What's new

General/Other Back up characters to compliment Bane's "bad" match ups - a necessary evil

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just thought you meant that Bane automatically turned around and grabbed him when you said auto correct.
In what I meant, "Auto Correct" is any time when a move that wouldn't normally land does so by a positional swap, either by your character turning around automatically (as in some cases with the normal throw) or when the opponent is forced into a position that still lets you hit them despite not normally being able to.

A.K.A. Hit them with the Aug.

In what I meant, "Auto Correct" is any time when a move that wouldn't normally land does so by a positional swap, either by your character turning around automatically (as in some cases with the normal throw) or when the opponent is forced into a position that still lets you hit them despite not normally being able to.

A.K.A. Hit them with the Aug.
I wish I had someone to test it with to see what it's like for the Ares player. They think they are going to be behind you, but they end up in front.

Works on Shazam too. Teleport buff?
I think not *back breaker*
If there are recovery frames on teleport, you can probably just go at them with a 113 or 123 into whatever. They are facing the other direction once they teleport which is weird lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If there are recovery frames on teleport, you can probably just go at them with a 113 or 123 into whatever. They are facing the other direction once they teleport which is weird lol
The almighty Aug Tech. Everyone bow down!

TheRFG

Noob
i play Killer Frost and Grundy outside of Bane. KF's normals aren't great but all of her specials are. her zoning is decent, her slide is godly, her parry is great for close-quarters, and she can combo into 30% fairly easily.

Grundy is worth checking out, not really as an alternate playstyle to Bane, but because of the similarities. Walking Corpse is a normal special command grab with big range and three(!) hits of armor. his trait throw can be armored and thrown into setups, and MB butcher knife is another armored special. plus, 49% for one bar off of a jab isn't bad at all
not to mention you can cancel out of Grundy's walking corpse, where as bane you cannot cancel out of his charge, it's nice.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well you were doing it first lol
You posted about it first, that's what matters. You got the idea, we both worked on it and got to the same conclusion, but you brought the fires of knowledge to mankind. For that, it gets credited to you.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
Only us can start a alt character thread and at the end, start talking about improving Bane bad MU and not picking an alt.

You are the best guys xD

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Only us can start a alt character thread and at the end, start talking about improving Bane bad MU and not picking an alt.

You are the best guys xD
We aren't improving bad MUs, we are making our good ones even better.
We got something new to put into the dirty venom, its a good day indeed.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I like to use Batman. I find he can cover about any bad matchup Bane has, plus he's my second favorite character on the game. I also use Joker for no other reason than I like him. I'm going to pick up Superman to go against a lot of the Black Adam's I'm seeing.

I'm holding out for Zod in hopes he less like Superman and more like Bane - but better against Superman, Black Adam, Batman, and Nightwing.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'm holding out for Zod in hopes he less like Superman and more like Bane - but better against Superman, Black Adam, Batman, and Nightwing.
That would be awesome. Actually IMO Batgirl is pretty nasty. I just feel like it's going back to square 1 to start all over with a new char. In short I'm kinda lazy there and I love the Venom. Moar Venom!

jfunkey

Noob
I play WW as an alt for bane mainly for superman, she can also handle a lot of the other bad matchup that bane has. I've been trying to manmode it lately with bane though just to test what matchups aren't bad anymore because of the dash buff

I play Bane and Grundy.... not exactly a counter-pick second.... but I like what I like and I play around the harder match-ups.

But I'm not very good so..... yeah..... doesn't make much of a difference who I play at my level

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Do we have a Bane match up chart yet???
Basically its as simple as this:

Can we get in on them eventually? Yes/no, 2 points
Do they have a good backdash? Yes/no, 2 points
Can they break armor? Yes/no, 2 points
Do they have a good wake-up? Yes/no, 4 points

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Basically its as simple as this:

Can we get in on them eventually? Yes/no, 2 points