What's new

Atrocitus Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Gear/Skin ideas

Atrocity Butcher with the horns and bull legs is badass. Seems like just a simple Head/Legs gear set would do this.

Dictator Atrocitus with trench coat/jeans (not military uniform) could be a neat alternative if done well.

WoodyMeteor

THAT guy
I don't know if he's going to continue to be top Tier right now but he's for sure......ALL THE RAGE over there on Twitter. :rolleyes:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I wish they removed his 50/50s

He doesn't need them I'm wrecking most people without them, the only time I find myself using mostly them is in mirrors

WoodyMeteor

THAT guy

He doesn't need them I'm wrecking most people without them, the only time I find myself using mostly them is in mirrors
I would assume the "pro tournaments" are what's going to decide all that stuff. I'm sure you can dominate the scrubs online with anything. Atroc is like Zod. he needs da' 50's imo cuz he is slow.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

ye shield into f223 a tad potato, if the made it midmidmidoverhead be nice (hate to be the guy complaining about balance in a 6 char beta so sorry for that tym police)

I would assume the "pro tournaments" are what's going to decide all that stuff. I'm sure you can dominate the scrubs online with anything. Atroc is like Zod. he needs da' 50's imo cuz he is slow.
dont mean to sound like a smartarse here but do u have the beta?
he has a long ranged 6 frame d1, 12 frame advancing mid and a 7 frame aa move that nets mad damage. thats slow to you? his b2/f2 not too fast ill give u that but the have lot of range
his walkspeed/jump is slow because he can cover himself in a plus shield or shoot a plus frame projectile while moving forward, u want him to be able to do that and have blue beetle like walk speed?

WoodyMeteor

THAT guy
STOP SHOUTING AT ME!!!!!!!
been playing "rage" atroc too much. :)
ye shield into f223 a tad potato, if the made it midmidmidoverhead be nice (hate to be the guy complaining about balance in a 6 char beta so sorry for that tym police)

dont mean to sound like a smartarse here but do u have the beta?
he has a long ranged 6 frame d1, 12 frame advancing mid and a 7 frame aa move that nets mad damage. thats slow to you? his b2/f2 not too fast ill give u that but the have lot of range
his walkspeed/jump is slow because he can cover himself in a plus shield or shoot a plus frame projectile while moving forward, u want him to be able to do that and have blue beetle like walk speed?
"Everyone" has a 6 frame down one(or 7). Long ranged is just better for a slow walk speed. What's the 12 frame advancing mid on block again? That's important. Which leaves out the 7 frame aa. That's good. He needs it. It is completely relevant he needs 50/50's when you have bad mobility. Nightwing anyone? Remember staff stance. Amazing 50/50's with GREAT range and speed but HORRIBLE mobility balanced it. I hope this makes sense.

InFlames

dead
been playing "rage" atroc too much. :)

"Everyone" has a 6 frame down one(or 7). Long ranged is just better for a slow walk speed. What's the 12 frame advancing mid on block again? That's important. Which leaves out the 7 frame aa. That's good. He needs it. It is completely relevant he needs 50/50's when you have bad mobility. Nightwing anyone? Remember staff stance. Amazing 50/50's with GREAT range and speed but HORRIBLE mobility balanced it. I hope this makes sense.
his mobility is fine. He has the most range out of anyone in the beta with his normals along with high damaging combos ending in DOT and an amazing trait. He doesn't need that 50/50.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hope they change the trait shield to not come out after he is hit, as currently you can stop people doing the correct thing of mb b3ing after blocking a puddle when trait is on by pressing shield right before the b3 hits and the shield will turn on while in the air :/

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I played him in the Beta, I'll share some thoughts.

Blood Puddle is an excellent move that will trade very well, I'm curious to see how it works against some of our standing zoners here. Though it seemed to be able to punish jump ins, dealing with zoning that came from the air was difficult.(in the Beta we had Supergirl, Superman and Blue Beetle who's air projectiles made it tough.) Depending on how well blood puddle works matchups like Deadshot might not be that bad from a zoning perspective, by virtue of being able to trade with BP against standing zoning.

Meter seemed very important for Atrocitus as he needs it to get damage off of Blood Puddle when trait isn't out.

That said, you didn't always need meter to convert of Blood Puddle. IIRC stuff like 22~Puddle would combo, you could do d1~punchwalk after a puddle up close(it seemed weirdly distance dependent), and in the corner you'd more easily combo off it without meter.

Up rage breath was a nice anti air that could work as anti crossup and you could combo off of it in the corner.

F12 was my go to for air conversions and seemed like a decent anti air. It also was great for Dex Starr ball pressure. F123 was slightly plus on block and you could option select f123~punchwalk. If you input punch walk after the string it will come out on hit but not on block. F123 does have a gap before the three though.

In the beta, Batman had to hold pressure from rage breath on block unlike other characters. It will be interesting to see if this is a MU dependent thing or if they cleaned it up.

Without trait or meter, he may be forced to to play a more defensive style unless you want to go hard with his 50/50 string, in which you can be punished tough for blood puddle.

His real dirt comes from his trait in Dex-Starr. Dex-Starr gives Atrocitus nasty pressure, access to some strings that I believe launch for corner combos and are plus, the ability to convert off of a ton of different things without meter and gives him(albeit temporary) solid zoning and a great counterzoning tool in the shield. The shield is also a great anti air.

Chucking out f12 on block followed up by differing speeds of energy balls made for great pressure, and the instant activating shield could let you be cheeky. It usually led to free throws and lots of meter gain.

Any where you could do a EX blood puddle, you could do a Dex-Starr energy ball for that extra juggle, so having Dex out will grant meterless combos out of whatever and possibly much more damage. F123 becomes a hit confirmable launcher, punch walk becomes hit confirmable into corner combos or a little extra damage using either ball or shield.

He also had that blood absorb thing which grants access to a sort of AOE explosive launcher, that could be really good if people can find a good way to get it out.

His Super is very good anti air.

Ultimately I think how good he's going to be will be dependent on how sick Atrocitus players can make him during his trait, but they'll also have to be creative to open people up with out trait in ways that don't involve just yoloing with his 50/50.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Does anyone know his gear moves?
In the Beta I had a few.

He has one that changes Dex-starr's hairballs into rage breath, I found it to be shit, perhaps in some MUs where zoning isn't that important it would be good. If Dex wasn't close to the enemy it would completely whiff and was all around more annoying to use then the hairball.

I can't remember if the Dex-Starr restand special was a gear move or not.

He had one, perhaps it was called Blood Pillar? It was like an short AOE blast that you could meter burn for full combo, kind of like Black Adam's lightning cage thing.

He had Blood Push which was a two slot move that gave a nice knockback and the EX was Mystic push like.

I think there was one that made his blood drain into a meter drain.

That's all I remember.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I don´t know why everybody is sleeping on this character.
Does anybody who has already the game notice any change from the beta? I didn´t play it so I´m curious to see if the stuff from it is also viable now and/or which are the changes
I love the potential of the trait and the brawler stype of Atrocitus

RexxyC

what's done is done
I don´t know why everybody is sleeping on this character.
Does anybody who has already the game notice any change from the beta? I didn´t play it so I´m curious to see if the stuff from it is also viable now and/or which are the changes
I love the potential of the trait and the brawler stype of Atrocitus
I'm not sure either, i'm keeping an eye on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.