What's new

Tech Ares reset!

Flagg

Noob
This is an awesome thread! Once I get a new XBOX i'll be using this stuff for real. Reset or Gimmick, who cares. Even if you only land stuff like this once, it pretty much guarantees you a one round victory.

Man, what an obnoxious little shit redeyes is. Is that the player that was always complaining about Ares in all the ARES threads?

Briyen

Noob

String: J2 3D2xxMB GS B3 J2 F23D4--Far MB GS B3 J2 F23 B4

Credits: Breakin Wordz

was there an easier place to find this, learning Ares for fun cause he's fun but man was this reset hard to find, is there a place for mbGodsmack setups? Would be useful to sticky

The Gabriel

Mean Man
was there an easier place to find this, learning Ares for fun cause he's fun but man was this reset hard to find, is there a place for mbGodsmack setups? Would be useful to sticky
here's the thing with ares - you can go for a GS after every knockdown if you want. myself I'd never waste sword trait to set up a shaky one at the very end of his range, but I do throw it out after straight axe sometimes.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
As an Ares player I can tell you there's WAY better traps and Resets with Ares.
It seemed that Moss wasn't maximizing his damage with J2,F23 after the MB-God Smack as well then getting the reset with the teleport. He would have killed Superman quicker IMO. Also he was using the 112+Axe wich really isn't optimal he could have done the D4 for the launcher hit or even the block string to get more damage. After the 112,D4 you can also MB Teleport to get the 223 for around 33% and a good mix-up as well as put them at optimal range for a God Smack or MB God Smack wich chains into the B3 launcher with J2,F23 or 33 for around 30%. Also, if an opponent blocks the 112 you can opt out for a throw off of the block string for good mix-ups as well.
Over all I'm glad to see Ares actually being payed at tournaments now :) I think he has allot of potential.

BTW an EASY Arse combo with NO METER is: J2,112,D4,J2,F23,DF1 = 38% (if you MB the DF1 you get 42%) The DF1 can be switched out for B4 (forward Axe toss) for 39% No Meter also, but I like to keep it for Anti-Air due to it being hard to jump over for most characters.. This works on all the cast I'm pretty sure.