What's new

Guide - Inferno "ARISE!" Inferno Scorpion Guide

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Hi guys.

This is my first fighting game since the old mk & sf games and very much enjoying the experience of learning the amount of depth in this game. I've played around with all the characters since release and I've settled on scorpion inferno as my main.

My punish combo of choice is:

214~TP, 21~MG, fj2, 4~Spear, fj2, 4~TP 36%

Which I can consistently do. But I'm finding that most of my combo set ups are coming from full screen MG run then:

213~tp, 21~spear,fj2,21~tp for 28% then I instant throw for the extra 12%. They land far enough to attempt a repeat cycle. And its actually working quite well for now.

So my question is. . After the MG being my opening move, what's my highest damage combo + vortex possibility?

Thanks
If you have the time, Dash, NJP, DB1, 21>DB3, Run slightly, 21>BF1, JIP, 4>DB3, is the most damaging, but using JIP, 214>DB3, 21>BF1, JIP, 4>DB3 is probably the most likely combo you will get after a DB4 in matches.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Was there some unlisted nerf to scorps ability to juggle? It seems like tge window to catch people with teleport, 21 arise is drastically diminished. Also it seems like on certain juggle stuff just doesnt connect like it used to. Aka it doesnt connect lol

BloodyNights

Was there some unlisted nerf to scorps ability to juggle? It seems like tge window to catch people with teleport, 21 arise is drastically diminished. Also it seems like on certain juggle stuff just doesnt connect like it used to. Aka it doesnt connect lol
Inferno Scorpion was hurt really badly with the 214 string. But everything that I have currently listed works, might be more difficult to pull off but it works.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Inferno Scorpion was hurt really badly with the 214 string. But everything that I have currently listed works, might be more difficult to pull off but it works.
Thanks. Yeah the 214 string is pretty bad right now. I was considering getting off Scorp even before this. I think this sealed it for me. I will take a look at the guide. I haven't looked at it yet. I just was looking for some answers. I thought i was just sucking really badly lol

BloodyNights

Yea the combos are pretty much going to always drop online now really bugs me
You can still do combos online, but I'd stay away from the advanced ones. Just be careful of 214 teleport in the corner as it randomly will not let you combo either 21, or the DB4 after the 21.

Rebelo

Noob
You can still do combos online, but I'd stay away from the advanced ones. Just be careful of 214 teleport in the corner as it randomly will not let you combo either 21, or the DB4 after the 21.
I don't get why they nerfed the air time 214 Tele ggives you I understand the fireball cancel nerf but there was no reason to nerf the air time 214 Tele give you

BloodyNights

I don't get why they nerfed the air time 214 Tele ggives you I understand the fireball cancel nerf but there was no reason to nerf the air time 214 Tele give you
It's just NRS's failed way of balancing Hellfire, by nerfing the entirety of the character instead of the problem it's self.

BloodyNights

This was helpful...
That video will certainly help people who cannot get the timing down, or who are playing on a non lagless monitor. But I squeeze out every bit of damage that I can get. Luckily that mentality has allowed me to pretty much always land 214>Teleport, 21>Arise! The only time I do not use 21, is when 214>teleport throws me in the corner. I use 12>Spear.

Also Standing 3>Arise, should be used over 21>Arise. when starting the combo from a spear as it does more damage. I would suggest everyone practice his combos till you can do them in your sleep. Losing even just a few percent could end up costing him in a game.

Hello, i am a relatively new player in MKX and in MK world.
I started playing with scorpion inferno as a "beginner character". I play with my friends and being able to play good matches my purpose. :)

So i am not pro and may post here and there in the future (and try other variations of Scorpion - I like him and don't want to play with other top tier characters especially that is good enough against my friends, yet).

I try the combos of course and I must say that "214 Tele 21 MG" is working pretty well. There are excuses which was mentioned above. Close to the wall and after too many strings. But after a flame heel + spear i can do it pretty well.

For me the bigger challenge is the 214 Tele 21 spear because my hand is so lame and can't execute the spear properly yet (i see in the practise that i don't imput the "back" properly but i wanted).

As I see inferno is not a popular character anymore. I like him very much and very funny against my friends. They respect the minion and it is always fun to suprise them. We are not pro players but we play fine games.

I can't do the vortex due to that execution problem yet. Sometimes I can do it and it's very cool. It is good they are not perfect either.

I must add that this guide is very good I try to implement the block strings now. I don't have good mentality for pressure maybe that's why i like scorpion inferno more than the "op" pressure characters. I feel better at distance but sometimes it is good to run and throw. :)

BloodyNights

Hello, i am a relatively new player in MKX and in MK world.
I started playing with scorpion inferno as a "beginner character". I play with my friends and being able to play good matches my purpose. :)

So i am not pro and may post here and there in the future (and try other variations of Scorpion - I like him and don't want to play with other top tier characters especially that is good enough against my friends, yet).

I try the combos of course and I must say that "214 Tele 21 MG" is working pretty well. There are excuses which was mentioned above. Close to the wall and after too many strings. But after a flame heel + spear i can do it pretty well.

For me the bigger challenge is the 214 Tele 21 spear because my hand is so lame and can't execute the spear properly yet (i see in the practise that i don't imput the "back" properly but i wanted).

As I see inferno is not a popular character anymore. I like him very much and very funny against my friends. They respect the minion and it is always fun to suprise them. We are not pro players but we play fine games.

I can't do the vortex due to that execution problem yet. Sometimes I can do it and it's very cool. It is good they are not perfect either.

I must add that this guide is very good I try to implement the block strings now. I don't have good mentality for pressure maybe that's why i like scorpion inferno more than the "op" pressure characters. I feel better at distance but sometimes it is good to run and throw. :)
This is super late, but a super easy mix up that may not do much damage but feels near guaranteed after the vortex is to not always go for an overhead or a low. Doing something simple like standing 1, into throw is pretty good. I'd say down 3 isn't bad either, but if they block it, it could end the throw attempt. Standing 1 is plus on block. They can duck it but not many people are that crazy except new players who do not block at all to begin with. lol

This is super late, but a super easy mix up that may not do much damage but feels near guaranteed after the vortex is to not always go for an overhead or a low. Doing something simple like standing 1, into throw is pretty good. I'd say down 3 isn't bad either, but if they block it, it could end the throw attempt. Standing 1 is plus on block. They can duck it but not many people are that crazy except new players who do not block at all to begin with. lol
Super late but still useful and valid. :) Thank you , nice option. It is good for all variations.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
so say i get the beggining of my vortex going and im at that part where you do back1 to spear or forawrd4 to spear but what ive noticed is against good players they block low and when they see the back1 isnt coming they stand and im just there eating a full combo punish like what do i do to prevent that

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Mix up your game. Don't always go for a full combo. Grab, f2, standing 1 to stagger.

Hell, I even use the stance change to mix it up.

Last edited:

the.hamburglar

Mix up your game. Don't always go for a full combo. Grab, f2, standing 1 to stagger.

Hell, I even you the stance change to mix it up.

yeah i been trying the standing one but sometimes the grab whiffs, any help or explanation on that? even when they croutch block

the.hamburglar

yeah i been trying the standing one but sometimes the grab whiffs, any help or explanation on that? even when they croutch block
by the way that back 1 to rising minion has worked before on opponents that are good at blocking and it was actually from that fight because i remember watching this fight, im always watching esl but yeah just wanted to put that out there

Hell, I even you the stance change to mix it up.

Good to watch your videos I am motivated to play more inferno in the future. I started with inferno and tried hellfire but settled with Ninjitsu.
But some mixup is always good not to be bored lol.
I am just not as good with inferno as with Ninjitsu (and play a lot against Kotal Kahn and he always pressures me recklessly with his fast forward strings if I don't say STOP). I can't really stop him with inferno and that discouraged me to play against him (he respects Ninjitsu's F2 and that's my momentum). So inferno is Fun but not really effective (for me as a play worse). :)
My other friend plays grandmaster sub zero against him the inferno would be preferred though.
Just different playstyle needed.

Last edited: