What's new

Back Forward Input problem

Audit

Falls down too much
Thank god im not the only one having problems. Im having trouble MB some strings with Quan. His warlock 1,2,1+2 string throws opponent into a portal if you MB. But i get mixed results all the time. Never had this problem in Injustice meter burning.
I don't really have any issues with just specials, but I am having trouble cancelling into a MB. I think I just have to be better at hitting both buttons as the same time.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I play with the xbox 1 controller and haven't had a single problem with any character inputs yet...
Because this problem seems exclusive to the PS4 pad. Execution is not "tighter". This problem also exists in Injustice. I know because Zod has many b, f commands.

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
I'm more annoyed with the EX specials.
They worked much better in Injustice, they should have kept it that way.
They can't, because in MK X implemented both techs - Ex specials AND Meter burn. For example - Scorpion's Spears, you can spend 1 Meter for Ex Special (double spears) and spend another bar of Meter to Meter burn it - sending fire through the spear chain.

I guess intention was to give more flexibility.

It is second day out and MK X is... is just different, everybody (except pros like Sonic fox, PL, Tyrant...:p ) need to adjust to a new gamestyle.

P.S. god, I can't get this run mechanics straight! :mad: Muscle memory be damned !

mgoss

Noob
I'm using a HitBox and most special are easy to execute. However, strings into specials are weird. Also, for some reason reptiles dd3 only works for me like 40% of the time. The ex version happens like never for me. You think it be super easy on a hitbox but shit just doesn't work for me.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It's also worth nothing that you can't input strings off a jump-in punch lightning fast like you could in MK9. It actually requires the inputs be executed at a slightly slower pace, otherwise it'll completely skip your first input after the JIP and your second input will come out.

It'll be interesting to see how that affects hit-confirms.

Medina4life

Media Master
You guys can turn on "alternate controls" to do half circle motions instead of a strict back forward/forward back input. It'll be more comfortable for the players on pads who typically did circle motions on the d-pad when doing those kinds of specials.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So I've realized that there's a thread specifically dedicated to my finding (this one), so I decided to repost myself here. Please, tell me if you notice something similar. Even if you're stick/pad player, can you please compare left-to-right and right-to-left bf inputs and how they work for you?

So I've noticed something, but I don't know if it's just me, my KB or something else. When my character is facing right (P1 position), I can input bf moves pretty much freely. This is because you don't have to even release b before hitting the rest of the buttons and you can do this even if you're very hasty with them. However, when facing left I must release b well before pressing anything else otherwise, for example, b2 will come out instead of bf2. Very annoying, and I'm not sure why is that.

Sometimes I feel that I need to even wait after releasing b before I press f... It's pretty bad.

Can anybody with KB/hibox test? Or at least compare your success inputting bf left-to-right and right-to-left?