What's new

Aris on SFV.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Anyone who thinks MKX is less complicated than MK9 didn't play MK9.

MK9 is a far simpler game to play. There's a difference between being 'watered down' and certain things being too strong. MKX includes a greater variety of higher-level mechanics than MK9, and there's a lot more to think about. Tons of different cancels, stamina management, meter burns at various times, a wakeup system that was deeper than MK9, an AA game that wasn't just casually jabbing people out of the air for full combo, and much more diverse character archetypes, the variation system, interactibles, etc. Plus, especially by the last patch, far more characters were viable than were in MK9.

The issues with the game were that certain things were too strong for most of its life. Namely mixups, plus frames for meter and oki with the run button. The last patch addressed a number of these issues to some extent -- which is why characters like Sektor that were neutral-heavy but not 50/50-based became strong at a top/tournament level.

There's a lot more to be aware of in MKX and it's definitely a more complicated game whether you like it or not. I have to question whether this Israel guy actually played the games he's talking about.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I want to reply.. but given how long my replies tend to be over simple shit, and to one person, If I replied to everything I want to in this thread Id whither and die in my chair long before I finished.

I REALLy need to make the fucking time and get up with Rushdown. My Akuma needs jesus, but he'll have to do.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Anyone who thinks MKX is less complicated than MK9 didn't play MK9.

MK9 is a far simpler game to play. There's a difference between being 'watered down' and certain things being too strong. MKX includes a greater variety of higher-level mechanics than MK9, and there's a lot more to think about. Tons of different cancels, stamina management, meter burns at various times, a wakeup system that was deeper than MK9, an A2A game that wasn't just jabbing people out of the air for full combo, and much more diverse character archetypes, the variation system, interactibles, etc. Plus, especially by the last patch, far more characters were viable than were in MK9.

The issues with the game were that certain things were too strong for most of its life. Namely mixups, plus frames for meter and oki with the run button. The last patch addressed a lot of these issues to some extent -- which is why characters like Sektor that were neutral-heavy but not 50/50-based became strong at a top/tournament level.

There's a lot more to be aware of in MKX and it's definitely a more complicated game whether you like it or not. I have to question whether this Israel guy actually played the games he's talking about.
QFTT.