What's new

General/Other Back up characters to compliment Bane's "bad" match ups - a necessary evil

Yea, ares can get out of knockdowns with teleport. I got bodied. Admittedly, I've never played a solid Ares until now.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Yea, ares can get out of knockdowns with teleport. I got bodied. Admittedly, I've never played a solid Ares until now.
Does it use the same tracking as Shazam's? You can get jump back body splash his teleport on wakeup if you read it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just throw him if you're close enough or DP on reaction with Venom.

Or neutral splash.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've only played prob 2 Ares period, and they were pretty good, it was totally new to me and I did not do well but did better as time went. I started trying to get my knockdowns with a B1 into cmd grab. If he telaported on wake up it turned into and isntant F1 for that backwards stagger and I would just attempt to dash into 113 for it's speed. I need to play this one more.

The guy was clearly better than me and I had no idea what I was doing as I rarely play against anything but superman, black Adam, batman, aquaman, and green lantern lol

Need to get practice against the teleport characters.

Basically if you use the b.23 reset instead of just hard knockdowns, his teleport becomes not-very useful because of the auto-tracking on certain attacks. b.23 b.23 b.1 throw will work even if he teleports away because the throw will auto-correct itself.
If you b1 link into special does it auto correct? Have to hit training mode I suppose

LEGI0N47

What! you don't have to face down Deathstroke every 3rd match or so? I havn't seen any Aquamans in a while, watch me have him every other match today now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you b1 link into special does it auto correct? Have to hit training mode I suppose
Depends. Double punch will not, venom upper won't, but command grab sometimes will. If you want to be flashy, do b.11 command grab.
If it hits, it connects, if it misses it SHOULD turn you.

LEGI0N47

Depends. Double punch will not, venom upper won't, but command grab sometimes will. If you want to be flashy, do b.11 command grab.
If it hits, it connects, if it misses it SHOULD turn you.
That would be pleasing if it did and is reliable. I stopped the input for it after the reversed b1, f1 came out.

LEGI0N47

Deathstoke is the understood go to counter pick after a loss for many people lol
LOL, yes, yes it is...or Superman...they both irritate me. I've actually had a lot of "oh you beat me, I'll be nightwing and use staff." Does not work out for them in my experience :D

B11 won't link to cmd grab if the b11 hits or I'm mistaken? I haven't hit the lab in a while, so that's my project tonight I suppose.

B11 won't link to cmd grab if the b11 hits or I'm mistaken? I haven't hit the lab in a while, so that's my project tonight I suppose.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I main Bane and use Sinestro, Lex and BA as backup characters. They play a different style and I love their gameplay. Lex in particular

So what I've found is that, as someone else mentioned, a neutral jump is good for Ares' teleport. Also, there is a weird thing going on with a well timed B1. He won't actually teleport behind you. He'll do his teleport animation but end up in front of you facing the other direction. You can cancel the B1 into a command grab that will snag him after he reappears. If you're timing is wrong though, he'll teleport behind you.

It seems unique to B1. I can't get it to work with anything else. But this is pretty solid it seems. Needs testing in game though.

Well, it's not actually canceling into a command grab because it doesn't combo. It just feels like it. The timing ont he command grab is slightly delayed after the b1.

Edit: It will work with other specials too because you aren't actually comboing them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So what I've found is that, as someone else mentioned, a neutral jump is good for Ares' teleport. Also, there is a weird thing going on with a well timed B1. He won't actually teleport behind you. He'll do his teleport animation but end up in front of you facing the other direction. You can cancel the B1 into a command grab that will snag him after he reappears. If you're timing is wrong though, he'll teleport behind you.

It seems unique to B1. I can't get it to work with anything else. But this is pretty solid it seems. Needs testing in game though.

Well, it's not actually canceling into a command grab because it doesn't combo. It just feels like it. The timing ont he command grab is slightly delayed after the b1.

Edit: It will work with other specials too because you aren't actually comboing them.
See what I mean? Also I don't mean link directly into the cmd grab, I just mean the basic b.1 normal throw type of thing.

See what I mean? Also I don't mean link directly into the cmd grab, I just mean the basic b.1 normal throw type of thing.
This isn't auto correct. He teleports and stays in front of you instead of teleporting behind you. It's got something to do with the b1 hitting invincible frames and knockback.

If you're timing is perfect you can hit a b112 and the second 1 will hit him, but you have to delay the second 1 or something. It's hard to get it to happen.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This isn't auto correct. He teleports and stays in front of you instead of teleporting behind you. It's got something to do with the b1 hitting invincible frames and knockback.
Eh, I don't know what to call it so I just say "auto correct". We need a name...

Maybe the Aug?