What's new

ASUS VH236H LCD Monitor - The Best (the EVO monitor)

I don't really know where to post this question but this thread seems to be the most suitable one. So a few days ago I got this tv as a present: Samsung Led tv 40 series 5 5500 Class ue40h5500aw. I am asking all tech experts to tell me whether this tv will lag for mortal kombat. If it lags I will return it if not I will have a nice tv for MKX when it comes out.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
I don't really know where to post this question but this thread seems to be the most suitable one. So a few days ago I got this tv as a present: Samsung Led tv 40 series 5 5500 Class ue40h5500aw. I am asking all tech experts to tell me whether this tv will lag for mortal kombat. If it lags I will return it if not I will have a nice tv for MKX when it comes out.
the 5500 series is one of the better LED tvs out there for the price, but the short answer is yes.... it will lag bad. if you are looking for a big tv with a very fast response time look up the Sony w802A. it comes in a 47" and I believe the response time is about 17m, which is amazing considering your Samsung is somewhere in the realm of 80+ ms response time.

the 5500 series is one of the better LED tvs out there for the price, but the short answer is yes.... it will lag bad. if you are looking for a big tv with a very fast response time look up the Sony w802A. it comes in a 47" and I believe the response time is about 17m, which is amazing considering your Samsung is somewhere in the realm of 80+ ms response time.
Damn thats too bad. Thanks for the info though!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I got an asus for myself last month so I can play halo (LBSH, fighting games are nowhere near as badly affected by the monitor choice as FPS games) and it was well worth the purchase.

I think it's an asus vx239

chores

bad at things
I got an asus for myself last month so I can play halo (LBSH, fighting games are nowhere near as badly affected by the monitor choice as FPS games) and it was well worth the purchase.

I think it's an asus vx239
agreed haha i originally bought mine for quakelive. still feels a little slow vs CRT but that thing had to go.

Need one of these now. Basically just qos, though many seem to say it's great.

http://www.netduma.com/
that seems gimmicky to me. like you said, just put your ps/xbox/computer on a white list for QoS and you are good to go. if you are concerned about router software being bloated there are entire communities devoted to open source router firmware for almost all commercially available routers.

monitors or generally better for gaming but if you are looking for a tv this site http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag uses the same testing methods as displaylag.com

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The Asus VH236H is discontinued because they replaced it with the VH238H which is the same exact monitor except the VH238H is LED instead of LCD, which only improves the visual quality (light is more even accross the screen, better contrast, etc) and doesn't affect the input lag.

You won't find too many 236's these days.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Why not use the newer generation of Asus 1ms monitors rather than the old 2ms ones? < - serious question ( I know coming from me thats weird lol )

@Tim Static @9.95

my guess is that "the evo standard" monitor is the monitors that the TO's have "in stock" already and to revamp their equipment would be very expensive.. Is that the only reason not to go to newer tech?

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
This is slightly off topic, but didn't care to make a entire thread about this or TV's. I know the 2013 Sony Bravia panels (W6 models), have very low input lag for a TV, I have the 48", the input lag averages from 15.5ms to 20.95 pending on your settings. One source here,

https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-w6-input-lag-test-results.1783914/

Now, I wouldn't go off and buy this TV before researching what is out their now, I personally am not looking for a new TV, but if you find a W6 Bravia cheap, its a nice TV for gaming. 15.5ms is stupid low for that type of TV panel specifically.