What's new

ASUS VH236H LCD Monitor - The Best (the EVO monitor)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Do people just use a standards hdmi cable with these then?

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

I just got mine. HDMI, XBox on 720p, and Asus Monitor set to game mode.

Not sure if there is anything else you need to do or if Evo has specific settings for the display itself.

i agree with all this, i actually don't think raiden is up there with reptile n kabal but hey the matchup says otherwise. i dont see how he has that many good match ups and no one has one a major with him, its even rare to see him used at all let olone top 8. where as you see reptile n kabal in top 8 more than kung lao even. and it absolutlely makes no sense whats so ever that a d4 can stuff a superman. i think mileena is a bad matchup vs raiden as well as reptile
Thank you han. I actually might order one now!
Lol wtf quite is this?^^
GGA HAN

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I mean you missed out on the deal, right when you got yours. I wanted you to save money, haha.
Lol, from now on you are my financial advisor :p Don't worry about it, I had some money coming back to me for tuition reimbursement I kinda splurged and got some other things that I didn't really need to spend money on... so I don't really mind. I've been waiting too long anyway, I wouldn't have waited another day even if I knew the deal was coming.

Lol, from now on you are my financial advisor :p Don't worry about it, I had some money coming back to me for tuition reimbursement I kinda splurged and got some other things that I didn't really need to spend money on... so I don't really mind. I've been waiting too long anyway, I wouldn't have waited another day even if I knew the deal was coming.
Well mine should be here soon, can't wait to try it!

Got mine in the mail today, what settings are all of you using and resolution?

So, far I think it's too damn bright.

Response time is so godlike though, it's instant.

chores

bad at things
Is this model is the standard/most used monitor lately?
Seems there's newer models out now.

For you and anyone else who comes to this thread looking for answers:

There have been lots of monitors released that are as good or better than the EVO monitor. The most important thing is that they have an input delay of less than 1 frame.

There are 60 frames per second in a fighting game, so if you divide "1 second/60 frames" you get .016 or 16 milliseconds per frame. Our goal is thus to have less than 16ms of input delay since 1 frame is the smallest measurement that we care about.

This used to be hard to find information since it is not listed in any manufacturer's tech specs. The "G2G" or "response time" they list is not the same. Luckily for us our friends over at www.displaylag.com have done the heavy lifting for us.
(I want to say that I am in no way associated with that site, and they do use Amazon affiliate links so be sure to check prices elsewhere.)
But if you read their testing method they are doing a tremendous service for fighting game players.

Anyways, just go to that site and select all the filters that are <16ms under lag. Any of those monitors will be fine for fighting games. Of course some will be bigger, sharper, prettier etc but you can at least know that they will all have under a frame of delay which to me is the most important factor.