What's new

Back Forward Input problem

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Thank god im not the only one having problems. Im having trouble MB some strings with Quan. His warlock 1,2,1+2 string throws opponent into a portal if you MB. But i get mixed results all the time. Never had this problem in Injustice meter burning.
If Cyberkano's burnable string is of any indication, then you gotta MB it right before the last hit. Maybe even buffer into second, not sure.

Honestly, the combo System in this game needs to be compared to injustice and not mk9. Mk9 was very input friendly. unless you were doing a time restricted combo like reptiles old 321 dash njp.. you could press the combo has fast and messy has you needed to oN the directional pad. You could be done with the combo and the animation still in effect on screen for a solid second or two. Injustice combo and special timing seemed to be a lot more strict with the timing.. mkx feels like a balanced mix of the two. This is only my opinion. I feel more injustice in mkx than I do mk9.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Honestly, the combo System in this game needs to be compared to injustice and not mk9. Mk9 was very input friendly. unless you were doing a time restricted combo like reptiles old 321 dash njp.. you could press the combo has fast and messy has you needed to oN the directional pad. You could be done with the combo and the animation still in effect on screen for a solid second or two. Injustice combo and special timing seemed to be a lot more strict with the timing.. mkx feels like a balanced mix of the two. This is only my opinion. I feel more injustice in mkx than I do mk9.
This game does feel more to Injustice for me too.
I think the main reason is the pase of the action.
Infact, MK9 feels hella sluggish when you have played Injustice (or MKX as of now).

Yeah, the issue appears to be there's significantly less leniancy if you have an extra direction press floating in there.

I'm finding things like back -> down-forward -> forward
aren't registering as back -> forward like they used to.

I would definitely like to have an option for the old input window. But otherwise, I will just have to get used to this.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm more annoyed with the EX specials.
They worked much better in Injustice, they should have kept it that way.
It's not always possible though. I'm annoyed sometimes too, but when you're looking at something that should be altered by meter burning from like the first frame, then you gotta go with old MK scheme.

Had to rearrange my controls, but I'm good now I think. Still not used to it, but it's ok.

JaeTea

Noob
eah, the issue appears to be there's significantly less leniancy if you have an extra direction press floating in there.

I'm finding things like back -> down-forward -> forward
aren't registering as back -> forward like they used to.

I would definitely like to have an option for the old input window. But otherwise, I will just have to get used to this.
Well glad its not just me. I was about to throw my controller out the window attempting mileena's ball roll. Seem pressing back, down comes out more consistently than back, db, down

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Is it cause you can turn release check off? And didn't mk9 not have the option to turn it off?

Dark

Noob
I thought that was just me as well.. I thought it was just the ps4 pad being different than the ps3 pad but I guess not.

When I first started playing I kept accidentally jumping and crap while doing forward back motions, I think I've gotten mostly used to it now(although it seems very awkward and harder when doing the motions still)

But I still can't do that down back forward stuff worth shit

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Here's another big issue I'm having.
When I try to forward dash and immediately block it initiates the run.
It's very annoying than you actually cant block straight after a dash.
Unless I am missing something here?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well, you should wait past run input window, I suppose.

KH Royale

The truth is out..
Try pressing back right before blocking. It should help.

ruff321

Noob
You have to commit to the full dash. This is why you should be careful when youre dashing forward. So in this game you have to wait till your dash is done, THEN you can block. If you want to move forward and have the ability to block, you have to use run which require stamina.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
You have to commit to the full dash. This is why you should be careful when youre dashing forward. So in this game you have to wait till your dash is done, THEN you can block. If you want to move forward and have the ability to block, you have to use run which require stamina.
Thanks, but someone already sorted out my issue.
If I dash and immediately press black and block it works fine.

ruff321

Noob
Thanks, but someone already sorted out my issue.
If I dash and immediately press black and block it works fine.
Yeah I misread your question. I also have that problem and Royale just made my day. Now I can just dash forward without triggering run by pressing back. Good shit

IROC

WP IROC
Ah in not the only obe i see. Scorps spear is hard to pull off on the strings. Yet i have his setups and teleports almost mastered, but that damn b,f,1 spear off of any string is like 3/10 times. Its costing me lol.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
At first I thought it was the PS4 pad too (still kinda do, actually). Anyway, I've learned how to solve this by playing the guitar, where if you're facing a challenging guitar lick/arpeggio or whatever, and it's coming off sloppy, you break it down into pieces, try to isolate the problem, work on that and eventually it'll come together. That's sort of what I've been doing, as doing stuff like cross over teleports with Kung Lao or jump kicks into teleport was annoying. So for example, for a cross over teleport, you need to actively think about pressing up+forward (for the cross over) and then, instead of sliding your fingers, separately press down + up.
It cool that you do that. I hit the buttons over and over and listen to the rhythm the buttons get pressed when it works. Essentially I just try to replicate that rhythm and it works out. I had alot of trouble exing specials and this helped. This game requires far more execution than I though but I'm adapting.