What's new

Atrocitus Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Atrocitus is one big mutha of a Red Lantern and we so far have seen his boot and thats it. My big speculation question though...will he be like Ferra Torr and have his lifetime pal Dex Starr with him?

Discuss, speculate and have fun. What do you feel your dream Atrocitus would play like?
For me, its utilizing a deadly Red Lantern kitty cat as a ranged option/mixup lolcat and rushing it down with armored attacks like Doomsday 2.0.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Honestly outside of Batman movies and Poison Ivy I never really got into DC comics or their characters that much. I was alway more into Marvel. However back when Injustice: Gods Among Us was announced I did my research on the current run of New 52 run of DC comics and I ended up liking the Red Lanterns,Lantern Mythos,Animal Man, and Swamp Thing a lot. So I'm really excited that Atrocitus is in Injustice 2 and now I officially have a main for a DC fighting game!

So far it looks like Atrocitus is going to be a power house type characters with big damage and has a legit Beast Mode going on when he changes gears into looking like the Butcher Entity. I'm glad that Dex-Starr makes a cameo appearance,Ha! I think that @legion666 might be right and Dex-Starr could end up being an item in one of Atrocitu's Gears. Maybe Dex-Starr will be like an assist move of some kind.

I would be hyped for other Red Lanterns like Bleez,Ratchet,Skallox,Zox,ect but I understand how that might be too much Red Lanterns for everyone else. So if there are more Lanterns in Injustice 2 besides Atrocitus,Green Lantern, and Sinestro. I think Larfleeze and a Star Sapphire would be good additions to the INJ2 roster as well as a Blue Lantern and Indigo Tribe member.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Hmm...Dex-starr isn't in some scenes with Atrocitus. This means one of two things.

1. Traits are back and Dex-Starr is a trait like Zodd's monster.
  2. Variations are in and Dex-Starr is variation only.
I get the feeling Dex-Starr is trait only though. Not a Ferra Torr situation. Definitely badass though. Doom kitty is in!

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Hmm...Dex-starr isn't in some scenes with Atrocitus. This means one of two things.

1. Traits are back and Dex-Starr is a trait like Zodd's monster.
  2. Variations are in and Dex-Starr is variation only.
I get the feeling Dex-Starr is trait only though. Not a Ferra Torr situation. Definitely badass though. Doom kitty is in!
Or he could be a gear thing, maybe? I thought he would just be a special move but since he's there in his intro at the beginning I dunno.

shaowebb

Or he could be a gear thing, maybe? But I get the feeling he's just a special move.
He was hovering around Atrocitus during the match in one scene so if he's not trait and a special it'd mean he's like a drone or something like Sonya had that attacks on command.

Here's hoping Atrocitus ends the match petting Dex-Starr and saying "good kitty" at some point.

axeman87

Noob
I'm just excited to see him make the cut this time, Dex-starr is an added bonus.

I think the Dex-starr could very well be a gear item. I'd be surprised if gear customization went too far into RPG territory (as some are worried about) as it detracts from the fundamentals of a fighting game. Rather, 'gear' items are simply multiple Traits items that you can unlock as you play and select at the start of the match like MKX Variations, or SFIV Supers. For Actrocitus, one of the gear items is a pet, Dex-starr.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I'm just excited to see him make the cut this time, Dex-starr is an added bonus.

I think the Dex-starr could very well be a gear item. I'd be surprised if gear customization went too far into RPG territory (as some are worried about) as it detracts from the fundamentals of a fighting game. Rather, 'gear' items are simply multiple Traits items that you can unlock as you play and select at the start of the match like MKX Variations, or SFIV Supers. For Actrocitus, one of the gear items is a pet, Dex-starr.
I agree. I have a feeling that the Gear system is simply an expansion on the Variation concept in MKX. They could probably end up being more like unlocking different "Variations" more than anything else.

Dex Starr might be one of the items of his gear you can aquire and add to his moveset)
Confirmed today Dexx Star is Atrocitus trait.

Also Atrocitus has Punchfloat! I dont care if its called something else in his move list, as a Goro player this is what i will refer to it as forever and i will be encouraging everyone who will listen (also people who wont) to do that same! lol

shaowebb

Atrocitus has what looks like a take on Kitana's fan lift and I'm not sure but he may have a Punchwalk like thing he can MB into a ground and pound. Sure looked like it to me.

I hope Sonicfox mains this dude now so he can summon his "fursona" of Dex Starr and then beat people up with fanlift combos again. The announcer commentary and salt would be amazing.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Atrocitus has what looks like a take on Kitana's fan lift and I'm not sure but he may have a Punchwalk like thing he can MB into a ground and pound. Sure looked like it to me.

I hope Sonicfox mains this dude now so he can summon his "fursona" of Dex Starr and then beat people up with fanlift combos again. The announcer commentary and salt would be amazing.
That move in the first gif seems a lot more like D'Vorah's Swarm. Heard it has tracking too.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I'm curious what is up with the move that Atrocitus did during the Supergirl match were he did an animation and then was glowing red for a while afterwards. I wonder if that is some kind of power up move that temporarily changes the statues of Atrocitus somehow. I noticed that Supergirl did it to but she was glowing light blue. Maybe it's some sort of universal mechanic?

shaowebb

Check out some of the highlights from Sonic Fox at E3 on how Atrocitus plays.

SonicFox confirms the following:

• Walk speeds better than MKX
  • VERY neutral game. He hasn't encountered a 50/50 yet
  • you can spend a bar of meter for an AIR TECH but can be reset for it.
  • you can spend a bar of meter to meter burn your dash and do a dodge roll to roll through someone
    [*]Atrocitus has a life drain move
    [*]Atrocitus is like Sinestro/Zod
    [*]Atrocitus has a tracking low puddle that lifts you
    [*]Atrocitus has some crazy block string stuff using Dex Starr
  • Batman can now put his batarangs AROUND you and release them anytime (Vergil?) and a his B113/B112 strings are different now. Seems to have relatively same combos
  • Supergir's F3 has her do a flip and if spaced right can cause left/rights
  • you can block neutral down
  • RETURN OF F23

HUGE stuff here.

shaowebb

Might be a bit off-topic but I heard it was a high and had less range now, though. Pretty sure either PL or SonicFox tweeted it.
Yeah, I heard that too. We'll see where that string ends up by launch lol. Its history is legendary.

I can't wait to test these Dex Starr pressure strings. I'm seeing that Atrocitus can activate this red aura that drains life so if I do that and start pressuring with trait out even on chip it'll be sweet. Considering how long lifts hold folks I hope they are within drain range the whole time if I point blank lift them with that aura on. Then I can just take my sweet time and get a full drain and combo :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
  • Batman can now put his batarangs AROUND you and release them anytime (Vergil?) and a his B113/B112 strings are different now. Seems to have relatively same combos
Release any time? I hope he can't do that while blocking. Would be insane for him to get free combos for blocking strings.

shaowebb

Release any time? I hope he can't do that while blocking. Would be insane for him to get free combos for blocking strings.
I'm not really certain either. It probably lets you release them in the same manner as when he could call the Batarangs before. With the crown of bats on someone though it'd mean they wouldn't exactly be dodgeable though so it'd allow him to pressure more. If you started hitting buttons trying to zone you would have a bad time because there would be no chance to recover in time to dodge a bat with them right on top of you like that. I sure as hell wouldn't air tech for a bar with those on. I'd be handing them a free reset!

We should save this for the Batman thread though. We're getting off topic.

I'm really pumped for Atrocitus pressure with that aura and Dex Starr right now. I'm hoping Blood Nado startup is fast enough I can use it to counter some zoners since it homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.