What's new

General/Other Army of Tarkatans: Baraka mains post here!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thought i join in on the why i play raka,

bought mk2....saw raka...thought to myself,why would u pick anyone else this guy has blades coming out his freakin arms! picked him,put in command for chopchop and i was sold

yea raka's mk9 fatals pretty sweet,was so happy 1st raka tourny fatality i done,on a kung lao 2 ;) mk gold revenge
even the stance on his babality is beast

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
Yeah I was at NEC

didn't do so hot, lol
there isn't really enough MK competition in my local scene and the guy i play with often really only knows johnny cage, liu kang, and ermac so i don't know a lot of the matchups

VOR

Noob
hey what's up i officially changed my name to VOR. i was vestmentofruin on the list before but that i think was little too much of a mouthful so i just abbreviated it. zoidberg,if you could change it that'd be sweet.

Hey I'm a Baraka main, He's been my favorite character in MK since MK2. I've been using him faithfully in MK9 since day 1. PSN is Phoenix90

1man3letters

so just home from TEST YOUR HYPE tourny,went well be could of gone better (to much mkak since eu only got it wed so my bad on that)

got 2nd in the singles (losing to cage)
got 2nd in the tag tourny with deathriders kitana as my parnter (losing to cage/kenshi)

so i guess that report card could read,could do better

next tourny is feb i think?? just vbefore wgc in france so show be a good warm up
so ill be doing a hell of alot work before than and help finish off on the commuity guide

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
hey guys sorry for lack of content, was suppose to post a combo video which was a collab between me and ETI but cap broke. :( any who everyone is hypin me to take baraka to that Atlanta tourny so hopefully I get a ride. put this loveable monster on the map aye?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If we get a scene going in Dallas(working on it currently) we will be able to stream and if I make it to one I will definitely post some videos of my matches. I honestly havent played MK in like 2 weeks though because I cant touch online anymore. I need to get to practicin' if I dont want to embarrass myself.

Anyone that can use him at a major should, and will have my 100% support.

Plop

Noob
i WANT to main Baraka, i really do, always have...but i find that b31 string sooo hard to land consistantly, especially online. It just frustrates me too much to put the time into him unfortunately and its a shame cos, along with Kano, he's by far my favorite character of the series.
I do use him as a kinda sloppy secondary though.

jamessmk

I am your god
i WANT to main Baraka, i really do, always have...but i find that b31 string sooo hard to land consistantly, especially online. It just frustrates me too much to put the time into him unfortunately and its a shame cos, along with Kano, he's by far my favorite character of the series.
I do use him as a kinda sloppy secondary though.
For starters, b3,1 is a much need combo to his arsenal, but certainly is not end all. Connect with on b3,1 and from there go into dash b1,1, into d,f 2. I personally do not go for the third b3,1, for it's is risky. You should work up to two b3,1 in a combo. Also note most of his starters a cancel able. 1,2,1 drop last 1 go into chop-chop. Or f2 into d,f block+1 , followed by and special

Good luck

1man3letters

Fended well with Baraka tonight, lil sloppy and at time too aggressive. But hey, I'm Baraka
was glad ya beat that liu kang, i HATE that matchup

going into the chop after a blocked slices to catch to jump out were sweet,it worked both times :youcantseeme:
great use of the jump back kick also,ive been trying to get myself to do that more
digging 121~slices blockstring upclose

one question though,ive noticed u use f2,2 instead of f2~special sometimes,how come? just for the sneakness of blade? im pretty sure its unsafe on block but i dont know by how many frames

jamessmk

I am your god
was glad ya beat that liu kang, i HATE that matchup

going into the chop after a blocked slices to catch to jump out were sweet,it worked both times :youcantseeme:
great use of the jump back kick also,ive been trying to get myself to do that more
digging 121~slices blockstring upclose

one question though,ive noticed u use f2,2 instead of f2~special sometimes,how come? just for the sneakness of blade? im pretty sure its unsafe on block but i dont know by how many frames
F22 just to catch off guard sometimes, sometimes it catches them even when behind you
, whacky move

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
might not be the right thread for this, but does baraka have any decent anti air normals? right now im just using the blade spin, it works, but i feel like i should be able to end an anti air combo with the f4 to make the most of it.

1man3letters

might not be the right thread for this, but does baraka have any decent anti air normals? right now im just using the blade spin, it works, but i feel like i should be able to end an anti air combo with the f4 to make the most of it.
theres a small section on 1st page of the ask baraka thread

if i anti air with a normal i use 4~charge or d2 (and hope get the height to link charge)

but as u said u were after normals could link to f4 your only options really are 1,dash,f4 or d1,dash,f4

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
theres a small section on 1st page of the ask baraka thread

if i anti air with a normal i use 4~charge or d2 (and hope get the height to link charge)

but as u said u were after normals could link to f4 your only options really are 1,dash,f4 or d1,dash,f4
much appreciated :)

1man3letters

F22 just to catch off guard sometimes, sometimes it catches them even when behind you
, whacky move
ye ive had the happen a few times ,the best being knocking a sonya out of a auto correct dive kick,we were both like wtf?

raka has some crazy hitbox/hurtbox things at times...like the vacuum chop has...just eats up so much...except a jip :facepalm:

jamessmk

I am your god
Plus when I play online and a player does duck duck duck duck fatality. I found best use for F22. I go
To opposite side of screen after beating them and instead of fatality. I do my slow draw out finger giving tech until it eventually stabs them. You can get a good 6 FU before the last stab :)

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I'm a Baraka main as well. I just have been playing a lot of Street Fighter and UMvC3 lately. I loved him because of his fatalities being top tier and I usually like the characters that are low-tier or at least said to be low tier.
PSN: FirmNips

jamessmk

I am your god
I'm a Baraka main as well. I just have been playing a lot of Street Fighter and UMvC3 lately. I loved him because of his fatalities being top tier and I usually like the characters that are low-tier or at least said to be low tier.
PSN: FirmNips
Welcome to the regiment.