What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

serge

Noob
Not only does PD reset the opponent as DiZzy pointed out, but that MB 8% unscaled damage is huge especially at the end of a 44% combo that makes it go up to 52% for 1 bar. I kill a lot of opponents with that poison DoT it's so good. It just has awkward input but you'll get used to it.

Katt

Magnet
I understand 2d3-nerf. I didn't use it, but I understand why it had to go. The real problem is that they didn't give her something else or a slight buff to make her more viable.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
I completely agree about the PD, its just to awkward to input during a combo for me. I usually end my combos with her gunshot.

Contribute where you can, help where you can, have fun always.
I like that Webs, u gonna copyright that lol :)

But any of you guys play on xbox, cause I def want to play and see how u guys play yalls HQ and pick up some more tips and tricks with her

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I completely agree about the PD, its just to awkward to input during a combo for me. I usually end my combos with her gunshot.
Main appeal of PD ender is that it removes oki as a factor, robbing the opponent of his invincible wake-up, if he has one. If he doesn't - PD is pretty pointless, your own oki game is better in that regard.

Use PD if your opponent's wakeups really give you trouble. I'd advice trying to catch for a reset, most of the time you can bait their wakeups into MB B3 and yell "HOMERUN!".

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Main appeal of PD ender is that it removes oki as a factor, robbing the opponent of his invincible wake-up, if he has one. If he doesn't - PD is pretty pointless, your own oki game is better in that regard.

Use PD if your opponent's wakeups really give you trouble. I'd advice trying to catch for a reset, most of the time you can bait their wakeups into MB B3 and yell "HOMERUN!".
LMAO now I may have to start doing that lol.
I def see where your coming from with the wakeups, but for me I have been playing HQ a little more on reaction then a gunho style, where if they wake-up I'll just B22 after block. I know that annoys alot of the DS players that try to do there flip sword on wakeup.
But I'll def hit up the gym and try to get it down on the fly.

natey2k4

Noob
I understand 2d3-nerf. I didn't use it, but I understand why it had to go. The real problem is that they didn't give her something else or a slight buff to make her more viable.
Exactly - they nerfed her and that's fine, but they didn't buff anything. She has one of, if not the most useless trait in the game (especially since Joker's was buffed a bit). It's just terrible.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
Players who consistently get hit by mix ups are the ones who don't understand you say? Seriously?
Yeah, I was too hasty/pithy/eager to be optimistic about this. Mea culpa.

I suspect the reasoning behind the nerf might actually be that the +frames were so good with the command grab. Eh, moving on.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
PD is duckable. If you actually got them to not duck at some point, you need to capitalize on that real fast with something better.

Katt

Magnet
You should NEVER use PD outside of a combo. As it's been obviously mentioned earlier it's a high and people will keep blocking low against Harley because of how amazingly terrifying b22 is.

If you do land a PD on a standing opponent, you do 10% or 17% with mb. This means that your opponent didn't duck.
This means that in this exact situation, if you did b22 instead you'd get at least 39% WITH a PD-ending for the same oki.

b22 is also faster by 2 frames and have better range.

The proof is in the pudding.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
So happy about the Harley nerfs. She was cluttering online way too much and it was getting pretty tiring smacking her around in this game. Joker smacks her around enough as it is in the comics so doing it a lot in the game gets stale ya know. Great job by NRS! :joker:

First of all The white stripes > jack white and whoever

Second, if this aint a troll then im absolutely dumbfounded. Harley and joker are like the 2 rarest chars to find online. Fighting a good one is like a treasure to me lol

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
So happy about the Harley nerfs. She was cluttering online way too much and it was getting pretty tiring smacking her around in this game. Joker smacks her around enough as it is in the comics so doing it a lot in the game gets stale ya know. Great job by NRS! :joker:
I want to know where you play to see Harley's, I have seen every character but her.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I was joking... I thought that was obvious. This was also pretty sarcastic. I NEVER find Harleys.
I did find quite a few. Some who actually main her, and some naive enough to actually counterpick in a mirror match.

Only one of them presented a challenge to me and none was really better, sadly.

Katt

Magnet
Nobody (worth fighting) will ever block standing against wakeup Harley. And in this situation as well, if they did get hit by PD then wakeup tantrum would've hit, but for 3++ times as much damage.

Greven

Noob
i just found that EX PD does 18% instead of the 16 in the wiki
8 additional unscaled dmg is huge imo and for only one meter burn