What's new

Ashrah General Discussion

PSA: her light stance projectile goes full screen when amplified. Idk how I didn't know this myself, I merely assumed it just got a paltry damage buff.

It's no joke when you're in a pinch and wanna chip someone out or tip the scales in a projectile war. Still not amazing but better than nothing to have a full screen option

Reactions: jmt
Feelings on matchups so far. As we all know, there's only about 5 or 6 characters ever played online so I literally just have this list:

Johnny Cage 6-4: Hard for Johnny to get in, easy for Ashrah to get out. Could be 5-5 because Johnny is so oppressive, I'm being optimistic here.
Kenshi 3-7: Busted character lol, not much more to say.
Raiden 4-6: Genuinely hard to top his damage game
Shao Khan 6-4: Hard for Shao to do anything against DF1- less options than Johnny
Reiko 5-5: Meh.
Sub Zero 6-4: Sword attacks neutralize ice clone
Scorpion 4-6: Has an answer for every distance. I have trouble with this one
Baraka 4-6: Has almost-as-good footsies as us, but nearly twice the damage lol
Smoke 6-4: I don't know how to play this matchup I just block and randomly hold up/down and eventually I win

Everyone else: no idea, literally everyone plays the same characters online

Reactions: jmt

Immortal

Blind justice....
No idea about Ashrah MUs but heard yesterday Tigerz said he thinks Ashrah vs Kenshi is in her favour. He is considered one of if not the best Kenshi player atm. He also picked her to counter Unbearables Kenshi in tournament and won.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
No idea about Ashrah MUs but heard yesterday Tigerz said he thinks Ashrah vs Kenshi is in her favour. He is considered one of if not the best Kenshi player atm. He also picked her to counter Unbearables Kenshi in tournament and won.
Yeah, Tigerz approach to Ashrah incredibly good and I think might solidify Ashrah/Sareena as the top competitive team for Ashrah. Sareena gives Ashrah basically complete neutral control between the light projectiles and Sareenas, which can be easily comboed from basically anywhere on screen with f2. A lot of characters just can't handle it.

I need to find some of that Tigerz Ashrah v Kenshi MU footage because that MU is absolute AIDS for me.

I dont have issues with Reiko though. I'm curious what makes him difficult? I was sorta starting to feel I actually have an advantage in that MU

I need to find some of that Tigerz Ashrah v Kenshi MU footage because that MU is absolute AIDS for me.

I dont have issues with Reiko though. I'm curious what makes him difficult? I was sorta starting to feel I actually have an advantage in that MU
I find it hard to keep up with his movement and footsies while also navigating his shuriken spam effectively. Lots of chasing him down trying not to get slid on etc.
His d4 feels like it hits a full shin's length after his foot, too.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I kinda want to see us nerfed a bit, because right now Light Stance really does feel so strong that I don't have to care about Dark Stance, as much as I might want to and have tried. Unless I need to get in or specifically am looking to flash parry, Light is pretty much better.

Maybe nerfed isn't the right word. Rebalanced so Dark is better at certain aspects, which I think would require Light projectile to not be quite so good.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I kinda want to see us nerfed a bit, because right now Light Stance really does feel so strong that I don't have to care about Dark Stance, as much as I might want to and have tried. Unless I need to get in or specifically am looking to flash parry, Light is pretty much better.

Maybe nerfed isn't the right word. Rebalanced so Dark is better at certain aspects, which I think would require Light projectile to not be quite so good.
Or just buff Dark Stance. Other than the super blatant stuff like Cyrax Kameo and such I wouldn't nerf this early, especially a character like Ashrah who is strong with the user in hand vs the character doing it for you. Once a few truly busted things are normalized some low tier stuff will be buffed, so you don't wanna just tier shift either.

With all that said, yea using her it feels more like I'm trying to find ways to implement Dark rather than applying it properly, so I'm not sure if it's a me thing or if the utility isn't rewarding enough yet.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
If her stance switches weren’t so long, I would utilize it more. Considering dark stance is great for pressure. I feel that nrs should make it recover faster or make it faster.

They needed to make dark ghost air dash cancel into more air normals

On another note, I'm finding without Sareena, Ashrah can initially feel gimped against projectile spam, especially if you dont have the unwavering patience of a pro player. This underscores the importance of learning her ghost dash timings against specific projectiles, from specific distances, eith or without armor- lots of permutations therein.

Some projectiles require reads, but some can be punished on reaction. You can pretty much punish Reptiles force ball on reaction from full screen

Some projectiles mandate that you spend armor but some don't.

If Raiden fully charges his static balls and you adjust your position, you can armor through them and punish

It's also good to learn the distance wherr you can neutral duck a projectile and punish with f2

after a while of being fairly under the radar it seems people are waking up to Ashrah and perceiving her to be really good. i see a lot of tier lists placing her top 5 or so right under the big four of baraka kenshi johnny and raiden.

some are even saying she's nerf worthy already

Not sure if people have already mentioned this in this thread, but if you're using Scorpion and you connect with her f2, you get 30% and full dark stack. Tigerz has a video that shows it off, but basically you do f2, df3, Nk, j2, db1, dash, f2, db2. The timing is a little tricky at first but once you get it it's straightforward.

Last edited:

Versa

Noob
On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard would ya'll say Ashrah is to play for a competent fighting game player?

I've lost faith in Mileena after seeing how her best move is flawless blockable into 50% damage, so I want to explore another MK chick in case shit hits the fan with the empress.

I like her kit and was a big fan of her in MKD. Some of ya'll scared me away talking about frame perfect flash step punish cancels n shit though LOL.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard would ya'll say Ashrah is to play for a competent fighting game player?

I've lost faith in Mileena after seeing how her best move is flawless blockable into 50% damage, so I want to explore another MK chick in case shit hits the fan with the empress.

I like her kit and was a big fan of her in MKD. Some of ya'll scared me away talking about frame perfect flash step punish cancels n shit though LOL.

The flash cancels aren't as hard as they seem once you practice them enough, and are one of the strongest parts of her game.

Overall though, I find her relatively easy to pick, as her gameplan is very straightforward and her execution isn't too demanding at all (outside of the cancel timing stuff). I pair her with Sareena and it's probably the most simple character I've touched so far by a good portion (Sindel/Shang/Rain/Kenshi). And she's also really strong in this game too so would be a highly recommended pick up.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I found her extremely easy to pick up. Very easy in execution, like probably the easiest combos in the game. Short, simple and the damage is pretty high. That being said you have to remember she's a pretty specific character in way she is meant to be played, you really need to like playing neutral where she shines. Canceling anything and everything into projectile. F2 is a crazy button(with even better reach) and you get a combo of it.

You wont be bulling anybody up close with amazing buttons(unles you go into dark stance but that's another ball of wax, currently not really worth it imo). Sareena seems to go best with her. As a whole she is a better character than Mileena(dmg is slightly lower) but she plays differently. Thou... you know... no more yolo rolls which is a non starter for many (former)Mileena players. :laughing:

Versa

Noob
I found her extremely easy to pick up. Very easy in execution, like probably the easiest combos in the game. Short, simple and the damage is pretty high. That being said you have to remember she's a pretty specific character in way she is meant to be played, you really need to like playing neutral where she shines. Canceling anything and everything into projectile. F2 is a crazy button(with even better reach) and you get a combo of it.

You wont be bulling anybody up close with amazing buttons(unles you go into dark stance but that's another ball of wax, currently not really worth it imo). Sareena seems to go best with her. As a whole she is a better character than Mileena(dmg is slightly lower) but she plays differently. Thou... you know... no more yolo rolls which is a non starter for many (former)Mileena players. :laughing:
The club I'm in for Street Fighter 6 is called "Neutral Enjoyers" LOL so yeah I'm definitely about to main shorty. Thanks guys! Where's the best place to find a guide?

i dont think ashrah nerfs are justified in the current environment.

I think an ashrah nerf is inevitable. I am already lapsing into bad habits like armor ghost dashing out of any situation with hardly any risk.

I see her light projectile being made slightly less plus. I see her armor being reduced to taking 1 hit only. I dont see her f3 overhead remaining untouched either. I could also see her damage getting reduced

Mind you this isn't what I want to happen, just what I expect from the grumblings I've heard. And I think she should receive compensatory buffs in exchange, namely things to make dark stance better