What's new

Ashrah General Discussion

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Ashra and scorpion work really well together. I been labbing with her and she is very promising considering her range and anti airs. She’s really solid. As for plus frame on certain moves in dark stance? Can someone confirm this?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ashra and scorpion work really well together. I been labbing with her and she is very promising considering her range and anti airs. She’s really solid. As for plus frame on certain moves in dark stance? Can someone confirm this?
Buttons and Strings that are plus on block when canceled into Astral Manifestation (Dark Stance bf2) :

12: +1
22: +1
b2: +1
f2: +2
b3: +1
f4: +1

Some other become less negative, though, that's not always a good thing. F3 goes from -12 to -10, but without spacing you become more punishable.

Most strings become more plus on hit.

Last edited:
So what can we do with +1 after ghost port?
My dummy can jab me out of a jab attempt.

Wish this game had an action timing display so I could tell whether I'm miss timing this.

I was testing the +1 cancels and it was indeed very hard for me to get the timing to enforce the plus frames. I think I beat the training dummy maybe 1 out of 5 times

If I'm not mistaken players in blockstun get a 3 frame input buffer on their normals to make lunish timing easier. We don't get the same in recovery. So it'd be a case where you have to be frame perfect to be a well timed challenge, and they have some leniency.

One funny thing that came out of this test- point blank d1 xx dash through will cause a reversal d1 to whiff in the wrong direction and you can get a full combo punish off f4

What are the practical applications for the different hit effect of b22 and b32 with the dark charges? I honestly haven't been paying them any attention

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
b22 with an up juggle Kaemo like Scorpion and a few others leads to full combo. As it adds a bounce.

Reactions: jmt

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Best cameos definitely goro or scorpion.

both give combos of throw scorpion is easier to combo off throw but goro has better/easier hit confirms off f423 122 f3 and 223 which is what I prefer.

currently trying to see what character could give a vortex scenario of her low and overhead.

I've been considering dropping Jax as my kameo for someone else, but it's also become pretty core to my gameplan that I can combo off f3

Second Saint

I've been considering dropping Jax as my kameo for someone else, but it's also become pretty core to my gameplan that I can combo off f3
You can do that with Scorpion pretty easily, as long as you confirm into df3. I'd need to be home to give you the exact notation, but basically when you input it as f3~df3 uKameo, and go from there.

Also f3 being hit confirmable is so good, and it's especially easy with FB, because it's just one button.

Second Saint

Trying to show ashra some love. Sometimes I fall prey to rush down.
Match up
That Baraka kick launch, looks like an overhead but it’s a mid to low.

Instead of the meterless throw combo you're doing, you can do throw (Kameo) jf21~bf2d and still get the same kind of oki as the metered version and I think 210 damage or around there. I actually rarely use bar in throw combos because of it, which lets me save it for other things.

You can do that with Scorpion pretty easily, as long as you confirm into df3. I'd need to be home to give you the exact notation, but basically when you input it as f3~df3 uKameo, and go from there.

Also f3 being hit confirmable is so good, and it's especially easy with FB, because it's just one button.
I'm lost on this, how can f3 be hit confirmable if it's just one hit? And how could I combo df3 after it?

Second Saint

I'm lost on this, how can f3 be hit confirmable if it's just one hit? And how could I combo df3 after it?
It's special cancelable and the window is massive. Right now, it's basically a streetfighter normal
You usually end up having to reverse your inputs though because of the side switch.

With better routing, this actually goes up to 360 or so for the same resources.

After trying it out in practice mode, my reaction times are too "middle aged man" now to hit confirm even off that generous f3 window

Second Saint

I was testing out Cyrax Assist, and I can't tell if we have anything worthwhile with the delay assist yet, but the ambush assist where he does a high spin and like 4% chip damage seems pretty good for Ashrah.

Particularly because of f42 being an overhead, you can lock them into blocking the whole thing. This has different utility in Light and Dark Stance.

F4[K]2~df1 in light stance forces them to block a projectile and spaces it out so you're +9.

F4[K]2~bf2 in dark stance side switches and plus enough to jail a b3, but gives them a gap to armor a f3. Somewhere in between +14 and +22. You can basically guarantee a high low or strike throw off of a blocked f42 for one assist.

There's also still high damage potential. Cyrax seems like a solid assist choice, but unless I find a throw combo, or some useful tech with the delayed bomb, I'm just not sure I'd use him.

Second Saint

I was testing out Cyrax Assist, and I can't tell if we have anything worthwhile with the delay assist yet, but the ambush assist where he does a high spin and like 4% chip damage seems pretty good for Ashrah.

Particularly because of f42 being an overhead, you can lock them into blocking the whole thing. This has different utility in Light and Dark Stance.

F4[K]2~df1 in light stance forces them to block a projectile and spaces it out so you're +9.

F4[K]2~bf2 in dark stance side switches and plus enough to jail a b3, but gives them a gap to armor a f3. Somewhere in between +14 and +22. You can basically guarantee a high low or strike throw off of a blocked f42 for one assist.

There's also still high damage potential. Cyrax seems like a solid assist choice, but unless I find a throw combo, or some useful tech with the delayed bomb, I'm just not sure I'd use him.
Ok, now I'm finding free stance switches into being +10 or so and guaranteed larger plus frames with bf2 cancel in light stance. Also this sequence builds like 40% of a bar meter and does like 8% chip. This is getting pretty nasty.

Heresy

Noob
Using the route you posted from the kombo thread this can get to 385 for the same.
f3~df3EX, j122~bf2[nK]d, j122~df2d
What does the [nK] mean in this string?

I assume it is night mode air dash, with the "d" input making it do an attack, but I find afterward I just fall to the ground and can't continue the combo from there.

Thanks for the help!