What's new

Guide - Inferno "ARISE!" Inferno Scorpion Guide

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
so say i get the beggining of my vortex going and im at that part where you do back1 to spear or forawrd4 to spear but what ive noticed is against good players they block low and when they see the back1 isnt coming they stand and im just there eating a full combo punish like what do i do to prevent that
If you have meter, you can EX Spear, which is -5 on block, meaning you likely won't eat a full combo if you correctly block their counter, but it will be their turn. Be careful with this, as EX Spear is a high and can be neutral ducked and you will very likely be punished (It's only happened to me a few times, but people might catch on). You can also do what I love to do, and sprint after the standing reset into the throw. Once you get the timing down, the player might start neutral crouching or pressing buttons, cueing you to start throwing out the low again.

You can also empty TP after a block, and if they aren't expecting it and don't attempt it over and over again, you can apply pressure and stay safe enough.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
If you have meter, you can EX Spear, which is -5 on block, meaning you likely won't eat a full combo if you correctly block their counter, but it will be their turn. Be careful with this, as EX Spear is a high and can be neutral ducked and you will very likely be punished (It's only happened to me a few times, but people might catch on). You can also do what I love to do, and sprint after the standing reset into the throw. Once you get the timing down, the player might start neutral crouching or pressing buttons, cueing you to start throwing out the low again.

You can also empty TP after a block, and if they aren't expecting it and don't attempt it over and over again, you can apply pressure and stay safe enough.
yeah ive been trying that like right after a knockdown il use the ex teleport a couple times till they respect it then i do the cancel and a throw, also i noticed f4 into ex low minion catches players off guard who usually block f4 spear, i hope they increase his damage soon because 27-30% even with meter doesnt really cut it sometimes. Im slowly moving to summoner quan, basically same tools except 40-50% per wrong guess

yeah ive been trying that like right after a knockdown il use the ex teleport a couple times till they respect it then i do the cancel and a throw, also i noticed f4 into ex low minion catches players off guard who usually block f4 spear, i hope they increase his damage soon because 27-30% even with meter doesnt really cut it sometimes. Im slowly moving to summoner quan, basically same tools except 40-50% per wrong guess
Well, switching to Quanchi as a higher tier character is understandable.
I like playing Scorpion and don't change it yet. :)
Instead I try to bring out the maximum from him and accept the disadvantage against better toons.
I don't have huge ambitions on the Internet though (playing a lot against friends who picked mid tier characters too). :)