing as Shazam having Escrima fury end up whiffing on me, me being confused and then getting full comboed.

Happens to more than just Shazam. Happens against Green Lantern as well.

He definitely needs his meterburned Spin fixed to hit all chars mid. That MUST be changed.

I want to use escrima more as well. I think I am a decent escrima nightwing, but certain matchups shut it down for free simply because their moves are fast low starters (which make mids whiff) or they have a d1 that is less than -2 on block. As it stands, he has a 9f poke and a 10f standing mid. His faster starters get covered by pokes.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Putting Hawkgirl in the top part? Good joke.
Lol? Hawkgirl is in the top
Just because she may lose a matchup against Zod or someone that can control the air doesn't mean she is incapable of bodying most of the cast just because they can't catch her or have poor air normals to knock her out of the air

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Thing is NRS will not patch the game in a year from now , they're trying to get everything right before the money for patches is dry.

You pay attention and do the next big patch with the last 8th DLC, then one final one 6 months after. We will be lucky if we get 2 more patches, I don't expect one with Zatanna

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Lol? Hawkgirl is in the top
Just because she may lose a matchup against Zod or someone that can control the air doesn't mean she is incapable of bodying most of the cast just because they can't catch her or have poor air normals to knock her out of the air
The bias is strong with this one.