What's new

Back Forward Input problem

3Lifts

Noob
Today i played MKX for the first time, and couldnt even do attacks like reptiles dash consistently. In MK9 i would just slide with my thumb and hit back + down forward and the attack would came out .. But in MKX it feels like i have to press back slowly and then forward ?? This input feels so hard in MKX.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Holy christ, this.

Can't do ANY specials consistently, can get a clone out like 1/5 times, Ermac's push like 1/10. Never had a problem with my 360 pad and must have played like 30000+ games on MK9.

Really discouraging.

Oh thank christ it wasn't just me. I seem to be having heaps of trouble cancelling into KL's spin as well after his 11212 string :/ A complete roll of the dice currently as to whether most of the specials come out.

Input windows feel like they are smaller in this game, you will get used to it.
It's the ps4 pad I think, at least for me. Normally my ps2 pad or fightpad would not respond to a back forward motion like that. I sometimes get a jump when I do a back forward jump motion. I have the same problem with a down up motion. Diagonal inputs are fine.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I was studying this earlier. I noticed that if you try to do a move like Cassie's flipkick (db2) you have to make sure you get the STRAIGHT inputs. In MK9 you could do stuff like d,d+b,2 and you'd still get the special to come out. This works in the neutral game of MKX if you have INPUT SHORTCUTS turned on in the controller preset options. But when you are canceling strings into specials it seems this has no effect.... you must input it clean when cancelling. Getting diagonal inputs in the middle is okay as long as you get the straight inputs in there.

Yeah you have to get used to it. At first I thought It was me but now I'm doing just fine.

Just try not to get so frustrated about it and try it out in different ways till you're conditioned enough

loogie

Noob
It's the ps4 pad I think, at least for me. Normally my ps2 pad or fightpad would not respond to a back forward motion like that. I sometimes get a jump when I do a back forward jump motion. I have the same problem with a down up motion. Diagonal inputs are fine.
actually, it's not the pad :) because I had the same problem on my Xb1 pad then tried it on the ps4 pad and still it was not consistent. but now no issues, I got used to it. so not having as much trouble as day1 on the bf inputs.

D

Deleted member 9158

I had issues with any input that was Back+Down/Forward+Down on my xbox one pad. For instance, Mileena's roll or Cassie's Nut cracker would come out 1-2/10. I just started using the actual stick on the controller for those inputs and it's working a lot better for me.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Input windows feel like they are smaller in this game, you will get used to it.
actually, it's not the pad :) because I had the same problem on my Xb1 pad then tried it on the ps4 pad and still it was not consistent. but now no issues, I got used to it. so not having as much trouble as day1 on the bf inputs.
It is definitely not the pad. I use a Hori Fighting Commander which has a SUPER sensitive DPad and mained Kenshi/Kabal in MK9 and and I am having issues. Perticularly from right to left. From left to right I am just fine.

You have to input it as two motions. It has nothing to do with the window becuase you can input it rather slowly. It has to do with the way the game reads BDF and not changing that to BF.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yeah i just can't get used to Mileena's roll input BD4... I allways want to push DB4 instead.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's ok guys, just try command grabs T_T
Funny enough, I had no problems with those dfb/dbf inputs although I hated them since IGAU. bf, on the other hand, feels clunky. I didn't expect to drop it that much.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Same shit with Kenshi's TP push. BF2, but for some reason I mostly end up just jumping backwards etc.. Dunno, maybe Im im pressing bf too fast.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
They will eventually get easier. One method is to go into training mode is to do the move you want to learn and look at the inputs you did for the move to work or not work. With more time and practice any additional inputs that might have been done you will naturally remove to get a clean input every time for your move to work.

coolwhip

Noob
At first I thought it was the PS4 pad too (still kinda do, actually). Anyway, I've learned how to solve this by playing the guitar, where if you're facing a challenging guitar lick/arpeggio or whatever, and it's coming off sloppy, you break it down into pieces, try to isolate the problem, work on that and eventually it'll come together. That's sort of what I've been doing, as doing stuff like cross over teleports with Kung Lao or jump kicks into teleport was annoying. So for example, for a cross over teleport, you need to actively think about pressing up+forward (for the cross over) and then, instead of sliding your fingers, separately press down + up.

Aramonde

Noob
Thank god im not the only one having problems. Im having trouble MB some strings with Quan. His warlock 1,2,1+2 string throws opponent into a portal if you MB. But i get mixed results all the time. Never had this problem in Injustice meter burning.