What's new

Atrocitus Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm not really certain either. It probably lets you release them in the same manner as when he could call the Batarangs before. With the crown of bats on someone though it'd mean they wouldn't exactly be dodgeable though so it'd allow him to pressure more. If you started hitting buttons trying to zone you would have a bad time because there would be no chance to recover in time to dodge a bat with them right on top of you like that. I sure as hell wouldn't air tech for a bar with those on. I'd be handing them a free reset!

We should save this for the Batman thread though. We're getting off topic.

I'm really pumped for Atrocitus pressure with that aura and Dex Starr right now. I'm hoping Blood Nado startup is fast enough I can use it to counter some zoners since it homes.
Yea looking at his tools it seems like AtroDex is gonna win most zoning wars. With the Swarm puddle, Low blast, and DexTrait commands the space control is gonna be strong. His damage looks good too. What I'm looking at is his DexStar abilities all seem to be fast with startup and recovery except the grab (which is understandable). Fingers crossed for it remaining that way throughout the testing cycle.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Check out some of the highlights from Sonic Fox at E3 on how Atrocitus plays.

SonicFox confirms the following:

• Walk speeds better than MKX
  • VERY neutral game. He hasn't encountered a 50/50 yet
  • you can spend a bar of meter for an AIR TECH but can be reset for it.
  • you can spend a bar of meter to meter burn your dash and do a dodge roll to roll through someone
    [*]Atrocitus has a life drain move
    [*]Atrocitus is like Sinestro/Zod
    [*]Atrocitus has a tracking low puddle that lifts you
    [*]Atrocitus has some crazy block string stuff using Dex Starr
  • Batman can now put his batarangs AROUND you and release them anytime (Vergil?) and a his B113/B112 strings are different now. Seems to have relatively same combos
  • Supergir's F3 has her do a flip and if spaced right can cause left/rights
  • you can block neutral down
  • RETURN OF F23

HUGE stuff here.
Awesome, thanks for gathering this information @SonicFox5000 and for posting it @shaowebb! Ah, ok so that Red Aura move that Atrocitus does must be the life drain move in this video at 2:00. It also looks like Dex-Starr trait has a shield option too.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
He looks like Special Forces Sonya to me since his normals don't look that long range and Dex-Starr is analogous to the Drone.

I'd be interested to know whether his tackle > vomit move is an actual command grab or just a regular special like Jax's Gotcha.

I really like his up-spit Anti-Air. Tired of not having good AA in MKX. Looks like it starts up fast too.

And I'm assuming his punchfloat thing is a string, and not a special like punchwalk, since he seems to cancel it into specials.

His zoning via Dex-Starr looks decent, it seems to cover most angles, but because it's tied to Dex-Starr, he won't have it available all the time.

Only complaint right now? Wish his napalm blood looked more liquid, like it does in comics. Here it looks like Diablo's fire/lightning. Maybe it's just an early build placeholder.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I actually think the Punch walk float thing is a 2 in1 cancelable special which if we have 2 in 1 cancelable punchwalks...god help us all.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I've actually played a lot of atrocitus at both E3 and Gamescom.

If you guys have any questions, just ask me. I'm familiar with his moves and strings. He's also been changed a bit since E3.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
She has more than scorpion's tele. It's a high by itself, but she can MB it when she reaches the opposite side and punches overhead. Think of it like Scorpion's Tele and Jax's dash punch combined.
That is going to catch a lot of people off guard for the first few days, guarantee it.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
She has more than scorpion's tele. It's a high by itself, but she can MB it when she reaches the opposite side and punches overhead. Think of it like Scorpion's Tele and Jax's dash punch combined.
Now that I like. But this is Atrocitus's page so I ask this.

Punchfloat: Is the extension from MB on hit or a command grab extension like Kano's airball. Also is it a high into mids.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

If you guys have any questions, just ask me. I'm familiar with his moves and strings. He's also been changed a bit since E3.
You probably don't have much time but I'd greatly appreciate if you told us everything you know about him. Thx in advance !

PND_Ketchup

Now that I like. But this is Atrocitus's page so I ask this.

Punchfloat: Is the extension from MB on hit or a command grab extension like Kano's airball. Also is it a high into mids.
Punchwalk is a standalone special. The grab at the end is just an extension but as far as I remember, not a command grab. It's just a higher damage ender.

It's really fast though, so a decent wakeup and can convert off a high blood lift from far ranges. blood lift into MB into blood lift punchwalk to get damage from jump distance if they aren't blocking low.

PND_Ketchup

You probably don't have much time but I'd greatly appreciate if you told us everything you know about him. Thx in advance !
Mustard and I did a video on Atrocitus and Grodd after E3, the atrocitus stuff is pretty similar, except for one big nerf.

He used to be able to do Blood lift, MB, then hit another blood lift, then mb again. He could do this as long as he had bar for MB. It gave him crazy damage and a full combo anywhere on screen. He can only do one MB blood lift per combo now, so if you wanna loop it more than once, you'll need trait.

With trait you can regular blood lift into trait shot, which lets you b23 into blood lift, as b23 restands.

The combo used to be b23 blood lift mb, b23 blood lift MB, B3 into either jump in b23 or just raw b23 punchwalk. Did like 55% or something.

At gamescom i had to change it to b23 blood lift, trait shot, b23 blood lift MB b3 etc. You get the idea.

This is all hella basic though, didnt have time to search much. You can b23 into his blood regen though, then obviously you can MB that later to be an attack, so i dunno how that would work.

TLDR: Trait allows him to play his game, and it makes everything safe and extends combos. It's like sinestros old shot but he hasnt got a limit, its just a meter that takes longer to go down than sinestros shots did to disappear. You pretty much have to hold everything until his trait runs out. I guess you could push block, but i dont remember push block making it vanish. He used to get big damage off looping blood lift, but he cant do that anymore.

B23 is a great string and b2 is a sick mid. He has other strings as well, but b23 is the one you're likely going to use the most, especially with trait.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Mustard and I did a video on Atrocitus and Grodd after E3, the atrocitus stuff is pretty similar, except for one big nerf.

He used to be able to do Blood lift, MB, then hit another blood lift, then mb again. He could do this as long as he had bar for MB. It gave him crazy damage and a full combo anywhere on screen. He can only do one MB blood lift per combo now, so if you wanna loop it more than once, you'll need trait.

With trait you can regular blood lift into trait shot, which lets you b23 into blood lift, as b23 restands.

The combo used to be b23 blood lift mb, b23 blood lift MB, B3 into either jump in b23 or just raw b23 punchwalk. Did like 55% or something.

At gamescom i had to change it to b23 blood lift, trait shot, b23 blood lift MB b3 etc. You get the idea.

This is all hella basic though, didnt have time to search much. You can b23 into his blood regen though, then obviously you can MB that later to be an attack, so i dunno how that would work.

TLDR: Trait allows him to play his game, and it makes everything safe and extends combos. It's like sinestros old shot but he hasnt got a limit, its just a meter that takes longer to go down than sinestros shots did to disappear. You pretty much have to hold everything until his trait runs out. I guess you could push block, but i dont remember push block making it vanish. He used to get big damage off looping blood lift, but he cant do that anymore.

B23 is a great string and b2 is a sick mid. He has other strings as well, but b23 is the one you're likely going to use the most, especially with trait.
Thank you this seems almost enough for me. One more question though, is he execution heavy or pretty easy to pick up, fuck around in practice mode and play?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

I just have a couple of questions right now;
1. Roughly how plus is his B23 restand?
2. Roughly how long does his trait last?

This character seems really interesting to me. Like Summoner Quan but with more emphasis on pressure to open people up when he's up close instead of mixups.

PND_Ketchup

I just have a couple of questions right now;
1. Roughly how plus is his B23 restand?
2. Roughly how long does his trait last?

This character seems really interesting to me. Like Summoner Quan but with more emphasis on pressure to open people up when he's up close instead of mixups.
His trait lasted a solid amount of time. At least 6 seconds. Using a trait move will make the meter go down faster though, so you can't just hammer out moves and still keep it for longer.

His b23 restand didn't seem that plus from what I remember, it's more to just get them locked down again. I can see B23 into a blocked trait shot being + for example. But again, I can't remember too much about it other than securing a punchwalk. I'm sure he can do more.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

So you would say so far Atrocitus feels like more of a zoning character? Does he have OH/Low mixups? How is his pressure and does he seem to have good staggers? Good vortexes? Was the lifesteal move worth using in the build you played, and if so, when do you have time to use it--is it worth sacrificing a combo ender for?

How is his mobility? Is the AA spit as good as it looks? Does it give you an erection when he vomits on people?

PND_Ketchup

So you would say so far Atrocitus feels like more of a zoning character? Does he have OH/Low mixups? How is his pressure and does he seem to have good staggers? Good vortexes? Was the lifesteal move worth using in the build you played, and if so, when do you have time to use it--is it worth sacrificing a combo ender for?

How is his mobility? Is the AA spit as good as it looks? Does it give you an erection when he vomits on people?
No 50/50. Didn't seem to have a low starter. can't really zone without trait as blood lift has insane recovery. Can pressure really well when trait is active. Lifesteal seems like something you need to explore, I didn't have time to really get stuck into it.

His restand has potential but it looks like if you wanna restand outright you have to sacrifice damage. He had a good reversal and currently hit really hard.

he just seems like a very solid character to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.